Have you ever shipped anything to WDW??

kritter

<font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon
Wondering if you have ever shipped and thing to your resort at WDW??
I was thinking of shipping some juice boxes and maybe a bottle of wine to the resort??Any thoughts??

Yes, I shipped a box last year with snacks, water, the basic essentials to keep my kids happy. It arrived a couple of days before we did. They stored it, and brought it to our room with our luggage. I just told them I had sent a package ahead of time at check in. If you do send one, make sure you have your name and confirmation # on at least 2-3 sides of your box so it will be easy to spot in holding.

Thanks did you ship liquid??

Also how did you get the resorts address????

What about water from Staples.com?????

I learned the hard way that UPS does NOT deliver on Saturday!! I shipped Halloween costumes in advance a few years ago... and they arrived in Orlando's UPS office on Friday morning, but didn't get delivered to POFQ that day. After NUMEROUS phone calls to find the package, they did... and said... we'll have it to you on Monday. Great... Halloween night was Sunday that year! :sad2: They will not deliver on Saturday... no matter what... at least they didn't 20 months ago!

I ALWAYS ship a box of food,snacks, gifts,etc. One year I even shipped easter baskets since we were there over Easter(never again!) Such an incredible savings. I have never shipped liquid, that might be a little scary and heavy=expensive. It was very simple, Disney was very helpful.
To be honest, my DH owns and operates 2 grocery stores, so it is painful to buy things anywhere else. (not gonna happen) Hope this helps.
By the way, you are from the twin/multiples mama thread. Good to see you again. I am not very good about posting on a regular basis.
Your girls are beautiful. I didn't have the nerve to take my twins until they were 6 (they could tie their shoes!!!) Good luck and enjoy!

You can find the resorts' addresses here. Just click on the link to whichever resort you'll be staying at.

I've sent a package once. I printed the mailing label onlinehad and had UPS pick it up at my house. They have a calculator to determine how long it should take your package to arrive at its destination. I gave it a couple of extra days to allow for delays.

I would suggest that you mark your box on all 4 sides and the top with your name, arrival date and confirmation number. This will make it easier for a CM to find no matter how it is situated in the storage room.

kritter ..from one mom of twins to another.. DO IT DO It. i shipped 2 boxes down a month ago and thanked my lucky star every time i used the stuff out if the boxes. i had juice boxes , microwaveable mac and cheese, 2 boxes of cereal, pop corn, fruit bars,,etc ( you got the picture) i shipped ups and called them 2 weeks b4 and asked what day should i mail them. quick and easy and i too called ahead and told front desk about the boxes and they came with my luggage to the room.

I ALWAYS ship a box of food,snacks, gifts,etc. One year I even shipped easter baskets since we were there over Easter(never again!) Such an incredible savings. I have never shipped liquid, that might be a little scary and heavy=expensive. It was very simple, Disney was very helpful.
To be honest, my DH owns and operates 2 grocery stores, so it is painful to buy things anywhere else. (not gonna happen) Hope this helps.
By the way, you are from the twin/multiples mama thread. Good to see you again. I am not very good about posting on a regular basis.
Your girls are beautiful. I didn't have the nerve to take my twins until they were 6 (they could tie their shoes!!!) Good luck and enjoy!

Good to see you again..Please stop by and say hello on our twin thread really soon we miss you...!!!!!

kritter ..from one mom of twins to another.. DO IT DO It. i shipped 2 boxes down a month ago and thanked my lucky star every time i used the stuff out if the boxes. i had juice boxes , microwaveable mac and cheese, 2 boxes of cereal, pop corn, fruit bars,,etc ( you got the picture) i shipped ups and called them 2 weeks b4 and asked what day should i mail them. quick and easy and i too called ahead and told front desk about the boxes and they came with my luggage to the room.

Oh gosh I had better get going we just booked today for a quick trip for Star Wars weekend. We arrive on the 9th of June when should I ship this week???

Help!!!!!!!!!

Yep we shipped down a box last year. We included Little swimmers. diapers, wipes, snacks, beach towels, and sunscreen among other things.

We hipped it about a week before to make sure it arrived. They held it for us at the front desk.

My shipping experience did not go as smoothly as others. I ordered two cases of water from staples to be delivered at Poly. The day we checked in the room they had offered us was on the first floor. I asked if I could have a third floor room as I had requested originally. They switched our room right there at the desk. I inquired about the shipment and was told that it would come with the luggage. We left our carryons in the room and went to the parks. Came back to the room to find our luggage but no water. Called the front desk and they had no record of it and was told to call Staples. After three days of paying for water it was determined by the staff that the water was delivered to the original room. Funny thing was I did ask about that the first night and was told no that was not possible. On the fourth (out of 7) day, the resort delivered 3 12 packs of dasani water. There was no way we could drink all that water and ended up giving most of it away.

I would still give it a try next time. It seems like it does work well for most people.

Jen :goodvibes

I shipped down 2 boxes of snacks on 5/23. They are scheduled to arrive on 5/29. We check in 5/30. We do this all the time. I shipped water from Costco. It arrived there on 5/25. It really is so much easier. I used to ship all of our luggage too, but magical express made it so easy to take it on the plane(as long as it doesn't get lost). It really helped at the airport with the kids and strollers and car seats when they were little.
Good luck!!

Anyone else ship water from Staples??

Sorry to hear your experience was not good with shipping....!!!!!

I had water shipped from staples this year 7 it wasgreat On another note I mailed some toiletries, a bottle of liquor, towels, shoes etc the box was opened! The liquor was gona as well as all of the sunscreen. The box was insure bu I needed receipts to get $ back from the USPS. I'll probably try again when we go in Sept but I won't uses USPS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter