• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you experienced Wonder 2602/2604?

XMom

DIS Veteran
We just booked our spring break cruise for March of 2012 and the last ocean view connecting rooms were 2602/2604. Has anyone ever stayed in these staterooms? I read some of the reports, but they are relatively old.

Thanks in advance!!

We just got off the Wonder. We didn't have those exact rooms, but just down the hall, in 2588/2590. The hallway was pretty quiet, we had no problem with noise, and the rooms are clean & nice. One had the extra drawers, the other, the steamer trunk dresser. We were not disappointed in ours (and had the best Stateroom Host, EVER!! His name was Gusti S., from Bali, Indonesia, and was so nice, helpful, prompt, really went out of his way to make us comfortable. If you get him, you'll be lucky! give him lots of hugs and praise!) :love:

Thanks so much. I forgot about the steamer trunks....I hope we have one. I don't know if they come in the connecting rooms.

We were on the Wonder last year and in cabin 2604...We thought there was a lot of noise above us. It was coming from the Parrot Cay galley...there were always a lot of things being moved around at all times of day and night. Other than that, we always book deck 2, since it is usually so quiet and a great location.

Hi,

I'm not sure if our experience is relevant but we were in those connecting cabins for the 2005 Panama Canal cruise but on the Magic. It was very, very noisey. We heard what seemed like stuff being dragged as well as a loud knocking noise.

I can't recommend that location at all.

We were on the Wonder last week in 2610- rather close to your rooms. We loved the location. Near the aft elevator which gave us easy access to all the restaurants (Parrot Cay and Triton's is just up one flight, Animator's up two, and the drink station and buffet up at 9). We were located under the kitchen and heard very little noise. We did hear a few loud bangs, but it's a ship and you'll hear odd noises from time to time in most cabins anyway. We found the halls mostly quiet, though the ship was crawling with kids (800 of them last week) and occasionally a few would be running down the halls, etc. We also felt a lot less motion than on the upper decks. DW gets sea sick, so the difference was very noticeable to us.

We liked the cabin so much we booked it again for the same cruise next year.

We were on the Wonder last year and in cabin 2604...We thought there was a lot of noise above us. It was coming from the Parrot Cay galley...there were always a lot of things being moved around at all times of day and night. Other than that, we always book deck 2, since it is usually so quiet and a great location.

Hi XMom!

We were in 2606 on the 2/20 cruise and also thought it was very noisy. It took us a few days to figure out where the noise was from. After we did the galley tour, we realized that's what we were hearing.

we too heard banging on deck 2 very near that cabin from the galley but only on one very rocky night.

Hi XMom!

We were in 2606 on the 2/20 cruise and also thought it was very noisy. It took us a few days to figure out where the noise was from. After we did the galley tour, we realized that's what we were hearing.

Hi LKFan!!

They were the only connecting cabins left for our spring break week. Our kids are off the week of March 18th. We had re-booked on the February Cruise and were hoping for an Alaska trip but after pricing it out we decided we would just rather be on the ship and so decided to cruise for the Disney Ship and not the ports. We also were saving almost one thousand dollars by taking the 9B connecting cabins instead of a veranda room. I really like the kids having their own room and having the two bathrooms and two t.v.'s also.

I think I remember you guys mentioning the noise from the teen club down there. Well the good thing is that everyone is a good sleeper and doesn't wake easily...except for me. I never travel without my ear plugs!!

Thanks for the input!!

Our room was far enough away from the Edge so that we didn't hear the tween noise but there were rooms closer to it that were very noisy. What we heard was what other are describing - kind of a banging sound. It wasn't loud enough to keep us awake, and certainly didn't take away from our experience, but if we were to book again, we would choose a different room.

You might check availablity in the next couple of days. With people booking new cruises and changing reservations, you never know if another set of rooms might open up.

We were in 2600 in Feb. We heard no noise from either above us or the hallway. Gusti was our room attendant also and I agree he did a great job. Our room didn't have a steamer trunk, but we still had pleanty of room without it.

Well for now I think we will just sit tight. Our last set of rooms received much worse reviews on the web site. I think noises are different for everyone. We never felt the earthquake like vibrations or the freight train sounds either. Sure we would like to be higher but we prefer two connecting rooms to one veranda. With 3 kids the more room the better. Thanks for all the reviews!!

We were in 2600 in September, and we liked the location. We did hear some banging from the galley in the early mornings, but it wasn't too terrible. We had the extra drawers instead of the steamer trunk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter