• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you sold your DVC?

ROFR fee is $20.50,deed recording fee $1.00, transfer fee to Disney $200.00.

That's all the fee's.

Oh good! Thats way less than I figured it would be. Thanks for your quick response.

If your financial person is telling you it will be almost impossible to sell your DVC points, then he/she doesn't know much about the DVC.

It shouldn't be terribly hard. List them with a reputable broker (we bought from Pat Spell at The Timeshare Store and had a great experience) and if it's priced properly, it should sell quickly.

Think long and hard about this. Points are going up every day, and while you will be able to purchase them back someday, it'll be a lot more expensive then.

I agree your financial advisor is not familiar with DVC contracts. They do sell very fast especially the smaller ones that are 150 -300 pts. The price of these contracts through real sale is more finacially attainable for many people than a 500+ pt contract. This why we accumulated our points by adding on 100+ pts per contract after our initial purchase. If we ever need to sell we can sell off 1 or 2 contracts and still have DVC points. We hope this never happens.
If you are planning on rebuying within a year and buy through resale it will still cost you more than what you sell for today but probably not that much more. And you will have the profits from your construction project. We all gotta do what we gotta to do. Good luck.

I sold a contract of 100 pts , which was sold before they had received the paperwork. I had the money in my hands in about 3 weeks or so. I paid 12% commission, and worth every cent. If you sell the contract yourself you will still probably need a closing company to do the leg work for you, which will run another $250 or more, especially if you don't know how to submit the contract for ROFR or how to file the paperwork with Orange County.

1) We sold 200-pts at BCV i about 2-weeks.
2) We are about to sell our OKW contract.
3) Everything on-site can sell relatively quickly. if it is priced right.
4) HH or VB will definitely take longer.

NOTE: Although we enjoy DVC, our extended family got too large to take everyone every year. We were able to sell our contract and buy three contracts at Orange Lake Country Club and Resort. For our circumstances, it was a good thing to do. We just bought a house and are moving to Orlando, so won't need OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter