Have you had any "pixie dust" moments without kids?

No, you do not have to kidnap a kid if you want to have a oddball chance of pixiedust. It happens to all, whether with young kids, big family, small family, adults, solo, all of us.

Do have to say though that I am a firm believer that boards like these (and general attitude) do tend to have people have too high expectations, seems like too often it is no longer seen as a real exception and not something we are entitled to but people are "let down" if it does not happen, repeat and is of big guesture.

I've got sort of 6 trips under my belt, all of them with adults only and 4 of them as a solo (part of them). On each and every trip there were moments of pixiedust. Ranging from fastpasses, to huge fusses being made by castmembers, being given a magical moment, given some favorite caractres plush or alikes just because or because of little snafu's. Have to say that many of them did involve not running around like a mad man, taking time to smell roses and interact. Have been told that my smile and attitude play a role, but who knows if and how big of a factor that does play?

This current trip is a very bad one in many ways and beyond believe amazing in others. I had a stroke in the first week while in my room. CM's on duty were part of a life saving chain. Thanks to them amongst others, next year I will be able to celebrate a 34th and 1th birthday on the same day. Now if that aint pixiedust, what does qualify? The practicle help, emotional support and empathy I ran into as a result of that exceeds by far what you can expect of any company. It made a huge difference for both me being here solo and family back home on the other side of the ocean. No, I was not smoothered in stuff and who cares about that? Actions and words were very much telling and it moved us big time to see the personal involvement. I've moved resorts long since that, yet that caring for, helping out where need be and being there didn't end. It just added another layer. Some park cm's are so amazing they noticed me basically missing and engolved me with more pixiedust. Yes, a part of it consists of material but again it was and is the very personal sentiment behind it means a lot more to me.

It's been a bad trip with literally almost every single day of the 25 bringing a substantial problem, challenge, medical hurdle or whatever. I hate that had to be the case on what should've been a farwell trip (making the trip is becoming a very high price to pay medically). At the same time, it has shown so many amazing things. Not just from a company with a focus on service but on a very personal level from multiple directions. It has humbled me big time and added a whole new set of friends.

My best friend came to visit me while I was on my CP, and after our first park day, we decided we weren't quite done for the night, so we decided to hop a bus to DTD. When we got on, it was the two of us and a few families either without kids or with older/teenage kids. So we couldn't for the life of us figure out why the bus driver played the announcement that we were travelling with a Disney princess. Then we realized- we were still wearing the princess crowns we brought in Epcot that day! We were the princesses! To top it off, when we got off the bus, he bowed and said "Have a good night, Tiana and Belle!" Made our night :goodvibes:

Every. Single. TRIP.

We are a childless (by choice) couple and have yet to experience the World without some PD being tossed our way. Just from out recent trip this past September:

*During MNSSHP, a photopass Cm saw DH teasing me in a teacup before the ride even started. He was spinning it (making me squeal as the spinning really does a number on me). The photog snapped away unbeknownst to us and then handed us a card with a ton of awesome pics of us laughing our heads off during the whole ride.

*Cupcakes at every restaurant we ate at for our anniversary.

*Chosen time and again for audience participation stuff.

On past trips we've gotten:

*MNSSHP chosen as Grand Marshalls of the Boo-to-You parade.

*Given an upgrade from standard view at BC to concierge!

We always get some sort of pixie dust traveling with our daughter, it's truly amazin. This last trip my sister took her for the last few days in her room, so it was just me and my hubby. :love: He took me to California Grill for dinner to celebrate my 40th birthday. We were seated at the window, over-looking the Magic Kingdom. AMAZING view of the fireworks and they had not only decorated our table with confetti, but also delivered a beautiful birthday dessert. :)

I get those moments all the time and I never go with kids. Even got a free cocktail from a certain deluxe resort bar who took one look at my shell shocked face and said "Magic Kingdom?", I nodded. "Too many kids?" I nodded again. "You need this." and gave me a drink. Ended up getting another and some nibbles as well. I always go to that bar now.

We've received room upgrades a few times. Once to Concierge!

I've found that if you make the effort to interact with CMs, characters, performers, etc., the least you get out of it is a fun conversation. Sometimes a bit of pixie dust!

This is SO true! If you are excited and interacting with people, pixie dust/magical things will happen. I think it will happen a lot less frequently if you are not!

We have had great experiences with the Streetmostphere characters and the Main Street characters (the Mayor, Dapper Dans, etc) when we stop to watch the shows and are engaged in what's going on!

DH and I were on the dock at the Poly a few yrs ago, waiting to see Wishes, there was another couple standing next to us. A CM came by and asked if we wanted to get a closer look at the fireworks, apparently someone had cancelled their Wishes cruise at the last moment, the boat was already to go and we said "YES". It was awesome :cheer2:

One of my favorite Disney Moments...

I'm going through the security check at Magic Kingdom (my husband is waiting for me at the gate). This was our only "just the two of us" trip. The kids were just out of high school with new jobs and not able to travel with us.

In the line, there is a young father and small daughter ahead of me. The Dad gives his backpack to the guard to check. Then the little girl (no more than 4 or 5 years old) gave the guard her autograph book. The guard flipped through the pages and as he handed it back to her said "thank you princess"...I think "awww...that is so sweet"

I hand the guard my small purse, he glances in it, hands it back to me and says "Thank you princess"...I giggled and practically skip over to my husband and whisper "he called me princess" : )

Yes, I'm a grown woman...but it is still one of my favorite "Disney stories" to tell.

A few years ago went with wife and her parents. Chosen as grand marshalls in afternoon parade at MK. MIL also pulls sword from stone and receives a giant cookie from Main street Bakery, as a gift, all in same day. We all were so excited and will remember that day forever. 80 y/o FIL leans down from grand marshall car and says to small child. Dreams really do come true. I almost lost it right then and there.

Out of curiosity, does anything happen if you pull the sword out of the stone?

One of my favorite Disney Moments...

I'm going through the security check at Magic Kingdom (my husband is waiting for me at the gate). This was our only "just the two of us" trip. The kids were just out of high school with new jobs and not able to travel with us.

In the line, there is a young father and small daughter ahead of me. The Dad gives his backpack to the guard to check. Then the little girl (no more than 4 or 5 years old) gave the guard her autograph book. The guard flipped through the pages and as he handed it back to her said "thank you princess"...I think "awww...that is so sweet"

I hand the guard my small purse, he glances in it, hands it back to me and says "Thank you princess"...I giggled and practically skip over to my husband and whisper "he called me princess" : )

Yes, I'm a grown woman...but it is still one of my favorite "Disney stories" to tell.

It's amazing how a simple "princess" can instantly turn a grown woman into a little girl!

I was at a conference cocktail event, as my husband's companion. He was deep into work discussions with some other attendees, so I offered to refill his drink for him. When I went over to the bar, the CM said to me, "And what can I do for you, princess?"

I pretty much turned into a giant puddle on the spot. Got the drink and went skipping back to my husband saying gleefully, "He called me PRINCESS!" right in front of all these big important government sector people. :lmao:

It is the lil things that CM's do that make a trip special. I love being called princess. Dh gets picked frequently for various crazy things ie: being a streetosphere's "date", the crazy tie contest they had at WOD one afternoon, the "reaming" he got at WCC. The one I love the most though is the commets he gets from CM's because he carries my backpack 98% of time and has held BFF"s purse on more than one occasion. Deals with us girl's wearing tiaras.

For me it was the dapper dan's singing "let me call you sweetheart" in lobby of Tony's Town Square on our 2nd wedding annv. in front of several of our friends and me bawling my eyes out and laughing at same time.

This last trip I went onto a shop to try to find a gift for each of my grandsons. I couldn't find the size I needed for my baby grandson so went up to the CM to ask. He pulls out pen and paper and I noticed he had an sign language symbol on his name tag so I started to sign to him. We ended up talking for a long time. Pixie dust because I could communicate in the language I prefer and not struggle to lip read. But the pixie dust doesn't end because he sent me to another shop on Main Street that might have it and although they didn't have the exact onsie they did find several in the right size for my grandson.

While celebrating and wearing our Anniversay buttons, we were in American Adventure at Epcot, the CM told us there was a phone call for us. It was Mickey and Minnie wishing us Happy Anniversary.
This year for my birthday, I was wearing the birthday button at the Christmas store in DTD. A CM asked me if I had a little time for some Pixie Dust - of course I did because I love looking at Christmas decorations - and took my button. When she came back, my name was beautifully painted with Mickey heads all around.

I do appreciate adults only groups getting pixie dusted! We've no kids in the family, (by choice), but we love feeling special too! I hope to be there this time next year with my sister who hasn't been in something like 15 years! There needs to be a "hasn't been in a REALLY long time" button, lol.

Since I don't have kids, almost all the pixie dust I've had has been without them involved. We got to be "VIPs" on the Great Movie Ride and skipped a loooooong line and put right in the very front, in the front of the car. We also got chosen to be the very soaked people on the boat in the Backstage Tour. I got a free soda on my birthday, and cupcakes and stuff at table service places.

My goddaughter did get chosen to open up toontown when she was little, dressed in a Tinkerbell-inspired gown my sister made... the lucky little so-and-so. She was seven and got a crown of stickers.

I love this thread! And the stories about being "pixie-dusted" as adults are just so sweet! My sister and I travel together and we've been pixie-dusted many times. The most exciting was being chosen to be Grand Marshalls of the afternoon parade.:cool1: We played our parts as if we were CMs entertaining the crowd..:goodvibes

I agree with a PP about fun conversations with CMs. For us, that's part of the experience and Magic we look for!

Yes! We have no kiddos yet.

-Dh shares a birthday with Mickey Mouse, best thing ever! We went down for 3 nights and got pixie dusted with an upgrade to a Family Suite at ASMu! It was amazing! We hit it off with Diane, the CM checking us in. She let us know they didnt have the quiet king room we requested, but she would see what she could do. Well she upgraded us to the suite! And gave me a rose and dh balloons. It was absolutely amazing.

-on our Disneymoon after Chef's Table at V + A we were hopping the monorail to go back to poly. We were all dolled up. I asked if we could ride in the front and we did (this was literally a week or two before the awful crash that stopped guests from riding up front). Let me tell you I still say this is the best ride in Disneyworld! Soooo cool! AND talk about small world, the conductor was a young guy who knew one of the sous chefs at V+A where we just did Chef's kitchen! We told him to tell his buddy hi, he would definitely remember us.

-this past trip we were eating breakfast at Kouzzina. The chef came out to talk to me about my gluten issue and I ordered the feta, tomato and spinach eggs. Well just a few minutes later he came back with a fresh homemade gluten free mickey waffle!!!!! It was flipping delicious! And he gave us the recipe!

-we got to ride ToT in a car all alone last time

-we got to do Enchanted Storytime with Belle on 10/3 before it was open

I'm blanking now! I'm gonna ask dh and add the rest.

We went to Disney with our little boy, but while he was swimming with dadddy I went to the front desk to ask a few questions about Downtown Disney and the cast member gave me balloons and flowers. I'm not sure why he had them, but I thought it was very sweet of him.

We were chosen to be in the "Celebrate a Dream Come True" parade in 2011. :goodvibes

This year, my husband and I are going by ourselves, so I'm curious if the CM's usually save those moments for people with children. Again, I won't be upset if it doesn't happen, I'm just wondering.

We've definitely had pixie dust moments without children! We had quite a few while we were on our honeymoon (congratulatory desserts, that kind of thing), and then again when we were celebrating our anniversary. The anniversary trip was during YoAMD, and a CM heard me talking on the phone to a friend of mine about Disney (fellow Disney nut) and she gave me the Tinkerbell pins that only CMs were handing out then (the keep one for yourself, give one away pins) - with the "instructions" that I was to send the give away pin to the friend I was talking to (which I did :) ). Also on that trip I got to go into the display kitchen in Goofy's Candy Company and make my own chocolate covered marshmallow stick. We also got a few congratulatory desserts on that trip, and lots of congratulations from the CMs around the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter