Have you ever....

jsweeks@cogeco.ca

<font color=teal>Can you swim in the ocean?<br><fo
Have you ever ordered from Disneyshopping.com and had it shipped to the resort you will be staying at? I was thinking of ordering to have it there when we arrive. Let me know if you have and if you had any problems. :thumbsup2

Did it at Christmas. No problems.
Included reservation name and arrival date in one of the address lines.
It was great got better prices. Spent less time in the stores more time doing other things.

We did this in January when we stayed at POR. Ordered one week before our arrival date, and it was waiting for us when we checked in. Didn't even have to ask for the package (the CM said "oh, and I see we have a package for you as well!" before I even had a chance to mention it).

To be sure it didn't go astray, I put my name, reservation # & check in date in the shipping info as well as the name and address of the resort.

Worked like a charm and I wouldn't hesitate to do so again. Saved me a bundle on the shipping and duty fees.

Did it this past August. No problems at all and my box wieghed 31lbs!!!:rotfl:

That is great to know that can do this. :cool1: Can you book now for a April trip? Is there a time frame that you have to work with? :confused3 They have so many things that go on sale, I would love to take advantage of the deals. :woohoo:

DisneyShopping constantly has sales, granted not as good now as in the past, but still decent. Current DMR code for 15% off the regular (not outlet) goods is DMRFEB - just in case anyone needs it!

In terms of shipping to the Disney Resorts, be aware they do not like holding packages more than 20 days out. Just make sure you have the package addressed with the name of the guest on the reservation, the reservation number and if possible your stay dates (from-to). It will then be logged into the system, thus the reason they tell you on check in a package is being held :thumbsup2

so when you order online .. you just use your canadian CC... but with the resort address and everything is good?????

i know some sites have to have your mailing address to match your CC address.... but it wont be in this case....

so when you order online .. you just use your canadian CC... but with the resort address and everything is good?????

i know some sites have to have your mailing address to match your CC address.... but it wont be in this case....

Correct.;)

We did this and had no problems!!

At the time there was even a FREE SHIPPING code for the US< so we saved a LOT of money!! I did a ton of souvenier shopping!!

This year we are doing it again, and I am using my Swagbucks to get free gift cards (I already have 1 $25 gift card), so I am hoping to get some souvenier shopping done for FREE!!! (PM me if you want a referral to Swagbucks).

I also used Donatalies DISigns and made a note from Aurora to DD saying that she had picked some items out for DD. The note also said she found some thing Aurora thought DD's cousins would like (hence the souvenier shopping). DD believes Aurora bought her those items and loves it!! (And so do her cousins). The box was in our room when we arrived and I slipped the note on it before DD saw it.

I cannot wait to do this again!!

Amy

I've done it twice...in March and in September of 2008 and it worked like magic! It was fun to have a surprise when we arrived, although not as much of a surprise the second time...and I got some great deals too!

Yep, we did this also and it worked out beautifully.

Ordered about ten days before we left and the package was waiting for us on arrival. You get all the shipment trfacking info so you know exactly when it gets to Disney.

Don't forget that you have to mark your arrival date on the package. I did this by enetering it in on the address when I put that in on Disney Shopping.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2 This makes me so excited to shop too bad I have to wait another 6 weeks to do it!:sad1:

we ordered a bunch of stuff cheap, and also had an order from LLBean waiting for us...but we did it a few weeks in advance. When we checked in (CBR), they couldn't find our package, said it hadn't arrived. We had to track-back with the shipper and confirm "someone here signed for it on x date...". It took a couple of days, but it was there. And yeah, it saved us a bundle, as well as having little "surprises" waiting that we didn't have to pay resort prices for...I was glad, however, we had all the shipping info with us so we could track back.

It's a great idea, and we do it now whenever we go to the US. Had birthday presents waiting for ds last summer when we visited friends in NC...got better selection/price, and didn't have to carry them down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter