Have you ever ordered a DCL Specialty cake?

I ordered a birthday cake for my friend. I went with one that I could personalize. It had fresh strawberries, wonderful chocolate curls and was very delicious. I would do it again, because it was very special!

I faxed my order last week. Good thing I called back this week to make sure they had it because it wasn't in my file. Sent it again. I called again to confirm. Now they have my order.

Can't wait to see what it looks like... (I have a pretty good idea).

Here's a pic of the cake we ordered for DH's birthday. It was delivered the first night at dinner in Animator's (Magic Nov. 11). It was a carrot cake with white choc mousse filling and buttercream icing. It was pretty good - very dense carrot cake with good flavor. The fillng didn't really have much flavor - more like a light cream filling. The icing definitely didn't taste like any buttercream I've ever had. Not a whole lot of flavor. They brought it after taking (and delivering) our dessert orders so we were too full to cut it. We took it back to the room and room service brought is plastic wrap and smaller plates as the large silver one it was on didn't fit in the room fridge. We cut it in 3rds and wrapped it in plastic. We ate on it during the cruise but ended up pitching most of it before our 2nd crusie.

Here's a pic of the cake we ordered for DH's birthday. It was delivered the first night at dinner in Animator's (Magic Nov. 11). It was a carrot cake with white choc mousse filling and buttercream icing. It was pretty good - very dense carrot cake with good flavor. The fillng didn't really have much flavor - more like a light cream filling. The icing definitely didn't taste like any buttercream I've ever had. Not a whole lot of flavor. They brought it after taking (and delivering) our dessert orders so we were too full to cut it. We took it back to the room and room service brought is plastic wrap and smaller plates as the large silver one it was on didn't fit in the room fridge. We cut it in 3rds and wrapped it in plastic. We ate on it during the cruise but ended up pitching most of it before our 2nd crusie.

Is this 8" or 10"?

This is the size we ordered. I have a feeling we've will be fed up with cake at some point. Lol

This is the size we ordered. I have a feeling we've will be fed up with cake at some point. Lol

We ended up pitching about a third of it at the end of our first cruise. It was good, but so was everything else. I had it delivered the first night at dinner because that's was his birthday. We were in Animators so they brought it out after the show and after we already had dessert so we ended up taking the whole thing back to the stateroom. Would definitely order it again because the presentation was fun.

Update: the cake looked amazing... but that was it.

It was absolutely disgusting... Wet (think water in the lower layer) and the buttercream and filling had absolutely no taste.

We ended up eating the fruits and white chocolate on top and threw the cake away.

I would not order it again.

I ordered an anniversary cake two years ago. Never got it. I had to go to guest relations to get it off my bill.

Last edited:
Update: the cake looked amazing... but that was it.

It was absolutely disgusting... Wet (think water in the lower layer) and the buttercream and filling had absolutely no taste.

We ended up eating the fruits and white chocolate on top and threw the cake away.

I would not order it again.

That was our experience as well (except for the wet part). The carrot cake was actually pretty good but the filling and buttercream (using the term VERY loosely) had no flavor what so ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter