Have you ever planned a trip in 39 days on a total impulse? Same! Aug 14 PTR-NEW8/3

Other than that the main things I have been doing are:
  • Obsessively checking SW for airfare price drops with the hopes of a credit
  • Obsessively checking for a Wishes Dessert reservation to open up
  • Obsessively trying to decide on one (or maybe two…) extra surprises for the trip….wish I could say more but Olivia might be reading this and I am hoping to keep it a surprise. IF it happens!
  • Obsessively freaking out that my Magical Express tags aren’t here. I email Davids DVC and they said they are ordered so I will just continue to wait by the mailbox.

I like your countdown! If it wasn't just adults going, I'd make one just for fun for our trip. As it in now, pretty much every other day my mom and I text and say "100 days until Disney! 99 Days until Disney!!!!"

I need to start checking SW to see if anything drops, but it's only gone up since I booked!

We did the Wishes Dessert party a few trips ago and we REALLY liked it. Nothing like sitting and watching the whole show from the comfort of a tiramasu. :haha: We talked a little about doing it this trip, but we have so much else going on. Although a nice relaxing view of Wishes would be nice.... Hm, ok, maybe I WILL look into it again. Nothing like deciding these types of things last minute!

You'll get your ME tags soon! Here's some help on that one: pixiedust: A little pixie dust!

I like your countdown! If it wasn't just adults going, I'd make one just for fun for our trip. As it in now, pretty much every other day my mom and I text and say "100 days until Disney! 99 Days until Disney!!!!"

I need to start checking SW to see if anything drops, but it's only gone up since I booked!

We did the Wishes Dessert party a few trips ago and we REALLY liked it. Nothing like sitting and watching the whole show from the comfort of a tiramasu. :haha: We talked a little about doing it this trip, but we have so much else going on. Although a nice relaxing view of Wishes would be nice.... Hm, ok, maybe I WILL look into it again. Nothing like deciding these types of things last minute!

You'll get your ME tags soon! Here's some help on that one: pixiedust: A little pixie dust!

Yes, having kids is often my excuse for the things I do. Not sure that either of them really care about my countdown but I at least have them to "blame" it on should someone from the outside see it! ;)

Yeah...I don't really think my SW air is going to drop but seeing it go up is satisfying in some ways too! Confirms I got a pretty good deal.

So we have never really watched Wishes and that is one reason I would love to have the dessert party. It would force us to slow down and enjoy the show.

Thanks for the pixie dust!!

2 more weeks until we are home!!

Yesterday I completed our online check in! I have always been in the camp of NOT doing online check in because I believe pixie dust is on your side for magical upgrades when checking in upon arrival BUT at SSR the room types are pretty set so I figure an upgrade isn’t happening and I wanted to be certain my requests were in (Upper floor, Congress Park).
PLUS since we aren’t arriving to the resort until at least 5pm so anything I can do to speed up check in and get us over the MK will be helpful!!

Sewing projects are slow moving but I did cut the back and front panels for my Wall-E and Bambi skirts! Yay! It’s a start.

Constant checking for a Wishes Dessert Party OR a Pirate and Pals Wishes cruise opening is still a nearly daily occurrence. No luck so far.

I have been going back and forth about adding La Nouba or Hoop Dee Doo for our evening after AK but for the time being I am not going to add them. I think having one earlier night might be smart PLUS I do like just walking around DTD at night so we may just want to do that. Hmmm…

No DME tags yet but I have gotten 2 solicitations this week from DVC to attend an information session while we are there. Dying over this one...."Disney or Bust" :goodvibes

I love reading about your planning! I did a trip planned in less than 2 weeks once, but we didn't put nearly as much thought into it as you're doing!

I love everything you're making, it all looks so great.

I can't wait to see/hear more!

Whoa, two weeks away! That is so soon! I can't believe you've done your online checkin already! I guess the trip comes up pretty soon when you book closer to it, but it seems like the time is passing so fast. We're still around 70 days away; it seems like a lifetime instead of just 10 weeks or so!

Sorry to hear you haven't had luck yet on the Wishes dessert party. If you're willing, I'd keep checking up until the night before. People may cancel!

I agree with you that you may just want some down time instead of a show. I'm struggling with down time right now. It just depends on whether your family will recharge at a show. Walking around DTD can be as tiring as a park...

Love your fabric. So cute!

I love reading about your planning! I did a trip planned in less than 2 weeks once, but we didn't put nearly as much thought into it as you're doing!

I love everything you're making, it all looks so great.

I can't wait to see/hear more!

Thank you for reading!! I would say this amount of time has been pretty good although I always prefer to plan in the winter since there isn't as much going on. Yesterday it was 75 and sunny...just beautiful out and I had to force myself into the basement to work on my sewing. I feel like I am missing out on summer a little bit. Of course...its all worth it.

Whoa, two weeks away! That is so soon! I can't believe you've done your online checkin already! I guess the trip comes up pretty soon when you book closer to it, but it seems like the time is passing so fast. We're still around 70 days away; it seems like a lifetime instead of just 10 weeks or so!

Sorry to hear you haven't had luck yet on the Wishes dessert party. If you're willing, I'd keep checking up until the night before. People may cancel!

I agree with you that you may just want some down time instead of a show. I'm struggling with down time right now. It just depends on whether your family will recharge at a show. Walking around DTD can be as tiring as a park...

Love your fabric. So cute!

I know its getting crazy close!! So excited but getting close enough now that I am starting to feel sad that it is almost over. Weird I know. Plus I haven't yet canceled our Oct trip but I think I am going to so I don't have that to look forward to. We may go visit my sister in TX during that time. We might take a short carnival cruise out of Galveston to experience a cruise and see if a Disney cruise is something we might want to look at. I don't "relax" easy so I am curious if a cruise would work. This way we can try it out without spending a million dollars!

Yes I keep checking the Wishes party availability daily. Its pretty easy to do since I can check online but the Pirate and Pals cruise I have to call so that is more difficult.

Still contemplating that "free" AK night (this is the night I am holding a 1900PF ADR that I mentioned in your PTR). Relax, experience something new or go with something we know we enjoy! AcK! Can't decide!

Whoa you are so close!!!

Just some random comments:

You should totally do the TOT race!! This will be my 3rd year running it and I love it. The first year had some kinks and it was super humid, but last year's was sooo much fun! It has the best after party too, come on, villains?!

If you have any questions over the TOT race please ask me! Also, in 2015 we'll be trying for the coast to coast medal. The Star Wars race in January at DL (since Star Wars is my fav), then the wine and dine in November at WDW.

Whoa you are so close!!!

Just some random comments:

You should totally do the TOT race!! This will be my 3rd year running it and I love it. The first year had some kinks and it was super humid, but last year's was sooo much fun! It has the best after party too, come on, villains?!

If you have any questions over the TOT race please ask me! Also, in 2015 we'll be trying for the coast to coast medal. The Star Wars race in January at DL (since Star Wars is my fav), then the wine and dine in November at WDW.

Thanks for stopping by, Rachel! I know it is getting sooo close! :yay:

I didn't know you had run the TOT race more than once. I believe at one time I read your report but didn't know you went back for more! So you are going in Oct and then to DL in Jan? Nice! :worship:

Yes I am really planning on it for 2015. It is a bit of a bummer that I let this other group get me off track from the race I wanted to do. I agreed to the Princess half because that was the race they were planning to do then I got left with nothing since it is too late to register for TOT. Live and learn I guess. This time I am planning the trip I want to do and will do it with or without others! (actually Aaron would probably go with me but he won't run the race.).

What's going on with you and the Villains party in August? Are you going?

Yay! Yesterday our DME tags came…actually 2 envelopes came on the same day. 1 with our original 4 tags and then a second envelope with 4 more tags that had the extra tags we “requested.” Which we didn’t request but I am assuming that when I email David’s DVC inquiring about my tags they ordered me more. So while I do tend to over pack I am pretty sure 8 checked bags for a 5 night trip would be excessive! Happy to have them though!

A new item that I wasn’t considering before has me wondering what to do. Memory Maker. Ugh! I wasn’t planning to do it since it is a shorter trip and we often have the PP photographer take pictures with our camera anyways….but there are the ride photos and magic shots that are so great to have. So I am totally on the fence but need to decide so I can get the presale price. Here are a few of my favorite Memory Maker pictures from May:

Our acting was so good in this one that guy stopped to see what we were pointing at!! :rotfl:

I’ve made a few FP+ changes including: swapping out Festival of the Lion King for Kali River Rapids. I am NOT a fan of water rides but Aaron and I have never done this one so it might be time. I fully plan to wear a poncho.

I also added a Mama Melrose lunch ADR for our DHS day. We really don’t love any of the dining (TS or CS) at DHS but wanted something. At one point I had thought we might walk (or boat) over to the Boardwalk area for food but with all the Frozen stuff at DHS I feel like our day will be too busy for that!

We went to Nordstrom Rack this week to get Lucy a pair of Toms for the trip and came home with these black ones.

It wasn’t our original intent but after thinking about it we think it could be pretty cool to get a white/silver sharpie and have the characters autograph them. Of course if she does them she won’t have them to wear and will be wearing her trashed old ones. Hmmmm… (oh and I am not gonna lie, I am thinking about getting a pair for myself for autographs too!).

Finally….while grabbing a few things at JoAnn I saw these amazing new Disney fabrics. I had to buy them (and there were a few more that I didn’t!!). So now in 12 days I have 4 skirts for myself and either one or two for Lucy. Plan on finishing my first two (Wall-E and Bambi) tomorrow. SOOOO excited about these. Dying over the dwarfs fabric!

Ha that's hilarious you got so many MDE vouchers!

That picture where the random guy is looking at the ground too is HILARIOUS! I couldn't stop laughing!!

What an unbelievably great idea to have characters sign the Toms! I'm thinking of doing that now!!

Love your new fabric. I hope you show us what you're making with it!

I love the idea of having characters sign the TOMS. We're doing something similar with bags (we saw someone doing it on our last trip and decided we had to do it).

In terms of Memory Maker - I think it makes the most sense for a longer trip, where you get more pictures for the money. If you don't have that many pictures, it may be worth it to just get the ones you like individually.
Of course, it also makes your picture-taking time shorter, because the photopass photographer is only taking the picture with one camera, not two, so if you think time will be a big factor, that may be something to consider.

Ha that's hilarious you got so many MDE vouchers!

That picture where the random guy is looking at the ground too is HILARIOUS! I couldn't stop laughing!!

What an unbelievably great idea to have characters sign the Toms! I'm thinking of doing that now!!

Love your new fabric. I hope you show us what you're making with it!

Yes! The Toms idea has grown on me. I just have to decide if I am going to try and do it for myself or not. And if I am I guess I need to get shopping and get myself a pair.

I have been busy sewing and plan on posting some pictures in my next update (later today).

I love the idea of having characters sign the TOMS. We're doing something similar with bags (we saw someone doing it on our last trip and decided we had to do it).

In terms of Memory Maker - I think it makes the most sense for a longer trip, where you get more pictures for the money. If you don't have that many pictures, it may be worth it to just get the ones you like individually.
Of course, it also makes your picture-taking time shorter, because the photopass photographer is only taking the picture with one camera, not two, so if you think time will be a big factor, that may be something to consider.

I have seen that bag idea too and we thought about doing that for our last trip but decided not too. I love the idea of getting autographs on "usable" things!!

Pretty sure I am taking your advice and saving the money that Memory Maker would cost. I did want to double check what the cost of a single picture purchase is just in case we want to buy a few before I make my final decision.

yes!! just booked our trip!! we leave august 6th!! crazy excited!! have fun on your trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

One week to go!!!

One of my favorite things to do the week (or two) leading up to a trip is to start checking wait times for the day/times that will match the park when we will be there.... Let the wait time stalking begin! :)

Not a lot to report. I have been dealing with some of the boring things: cancelling mail delivery, scheduling bills to be paid, double checking gift card balances, etc.

I still have to: place an Amazon pantry order for water (will order tomorrow since our delivery took 5 days in May) and finalize ADRs (or as best as I can until we are there!).

I have pretty well given up hope for the Wishes Dessert Party. So I need to research the best/NON CROWDED spot to Celebrate the Magic/Wishes. We have never really sat and watched it and that is a priority for me this trip. Any advice?

I have finished my skirts. (please ignore my non-matching shirt and messy sewing/playroom):

Wall-E

Marie

Bambi (not sure what side will be front and which will be back...its interchangeable):

I finished my dwarfs skirt today so no picture, yet. I also plan to make a skirt for Lucy with this fabric and I am attempting a t-shirt with a matching pocket for Olivia. Those pictures will be coming in a day or two!

While at the mall today I grabbed these clearance diaries with the intent that one of them will be my TR journal for this trip. They might be too small though, not certain yet. (not sure why this picture is upside down. It's not in photobucket)

One week to go!!!

One of my favorite things to do the week (or two) leading up to a trip is to start checking wait times for the day/times that will match the park when we will be there.... Let the wait time stalking begin! :)

I thought I was the only one who does that! (although I'm currently doing it 3 months before my trip ... last trip I only did it the week before). I also sometimes look up wait times randomly even when I'm not planning a trip.

I love the skirts. I think my favorite is the Marie one (I like pink), but they're all great!

Those skirts are so cute! I would wear the Bambi one with the animals playing on the front and sleeping on the back :thumbsup2

I would get memory maker. I just think it is worth it with all the ride photos. And I cannot stop laughing at the guy who stopped at your Stitch popping out of the ground photo. He is looking so intently, I just love it!

Wow one week is so soon!! How exciting!

I like all your skirts but probably the Bambi one the most since it's the most ADORABLE one!! I would also wear it with the animals awake in the front and snoozing in the back! But that's just because I think the animals awake are all the cutest and everyone would see them that way. What a great idea.

I like little Marie. She's on the front of one of my Disney Dooneys!

I am sorry you had to give up hope for the Dessert Party. Maybe check the day before you want to do it, one last time. I'm checking every day too but it's staying booked up. :( I need it, because I don't think we'll get to see Wishes otherwise!

I thought I was the only one who does that! (although I'm currently doing it 3 months before my trip ... last trip I only did it the week before). I also sometimes look up wait times randomly even when I'm not planning a trip.

I love the skirts. I think my favorite is the Marie one (I like pink), but they're all great!

Maybe we all do it! :lmao: I also love to check waits when I have friends there! Wait times have looked manageable (is it also weird that I check the weather to go along with the wait times...sometimes they are super low but then it is storming so you have to take that into account).

Thank you!! I was really excited about the Marie skirt being Pink. I swear they are all blue so adding some pink to the mix is nice!

Those skirts are so cute! I would wear the Bambi one with the animals playing on the front and sleeping on the back :thumbsup2

I would get memory maker. I just think it is worth it with all the ride photos. And I cannot stop laughing at the guy who stopped at your Stitch popping out of the ground photo. He is looking so intently, I just love it!

Your suggestion about the Bambi skirt seems to be the popular one so I will probably go with that. Thanks for the complement. They are SOOO basic and easy to make. Its actually a bit of an embarrassment that I have been sewing for 10 years and these are my "specialty". But I love them!

Your post was all I needed. I went ahead and ordered Memory Maker today. If the ride photos weren't included I probably would have passed but those are so nice to have. Plus since I am working on a photobook for both summer trips together I thought it would be odd if the first half (May trip) had Disney boarders and ride photos and the second half didn't.

That guy was sooo funny although it was a bit of an awkward moment. Even the photopass photographer was confused as to why be jumped in. I am still not 100% sure if he was really looking or knew what was up and was messing with us. Great picture either way!!

Wow one week is so soon!! How exciting!

I like all your skirts but probably the Bambi one the most since it's the most ADORABLE one!! I would also wear it with the animals awake in the front and snoozing in the back! But that's just because I think the animals awake are all the cutest and everyone would see them that way. What a great idea.

I like little Marie. She's on the front of one of my Disney Dooneys!

I am sorry you had to give up hope for the Dessert Party. Maybe check the day before you want to do it, one last time. I'm checking every day too but it's staying booked up. :( I need it, because I don't think we'll get to see Wishes otherwise!

Thanks for the complement on the skirt. I too LOVE the Bambi one! I have been eyeing that fabric on ebay for awhile so I am glad that I took the plunge plus I seem to never have a good Disney fit for Animal Kingdom. Seems like Lion King is always the popular choice but I don't have any LK stuff.

I don't even really love the movie/story character Marie but I am kind of obsessed with the parks character. She is sooo cute! I need to figure out if she still comes out at EP...or if its just MK now. I would love to meet her the day I wear it.

I'm still checking for the dessert party but in my mind I am moving on. I keep telling myself we can get a lot of dessert for the $100+ that party will cost me. It's supposed to make me feel better but not sure its working.

So 3 more days to go....(or 4, I never understand if I should count the day we leave??). I am beyond excited!

Today I plan to finish my sewing projects, get laundry caught up and deal with getting the house cleaned up. Exciting stuff!

Tomorrow Lucy and I are actually spending the day out of town (Cleveland) so it will be a full/busy day with NO time for Disney prep. Then we will be down to one day!!

As far as trip planning I have adjusted a few FP times to try and start using them earlier in the day with hopes of adding some later in the evening. I also feel really stuck on our AK night. I think we still plan to go to DTD but just not sure if we want an ADR or will just hit up Earl or Wolfgang Puck. We really like Raglin Road but since we have eaten there our last two trips I feel like we should give it a break. I ended up making an ADR at T-Rex even though I know I will probably regret it. I am not really a Rainforest Café fan and its basically the same thing, right? It would be a new experience for us though. It would seem fitting to dine with Dino's after our Dinosaur (probably my second fav after TOT) marathon at AK. :)

Since I hate to post without any pictures here are a few very random ones....

A Disney friend bought these for us at a dollar store! Cutest little canister ever (you can see how small it is compared to my coffee cup):

In prep of the trip I did Lucy's nails yesterday with Jamberry nail wraps. I think they look adorable! I have some (not strawberrys ;)) for myself to do too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter