Have you had connecting rooms on the Dream?

Neesy228

DIS Veteran
We just booked two connecting rooms for a 3 night on the Dream. Wondering if anyone has any reviews on how this has worked out for your family? We are a family of 5 and debated between the one Family Oceanview w/verandah room or two Deluxe Family Oceanview Staterooms (with the big port hole window) - we opted for two rooms. Good call or bad call?

I'm very new to all of this - it's our first cruise - and have just started reading up, so I apologize if this has been rehashed a million times! Thanks for your opinions! :goodvibes

We had two oceanview rooms with our 17 yr. old boy /girl twins. We kept the door open all the time basically and treated it like a suite. Having 2 baths were a must for us. Plus we could close the door and sleep and they would come in and let us know then go to bed. Only problem was the murphy bed was too small for them and very firm so we would switch beds once everyone was in for the evening.(beds dont split on the dream) ie DD and I would share and DS and DH would share. Not a big deal but would have been nice if murphy bed had worked out. Definitely worth having the 2 baths though!!!!

We had 2 connecting rooms on the Fantasy. There was a strong magnet that allowed you to keep the doors open if you wanted to. We were connected to my in-laws and they said they didn't hear anything in our room (which is good as the boys can get loud), when the doors were closed. We enjoyed having the space and the convenience of going through the connecting doors. It was very convenient if we had wanted to go out when the kids were in bed, it would have been so easy for my in-laws to watch them with the connecting door! Enjoy your rooms!

We did on the Dream and will on the Fantasy soon! It worked out really well.. we had our teen daughters share one cabin, and our son in ours. Having the extra set of bathrooms was very helpful with 5 people! We also had the veranda divider opened between the two cabins, so had a larger space there as well. I don't think our family could do 5 in a single cabin, unless the kids were all really young!
Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter