Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there are some places (like your hospital) that are getting into a "use it or lose it" Plan B? Some are claiming that they're going to secondary plans rather than allow the thawed/prepared doses to be tossed.

This is part of the logistical challenge of the mass vaccination efforts with a limited supply.

Have you ever wondered why doctor’s offices oversubscribe their appointments? There’s many challenges to having the ideal appointment schedule that most folks don’t see from the patient side. A lot of startups trying to solve the inefficiency but nothing perfect that I’ve seen yet.

This is what exactly what many have been saying about masks. Yet, there are many people unwilling to wear one, and thus CA is in trouble right now.

If people won’t bother to do a simple thing as wearing a mask, I’m sure there’s many that will be unwilling to get a vaccine.

Goes both ways.
As long as I can and my family can get the vaccine then those who choose not to is on them. At least we will be protected, then they cannot infect me :thumbsup2 and I will still wear a mask even after as long as they tell us to.

As long as I can and my family can get the vaccine then those who choose not to is on them. At least we will be protected, then they cannot infect me :thumbsup2 and I will still wear a mask even after as long as they tell us to.

Looks like this is going to be an ongoing misinformation (or misunderstanding). I’ve posted here a couple times already about it.

A vaccine is not designed to prevent you from being infected. It is designed to limit serious disease. You can still get infected just like everyone else, but the disease symptoms should be less severe.

And, just as a reminder, these COVID vaccine clinical trials showed it to not be effective in 1 of every 20 people receiving the vaccine.
Over time (most likely in a long time), hopefully, we will learn what is unique about the 5% of people who these vaccines don’t have an effect.

And there are small studies ongoing to see how effective the current vaccines are against the new variants recently found.

Last edited:
This is what exactly what many have been saying about masks. Yet, there are many people unwilling to wear one, and thus CA is in trouble right now.

If people won’t bother to do a simple thing as wearing a mask, I’m sure there’s many that will be unwilling to get a vaccine.

Goes both ways.
Not sure why there needs to be a "both ways". You make it sound like this is some sort of cosmic justice for all those who refuse to wear masks.

People should be wearing their masks for the greater good. It's pretty simple. It's asking very little. And people should get the vaccine when it's offered (in the absence of a compelling medical contraindication).

Goes both ways.
I honestly wish people would stop going to that argument as if it's all or nothing, either/or. Plus most of the time it's being said to people who have zero issues wearing a mask.

Me, too.
I once avoided a blood test (pregnant, second child...) for 2 weeks because of my very unreasonable fear of needles. But not this one!
Got a flu shot for the first time ever this fall as well.

I got flu, shingles (x2) and pneumonia last fall. Flu this fall. Blood draws very 3 months........I'm ready for this.
Now to just wait.

The director of the assisted living facility where my mom lives in emailed consent forms today. The CEO of the entire community in a separate email today said they will get 14 day notice of when CVS and Walgreens will come to the facility to give vaccines. Nursing unit and assisted living residents will get them first, as they are considered to be in group 1a. The CEO is lobbying for the independent living residents to be included in 1a, but currently they are in with the 1b group with those 75 and over, even though they live in a community that shares staff with the nursing unit and assisted living. Honestly, some of the groups the ACIP group came up are arbitrary, in my opinion. We will see what our governor decides.

Me, too.
I once avoided a blood test (pregnant, second child...) for 2 weeks because of my very unreasonable fear of needles. But not this one!
Got a flu shot for the first time ever this fall as well.

I used to have a fear of needles too. However, that went away when I was pregnant with my first born. They drew so much blood from me that I learned to appreciate it.

Now, that I’m on insulin, I have to inject myself.

Can’t wait until it’s my turn.

I used to have a fear of needles too. However, that went away when I was pregnant with my first born. They drew so much blood from me that I learned to appreciate it.

2 kids, 2 operations, several endoscopy, lots of blood drawn and one biopsy later and I'm still a irrational moron about it! Wish I could change it, jut thinking about it/typing about it gives me cold chills !

My wife had gestational diabetes. The specialty doc (not the obgyn) said it might require insulin if meds didn’t control it, but she never got to that point. However, she had to get used to using a lancet. Man she hated it, especially fingertips are more sensitive. I tested myself a few times in solidarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter