• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever seen anyone

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
Try to get in second park the same day without a park hopper? Just wondering if people actually try it, and how CM's handle it.

I think that you can, but it will take a second day off your admission - which would suck! :scared1:

I think that you can, but it will take a second day off your admission - which would suck! :scared1:

It definately does not do that. It will say something like crossover not permitted and the CM will direct you to the ticket office to upgrade to hoppers. It does happen and not all guests are nice about it.

DIS vets say "No way, Jose, this can't happen!"

In my mind I imagine a red police like cherry going off, with a loud alarm, and a booming voice repeating over and over "ACCESS DENIED. ACCESS DENIED" while everyone stares, kids cover their ears, and CMs roll their eyes. Buuuuuuuuut....

This probably isn't what happens. :sad1:

Yes, I saw this at Hollywood Studios. The cm simply told them they had already used the ticket at another park that day and they would not be able to enter. They turned around and left.

Try to get in second park the same day without a park hopper? Just wondering if people actually try it, and how CM's handle it.

You cannot. The entrance turnstile will indicate that the ticket was used to enter a different park earlier in the day, and you will be denied entry. Then you are flogged.

NO,that's not the way the tickets work,your tickets are days,not admissions.The only way to do more than one park per day is to have the hopper option on your tickets or have an AP.There's about 300 people yearly on these boards who ask a variation of this question such as if they can use their 5th day of their 5 day MYW ticket on one day to hop since they're only going to be at the parks 4 days ,making this the most frequently asked question for sure.

No can do. On the legacy turnstile and on the screen of the ipod touch for the touch-point entry it will come up to the CM as "CROSSOVER DENIED". At that time we ask the guest if they have been to another park already and almost always (some still try to say no so on the legacy turnstile we press a series of keys on the pad that tells us and them when they used the ticket, what park and what time) they will say yes. At that time we tell them that they can only return to that park or they will need to go to Guest Services and add the hopper option to their tickets.

Ticket only works on the business day and will NOT take a second day off, hence, when you buy the ticket it is "one park per day".

I see it all the time. Usually it is called to my attention because the guests are confused and angry. It ties the line up while they argue the "just take a second day off" route - OR they don't speak English.

I bet it happens all the time. Given how many people that ask this question and there are tons that figure this out and don't ask. What a mess.

This is actually the most asked question in this forum. Here is my stock response.

A base ticket is one major (theme) park per day. You are allowed to re-enter the same park if you leave it on one day, but it can only be used at the one park.

Note that the ticket may state on it either "Not Valid For Park Hopping" or "One Theme Park Per Day". That should be a hint.

If you put the ticket in the turnstile of another park the display on the Guest side of the turnstile will be "ACCESS DENIED". The top line of the display on the Greeter side will give information about the ticket, and the second line of the display will say "CROSSOVER NOT PERMITTED". The turnstile will not unlock.

This is because Disney charges $10.00 per day over five days on a ticket, but charges $57 to allow hopping. It does not make economic sense for Disney to allow this.

If you actually have multiple tickets (more than one physical ticket per person) as opposed to multiple day tickets, you can use these tickets for multiple entries. But it makes absolutely no economic sense as a separate ticket costs a lot more than adding hopping to a ticket.

Or, as I have occasionally told Guests who were arguing with me about using a different day on the ticket: (note day of week stated can vary)

The turnstile computer thinks today is Friday. The turnstile computer at the other park also thinks today is Friday. The two turnstile computers talk to each other. If you can convince this turnstile computer that today is not the same Friday as the other computer thinks, it will let you in.

The cost to add hopping (or WPF&M) is $57 ($60.71 including tax) per ticket. It does not matter if it is adult or child, two days or ten days, first day of use or last day of use, the price is the same. (For a Florida Resident it is $28.50 plus tax.) (Note to add hopping to a one day ticket is $35 ($37.28 including tax).)

So if you are not sure, don't order them. If you find you do need them, then upgrade your tickets at any ticket window or Guest Relations Office. It only takes a minute or so.

Thanks so much for the info...I learned something new today:grouphug:

It nice to know you can upgrade to a hopper anytime.

We always get hoppers; problem avoided. I have never been behind anyone that has tried this though. And I'm glad . . .

You cannot. The entrance turnstile will indicate that the ticket was used to enter a different park earlier in the day, and you will be denied entry. Then you are flogged.

I wonder if flogging can be instituted for other infractions. ;)

And I bet 99% of the time it's someone trying to get something for nothing. The other 1% either don't understand and make an honest mistake or someone lied to them.

I was just guessing - I have never NOT had the Hopper option on my ticket, so it hasn't ever come up for me.

We have seen this happen a few times. Usually the CM comes over and speaks to the family. Almost every single time we have seen it, the guests become irate and that's when either another CM/Supervisor comes over to speak to them or the guest/s are taken to Guest Relations or Ticketing. At this point, I don't know what happened since we were headed into the parks ourselves. Once we saw the same family in the park that day so either they ended up purchasing hoppers or were given "comp" entry for that day, I don't know. :)

I do think some people genuinely don't understand. I've seen countless posts from people on the Dis asking if they can simply use an extra days admission to gain entry into 2 parks a day instead of hoppers. I also know of other theme parks where you can so I can see it might be confusing to people.

We have AP's but we would NEVER visit the parks without hoppers, knowing how we tour through the parks. We usually end up hopping 60%-70% of the time so it works for us (we only visit evening EMH and always end up at the park with the latest closing time, even when we've spent the day at another park)

I remember the first time I went as an adult in 2009 having this discussion with the Disney agent on the phone. I just thought I'd get a 10 day pass and we could visit more than one park on a few days - ha ha! The agent on the phone explained to me about the park hopper being the only way to visit more than one park in a day. I'm so glad we bought the tickets ahead of time and not at the park. That would have been pretty embarrassing!

Just wondering if this is calendar days (ie, what if you enter somewhere after midnight...does it start a new day?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter