Have you ever seen this situation on Mission: Space?

centurythree

DIS Veteran
Have you ever heard someone in the Orange Team queue making fun of the people in the Green Team queue? Just curious as to how often that happens.

Have you ever heard someone in the Orange Team queue making fun of the people in the Green Team queue? Just curious as to how often that happens.

I'd say it could easily happen between family members and other groups of friends.

Some folks tend to kid each other about that kind of thing.

I've never heard it, personally.

I haven't heard it, but wouldn't doubt that it could happen. Years ago while waiting in line for ToT, there was a family that decided not to go on right before it was their turn, and went in the 'chicken elevator', a few people in the line laughed at it, and some one spoke very loudly saying 'chickens'...pretty sad actually. I can understand family/friends joking around with each other, but never strangers doing that...it is just terrible. You don't know the reason why they went on the easier one, either medical or emotional, so just leave them alone!! Just my two cents!

Well, as a person who loves the thrill rides but physically cannot do them anymore (well, I could but then there would be one less DIS member), it does sting when someone says I'm "chicken". That's why I don't like the designation of a "chicken exit".

So, if someone would kid me about it or call me a chicken, I'd probably say something back to them. Not in a mean way because it is all in good fun but there are certain times when you just don't know why a person is doing what they are doing.

We didn't see it happening. We are green riders all the way! No spinning here thanks. If someone were to tease me I would probably kick them and tell them to stop ruining other people's disney magical time.

Well, as a person who loves the thrill rides but physically cannot do them anymore (well, I could but then there would be one less DIS member), it does sting when someone says I'm "chicken". That's why I don't like the designation of a "chicken exit".

So, if someone would kid me about it or call me a chicken, I'd probably say something back to them. Not in a mean way because it is all in good fun but there are certain times when you just don't know why a person is doing what they are doing.
I called my SIL a chicken, whimp and scaredy cat a number of times on our last WDW trip. I mean, come on, she thought Soarin' was scary! lol!!!(Please know we are close enough to call each other names and kidd around. I would never say that to perfect strangers!)

Never have seen that and hope to say I never do, I would get pretty upset. I'm a thrill ride junkie, but due to medical reasons I cannot ride orange side. Would love to, but it's a risk I'm not willing to take.

I picked on my DS9 because he chickened out right when we were getting ready to load for Space Mountain. It was more of a picking to put him at ease though - a CM took him to the unload area for me. He had ridden it before so I don't know what the deal was this time. I opted to not allow my children to go on Mission Space; if its a ride I would not go on then they need to wait until they are older to decide to go on it or not.

I saw it happening something fierce though last week while we were there and it was mainly in families not outsiders and the teen groups traveling together.

I've never seen it in Mission Space and agree it would be inappropriate. However, part of the "gag" in ToT is the CM taunting the group about how they're about to die, so I can see some people within that spirit talking to strangers in the same "come on, don't you want to die?" tone. Not exactly appropriate, but not out of the blue, either. That said, I've never actually seen anybody chicken out at ToT. A LOT of within-the-family/group teasing of somebody who doesn't really want to but is doing it anyway, though.

We always ride MS Green and it is one of DD's favorites so I have rode it several times. I have never heard anybody on the other side making fun of the people in the green line. I think that would be sort of mean especially to people you did not know. However, it wouldn't bother me I am on vacation to have a good time and do what is fun to me, I really wouldn't care what someone I did not know said or thought. If it seemed to be done in good fun I would laugh at it if it was mean sprited I would just ignore it. MS orange is one ride I have always been scared of I guess because of all the horror stories bout people getting really sick on it so even though I know green is non-spinning and orange is spinning I double check with the CM as we get in line that we are getting on the easy side, I always laugh about that and the CM usually does too.

I've never seen it, at least not for Mission:Space. I think it's because a few people died on this ride and it got a lot of publicity. I ride both versions and I am glad they have the green side. My dad will be with me next trip and he had a heart attack about 20 years ago. He loves anything to do with space travel and I think he'd be very disappointed if he couldn't ride Mission Space.

I usually go with my sister and she is not a thrill ride person, although she'll do Splash Mountain. I never pressure her to go on stuff and I don't make fun of her either(at least not about rides)..so it goes without saying I wouldn't make fun of a stranger for opting out.

I know green is non-spinning and orange is spinning I double check with the CM as we get in line that we are getting on the easy side, I always laugh about that and the CM usually does too.

This is so funny, because I will only go on MS with my friend who works there, because I am so afraid of accidentally getting on the orange side. I always ask them over and over to make sure I am in one of the 2 green bays when we get loaded on the ride. They just laugh at me.

Oh come on lighten up, people in general don't say things to be mean they are just having a laugh, laugh along with them. I wouldn't say anything to a stranger in a line as I would be too shy but if someone was giving me a bit of beans for taking the chicken line I would be laughing about it. Even if the reason I wasn't riding was because I was scared but due to illness or something IS it really something to get het up about focus on much more important things than a bit of friendly ribbing.

Kirsten

We have seen family members/friends kidding with each other but haven't seen anyone pick on strangers just for being one line or the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter