Have you spent any/or many nights away from your Spouse?

Have you spent any/or many nights away from your Spouse?

• yes

• yes - not many though

• yes - quite a few

• yes - many

• no

• another reply

Results are only viewable after voting.
Almost every year, a groupp of us ladies go away for the weekend without hubbies or kids. And he travels for work sometimes. Still have sooooo much love for each other after 15 years of marriage.

My dh is in the military, so we've spent many months even over a year sleeping seperately.

Even without the military stuff though, yes we've slept apart from time to time. There are times that I go visit my family without him ect.

Our biggest seperation was March 2008-June 2008. DH got a job in MO and I finished out the yr with the kids in TX. That was without seeing each other at all.

Whew, I stopped counting but I've been married 23 years. I do girls only trips with my friends, he goes fishing (I absolutely hate fishing) and him and my sons usually do "A man trip" every other year.

The only time my DH and I have spent nights away from each other was when I gave birth to our 2 children.

Sure. I do girls' trips, he does guys' trips.

Sometimes I take our daughters and spend the night at my parents' house for a nice visit. My DH loves the chance to lounge on the couch in his underwear, eat Taco Bell and drink beer. This is not something that's looked upon favorably when I'm home!! :rotfl:

Well... He used to work nights, so we spent every week night, and most weekends apart for almost 7 years. But other then that? I have taken a few trips without him... taking the kids to visit family and such.

Yes very many. DH has been working away from home for 9 years now. He has worked shifts like 14days away and 6 home, 21 days away 7 home but right now he is on a 9 away 5 home. Travel days are always on our time. The longest consecutive time apart was 10 months.

For most of my marriage my DH has worked on a different continent from which we've lived on (he's a geologist). For the first three years of our marriage, he worked away 6 weeks and was then home for 2 weeks (although the six weeks often morphed into seven, eight, or even nine).

Even now he's probably away about 30% of the time. Although I love him and enjoy his company, I've come to realize that I really, really value my "alone" time.

My husband travels for work, so he'll probably spend about 5-6 weeks total a year. We've also had nights here or there where I've been with friends, etc.

I don't like it... I've always wanted to be one of those couples where we could say we've never spent a night apart, but that was never bound to be.

I was just thinking of this because a weekend trip is a requirement for a class I'm taking next semester. We've only been apart for the births of the kids.

DH is Army, and has been deployed many, many times. So we count by years, not days. I think my idea of many and others idea of many are very different.;)

we have several times - I've been away on business a few times and he has gone to his dads a few times plus he used to work nights ...I don't think it should be a big deal to spend nights away from each other..I mean life happens and sometimes you just have to get away...:goodvibes

DH works 2 24 hour shifts each week. Also, I have in the past traveled on business or gone on trips with my sister. Earlier in our marriage he used to go on hunting trips. Also, he has gone away for refresher training. Lots of nights apart. It's all good though, I am really introverted and need my alone time. Lots and lots of alone time.

DH travels for work M-F. I call him my 48-hour husband. :laughing:

When it starts to get to me, I think about military spouses and that turns me right back around. My DH may be gone, but his biggest worry is a bad hotel or delayed flight. I'll count my blessings.

I went to Disney with our son's marching band for 8 nights.
I went with my mom to Las vegas for 5 nights.
And I go a couple of times a year with "the girls" on 2-night outings.

DH goes on a week long fishing trip with my brothers every summer.

Every year, it's boys time out for hunting. So I'm usually gone for 4-5 nights at a time. During this time, DW will have the girls over to the house for a girls night.

Occasionally one of us might be away for business as well. Other than that, I'm very blessed that I get to have her beside me every night. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter