Have you ever sold on Craigslist?

LoveMickeyWaffles

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering if anyone has any experience selling things on Craiglist?
I sell stuff on ebay often, but thought I may give this a try instead.

I have a Special Needs stroller that I am wanting to sell, but on Craigslist it will only let you list an item in one category. After a long day, my brain just isn't working :confused3 and I can't figure out if I should list it under the Kids sections or under Health and Beauty????????????? Thoughts???

I'd post it under kids and baby.
You can post a second time, but change the way you have it worded in the description (no cut and paste), different headline, and use a different picture for the 2nd post in health. Or make a 2nd account and do it that way. (just need an email).

make sure you use a "throwaway" email whichever way you do it; you will get a lot of spam and weirdos, even though you can link it to an anonymous email. Everytime I post a sale, I get double spam for about 3 months.:surfweb:

I sell stuff on there occasionally. I get a lot of "lower the price" (nope, I'll just wait until someone wants to buy it for my price, thanks); "I'm coming to get it" and never shows; "send me more information" (all the info is in the ad, read it, kay?); "will you ship/take check/meet me in Orlando/etc" (no no no--I dont' even respond to those)... it can be a bit frustrating sometimes.

DS sold all his Little Peoples and Weebles, and made enough to buy a DSi, 2 games and a Nerf case for it. We still haven't sold the Mr Potato Head pieces, but I'm not dropping the price ($60 for a large black trash bag FULL of pieces, including bodies, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, pieces from DL/WDW, etc). It'll sell eventually.

you can also try ebay free classifieds...be prepared for alot of no shows, and low offers, I have heard the excuses transmission went out on the way, tonights was their ignition locked up, or they make appointments and don't show, but I have sold several things on both craigslist and ebay free so give it a try

I had alot of special needs equipment I sold on craigslist when my mother passed away(she was paralyzed). I think I listed it under general. The thing is when I listed it I started getting contacts from diabilities sites letting me know that I could also list it there. I can not find any of those sites now but I would atleast try listing it on craigslist and see what happens.

I'd list it under kids. I know I was looking for a higher weight limit stroller for dd last year, and over the course of several weeks saw at least 2 special needs strollers.

Thanks for the input!!!
I listed it on Craigslist in the childrens section. I think I'll give it a few weeks and see what happens. If nothing, maybe I'll try listing it under 'general'.
Thanks again!!

I've never sold on craigslist, but I did buy a powerchair off it once.

I can tell you that I never looked through categories, just searched for 'wheelchair' in the listings, so as long as you have keywords like that in it, people will probably be able to find you no problems :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter