Have you sailed late July to the Eastern Caribbean?

My2Qtz0205

DIS Veteran
i am looking for trip reports from cruisers who have sailed in late July/early August to the Eastern Caribbean. DH green-lighted me pricing out Disney vacations for next year. I am a teacher, so I am limited to summer and spring break. I am turning 40 next year, and the Fantasy leaves for EC on my birthday. I thought that might be pretty cool! Do you feel like you are walking on the surface of the sun at that time of year? I'd love to hear your experiences!

We went first of Aug a couple of years back. (no trip report). Heat index is subjective to where you are from. We are from central Texas where temps get to over 100 in late June and stay that way until Sept. With all the A/C on the ship and the sea breeze, we found it cooler on the cruise than at home.

We were in the middle of hurricane season. A tropical storm brewed up right before we set sail, and we changed course. All pre-booked excursions were void. We were informed of this at Port Canaveral during check-in. The customer services desk was crazy busy. Best advice: be flexible about your itinerary and excursions. (Personal note: we hadn't booked any excursions and did not plan to get off of the ship much.) We did go to Castaway Cay on the last day.

We were on the July 26 Eastern Caribbean last year. On embarkation day, the pool deck was unbearably hot to walk on, but after we set sail, the temperature while on the decks was comfortable, IMO. We went to a beach at St. Maarten and it was hot, of course, but not insanely so. The same with Castaway Cay. I am from NC where we have had near 100 degree temps every day for the past few weeks, so I am used to heat. So overall, I felt that the weather was completely tolerable and I would not let concern over that deter me from going. Now the prices that time of year are another story ....

The temps in the Caribbean stay pretty uniform throughout the year. And, since you're always near the ocean, the breezes are always around, unlike the parks in July and August where you roast to death!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter