Have you ever?

Yes.

Brown Derby for my 40th bday. I wanted the grapefruit cake (didn't know I could get it at starring rolls).
It was an early lunch adr. The waiter was wonderful. I had heard servers can be snippy if they know you aren't eating a full meal (because of the tip size then). But he was gracious, attentive and even brought me a bday card signed by the staff and another piece of cake for my bday. (it was chocolate not the grapefruit).

I felt like a kid, 2 pieces of cake for lunch!!! :rotfl2:

Do you think if I call to make the ADR they can note on the ressie that it is just for dessert? The whole attitude thing is what I was concerned about.

When I made my adr we noted it on the ressie, it was just for dessert. So they knew ahead of time.

Personally I don't think the attitude is the norm, but it has been reported on the boards....I take it with a grain of salt.

Most servers know that if they have attitude that affects their tip as well.
Basically WDW restaurants are just like any other restaurant in the USA. Would you eat just dessert at a local place? I do and never had an issue.

Seriously I wouldn't worry about it. Schedule it, note it if you want and enjoy it. And IF during the dessert you detect attitude tell the manager. You are a paying customer like anyone else.

Go have fun. ;)

I was wondering this myself. I've decided I NEED to try the zeppole at Via Napoli, it's not a question of want anymore, it's a need. I might possibly burst into flame if I don't get them. I was thinking of just going and asking about bar seating, assuming they have it, and ordering them.

I was wondering this myself. I've decided I NEED to try the zeppole at Via Napoli, it's not a question of want anymore, it's a need. I might possibly burst into flame if I don't get them. I was thinking of just going and asking about bar seating, assuming they have it, and ordering them.

OMG You have to try this dessert! :love: I am not a real dessert girl and I ate 4 of them after I had a piece of pizza and some of DH veal parm. Gonna be in WDW in 5 days and we are gonna try to walk in some afternoon just for the Zeppole. I am not sure I saw a bar.

Thanks for the reponses. My kids want to check out Coral Reef ( for the fish...not the food) but don't have any more room for meals. So I figured dessert would be a great way for them to see the restaurant.

Thanks for the reponses. My kids want to check out Coral Reef ( for the fish...not the food) but don't have any more room for meals. So I figured dessert would be a great way for them to see the restaurant.

It is a very good idea, however if they don't have any adrs for "meals" you won't be able to make a ressie "just for dessert". They don't hold back adrs for this.
You make the adr just as anyone would to eat there. It doesn't matter what you are eating, what matters is if they have tables and capacity.

So you need just a reg adr to eat just dessert. If they don't have any now, keep trying things turn up and people cancel.
But don't set your hopes on just being able to schedule dessert if the place is booked.

Good luck!

I got my ressie...we are going celebrate DH's bday with lunch at Le Chef's and dessert at Coral Reef that night. I am finding it very easy to get reservations at any retaurant for the week we are traveling. It is supposed to be a very busy week....but no free dining being offered...wonder how busy the TS restaurants will be:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter