Have you experienced the new PI plan?

Nink

Mouseketeer
Has anyone tried the new Pleasure Island plan? How does it work with the alcohol now? Can you leave a club with it and go to another club? Are there still cast members at the entrances to stop the drinks from leaving or coming in?

My DH and I will be there in November and this is a real change.

:earseek:

We have been to PI twice this summer. Not really much of a difference other than the first club you enter, checks your ticket and gives you a wristband. As for the alcohol - you can take it from one club to another (just like always) they just don't allow glass bottles so they have plastic cups for you to pour your beverage into.
The only real difference that I saw was the amount of parents there with their children. Many strollers in the street, etc. I realize that Disney is family oriented, but we saw many adults tripping on the strollers (and not because they were intoxicated). I know I will get "flamed" for complaining about people bringing young children, but we just never considered taking our children in strollers to a party atmosphere and staying until midnight. All that being said - the clubs seemed about the same, just the street that was different!

I was actually at PI on 8/7, and found it to be a really good time. You are able to bring drinks freely from club to club, and if you get there early enough you have no lines to wait in to get into clubs, because you go in a seperate line if you have a wristband on. I have to agree about the strollers and children there. I really do realize that it's a family place in DW, but lets just say flat out the PI is not. It's an attraction for adult nightlife, and quite honestly children don't really have a place there. I don't think the kiddies need to see mommy and daddy doing jello shots at the Beach Club (I think thats what it's called.)

Ugh, this was what I was afraid of. I firmly believe there is nothing wrong with having 1 place in all of WDW that is for adults. And I really am peeved that WDW is trying to say they're doing this to bring excitement and energy to PI (this was in a letter I received that went out to all PI Annual Passholders. They even had the nerve to say they were doing this based on us saying what we wanted. I have no doubt people said they wanted excitement and energy...I don't think kids in strollers is what they had in mind). Luckily I spend most of my time in the clubs and not in the streets.

By the way, to the original poster, there hasn't been any change to the alcohol policy, to my knowledge. You've never been able to take bottles out of the clubs, but they always have cups at the entrance for you to pour them into and then you carry it that way.

Are there still booths and strolling vendors selling cocktails on the street?

Still Booths, but I saw no vendors. They may still be there, and I just didn't see them.

I just keep picturing a vendor getting clipped in the ankles by a stroller, and a tray full of jello shooters going all over the kid....:scared: :crazy2: :faint:

I'm surprised Disney isn't worried about underage drinking? If two 16 year olds go with two 22 year olds and they can bring their drinks outside the clubs, how will Disney control them passing them on to the 16 year olds?

I tend to agree that maybe PI should have been left as an adult place. I appreciate that Disney World is kid/family kinda place, but it was nice to have an adult place to go to too.

I wonder why they made the change? Was PI losing money?

Lisa :earsboy:

Well that could happen now. 18 year olds can get into the clubs on their own, under 18 with a parent or guardian. So the new policy doesn't really affect the posibility of underage drinking one way or the other, excpet that there will be more people there.

They actually are pretty strict at PI with underage drinking. There are alot of CM's and Security walking around outside and also in the Clubs. I'm not sure if it's the wristband or the stamp which indicates that our 21, but they will not hesitate to ask for either if there is any doubt of age. I was actually asked a couple times my last time there, but that's just because I look young. I went to PI when I was 19, and I couldn't get within 10 feet of a drink without a CM or member of the security staff coming near me. I can't blame them, the last thing they need is a lawsuit or something worse that can come from serving minors.

Whew!!!!
I'm so glad that I posted my feelings on the subject. I was certain that I would get many complaints. I'm pretty sure they are trying this out because of Universal's City Walk. In my opinion, there is no comparison of the two. While we enjoy eating at some of the restaurants at City Walk we do not go there for entertainment. I'm hoping that Disney goes back to the "old way" once this test period is over. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Originally posted by WaltD4Me

I tend to agree that maybe PI should have been left as an adult place. I appreciate that Disney World is kid/family kinda place, but it was nice to have an adult place to go to too.

I believe children were always allowed in PI. The only change in policy is there is no cover charge to get into PI. You just pay if you want to go into the clubs. There actually are 2 places in WDW that I know of that are adult only...Jellyrolls & Atlantic Dance Club on the BW. You can try there for a childless night. :D

i'll be in wdw next week and i have an ap for pleasure island. i am ssuming that i can still use it. however, do they still have the special deal of paying for one night admission and you can add 5 more nights for $5? my friend does not have an ap and i was just curious if this deal was still going on with this new system they are testing. i was last there in may prior to the set up and they still offered that ticket. any ideas? thanks.
-jessica

I was also wondering if the Plus Passes are being honored at PI with this new policy. I gave my DS and DIL plus passes as a gift, knowing they would enjoy PI now I wonder if the plus for PI is worthless. :(

I haven't read or seen anything that says the plus cannot be used at PI. Now it's monetary value has just dropped, and that means that you may have overpaid for those plusses (of course they can be used at a water park if concerned about really getting your moneys worth). WDW would have nothing to gain by not allowing you to use the plusses at PI. Not only that, they'd have a lot to lose because they'd have a lot of ticked off people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter