• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you taken a cruise in June or July?? How was the weather?

V2000

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of booking a cruise in June or July but I think hurricane season is June - Sept for the Bahamas. I am also concerned if it is too hot in either of those months. June is more expensive unfortunately. Maybe it's not as bad as I think.

How was your trip?? Tell me about the weather on your Disney cruise!

We have sailed a couple of times in June and it was hot, but not hot like it is in August. :)

Hurricane season runs June 1st to November 30th with most activity happening in August, September and sometimes in October. We sail a lot in September (we leave on one tomorrow and another on the 24th) and so far have been blessed with great weather.

Hurricane season is June 1 to Nov 30. Personally I wouldn't let that be the determining factor but "generally" there are more hurricanes in Sept and Oct. I don't have personal experience cruising those months but I can tell from weather reports that it's not as hot in the Bahamas as it is in Texas!

We often cruise in July and August. Yes it is very hot, but nothing that would make me not want to go then. I prefer extreme heat over the cold cruises I have taken in Dec and Feb. As for a hurricane, that is always a possibility but again, I wouldn't not cruise because of that. We have actually been affected by 2, but things worked out fine. In 2011 we had to swap our sea day and CC day to give the workers an extra day to clean up the island after a storm. In 2014 we ended up in San Juan instead of St Maarten due to a storm. The Captain will do whatever is necessary to avoid sailing through a storm.

I am thinking of booking a cruise in June or July but I think hurricane season is June - Sept for the Bahamas. I am also concerned if it is too hot in either of those months. June is more expensive unfortunately. Maybe it's not as bad as I think.

How was your trip?? Tell me about the weather on your Disney cruise!
As noted you're looking a hurricane season whichever of those months you asking about. We've sailed the Caribbean primarily in Sep/Oct and had absolutely no issues (yet). But that's no guarantee it couldn't happen on our next cruise.

You take you chances booking anytime during hurricane season. But, you can be sure, if a hurricane is coming when your cruise is set to go, they'll do all they can to avoid it. Now, it may mean the itinerary changes, or you get some extra sea days, but you'll still be on a cruise.

We have sailed several times in late June/early July. It is warm, but there is almost always great breezes in the islands, making it very bearable.

The last cruise I went on was in July and it was WONDERFUL! It was hot, but it felt nice. We did not get rained on. The waters were very smooth. Taking a cruise in July is great! :)

We did an EC cruise last June in the beginning of the month. It was hot! The deck and pavement at CC were very hot.

Depends on where you are from as to how hot you will think it is. I am from central Alabama and found the cruise in mid June 2015 was more tolerable than normal Alabama heat.

Last edited:
We sailed in July. We didn't give the fact that it was hurricane season much thought. It's quite hot but since we relocated to Florida a couple of years ago, hot is now our normal. We only had rain once, for all of 20 minutes, so that was nice.

I live in California. If it's bearable I would like to do mid June. Wondering about the humidity.

I enjoy summer cruises. It's warm, but comfortable as it's a different kind of heat on the ocean...it's bearable imo and great swimming weather as the ocean temperatures are very warm. My last summer cruise was in August in the Caribbean and I had a wonderful time. This year, I did a June cruise in the Med and it was also enjoyable but still a bit cold for the ocean..though I still went in.

We cruised this year, beginning of June… Bahamas. Too hot to do again in the summer for us. BUT we still had a great time for the most part (on the ship and castaway cay)

I have hyperhidrosis though, so I can start sweating just by walking down some stairs.

Last edited:
I think it said this last June it was 90 degrees during a similar time we wanted to go.
Does that sound about right?

"Too hot" is super-subjective. If you are from upstate New York, for example, you will probably find the weather very hot and humid.

We live in Louisiana, so the heat is no big deal for us. And actually, it is less humid in the Bahamas and Caribbean in June than it is for us back home. So, given the relatively low humidity, we don't find the weather unpleasant.

If you are going to sail during hurricane season, just make sure you get trip insurance.

We did 4 night cruise over July 4th. We live in maryland and I'm not a huge fan of the heat. To be honest, embarkation day was SUPER hot- like a sauna on the pool deck. After that, it was hot, but not miserable. We walked to Senor Frogs in Nassau (blech) and even did the CC 5k. I was very nervous going into this cruise about being miserable in the heat and was pleasantly surprised.

"Too hot" is super-subjective. If you are from upstate New York, for example, you will probably find the weather very hot and humid.

We live in Louisiana, so the heat is no big deal for us. And actually, it is less humid in the Bahamas and Caribbean in June than it is for us back home. So, given the relatively low humidity, we don't find the weather unpleasant.

If you are going to sail during hurricane season, just make sure you get trip insurance.

That's so true. We live in California. I am not sure how that compares.
What are the rules with travel insurance? Is it very expensive? Does it give you a refund or just option to reschedule?

We have sailed a couple of times in June and it was hot, but not hot like it is in August. :)

Hurricane season runs June 1st to November 30th with most activity happening in August, September and sometimes in October. We sail a lot in September (we leave on one tomorrow and another on the 24th) and so far have been blessed with great weather.

Only 1 day until your cruise?!? How exciting! I hope you have a magical time!!
:)

That's so true. We live in California. I am not sure how that compares.
What are the rules with travel insurance? Is it very expensive? Does it give you a refund or just option to reschedule?

"Expensive" is another subjective term. ;) I think, in general, insurance is about 3%-5% of your total cruise cost.

There are different levels of insurance that provide different levels of coverage. Insure My Trip and Allianz Travel Insurance seem to be two popular sites around here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter