Have you ever met anyone famous??

Alyssa Milano! YEARS AGO. She was at the Glendale Galleria and she was signing autographs. She was very pretty, a teenager still- I think? At that time she was promoting her Teen Steam workout video.....Yeah, I actually bought a copy :rolleyes:

Barbara Bush
Jack Kemp
Jeff Goldblum
Michael Anthony Hall

The ladies from The View.

I have met:

1) Martin Lawrence, comedian
2) D.L. Hughley, comedian
3) Danny Glover, actor, activist
4) Tom Arnold (didn't actually meet him--just ended up standing right next to him and too embarrassed to say anything.)

And the best one of all...

I met Muhammad Ali--and took a picture with him that sits in a frame in my room!

I have been very lucky to meet many celebs. While growing up my dad worked for a country music station and did most of their photography. So when anyone came around I was able to meet them. I have a very nice autograph/picture collection :) Then I moved to Nashville to attend Belmont University and was in the music business program there. It seemed like there was always someone on campus. I still remember the time I came out of one of my classes and walked right into Waylon Jennings. I remember being embarassed and kept apologizing. He was very nice and told me not to worry about it because it was his fault (even though it wasn't). For a couple of years I got to work at a country music magazine and attended their award show and a few other events they had. I have pretty much met everyone in country music but some of my faves that I met are George Straight, Garth Brooks, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban & Gary Allan.
I have also met some movie actors, soap stars and a lot of the Cardinals, Bluse & Rams players.

I know Brian Dennehy and his lovely wife Jennifer! The're our neighbors!
We all met Jesse Jackson at Logan airport last summer. He was very gracious and posed for a pic with DD.

I've met....
Andrew Dan Jumbo from While You Were Out (WYWO) at a home improvement show in Tampa, FL 2003. He seems to have a great personalily in person as he does on the show :teeth:

Andy :confused: (sorry, don't remember his last name but he played Paul Steinbeck on As The World Turns) it was in the early 90's... I still have that picture, somewhere....

Hoping to meet Steve Burton :love: (Jason Morgan from General Hospital) at Disney's MGM - Super Soap Weekend 2005!!!

You guys are going to think I am nuts.... ::yes:: I am 34 years old... but my favorite celebrity that I have met is... :blush: WAYNE NEWTON!!!!!!!!! My uncle played in his band for MANY, MANY YEARS!!!!!!!!! The whole band is like an extended family... For years... I called him 'Uncle Wayne'. I have actually met him twice, Wayne even had me on stage when I was 5 years old at one of his shows in Vegas & then in 1994 I went backstage at Plant City's Strawberry Festival (in Florida) that was great!!!!! He is actually really funny!!!!!! My 'real' uncle past away about 7 years ago ... and I still try to look for him in the spotlight for his solo's when I see Wayne. :sad1:
Miss you 'Bubbles' Frazier!!!!!!!

I met Walt Willey from All My Children once at a bar in Downtown Chicago.

My DH and I also got to know Buzz Calkins and his family really well. He was a Indy Car driver and he won the first Indy Car race at WDW.

DD and I saw Adam Sandler, Lindsey Lohan and the red-haired doctor from ER this past weekend in LA.

studentmom said:
Alyssa Milano! YEARS AGO. She was at the Glendale Galleria and she was signing autographs. She was very pretty, a teenager still- I think? At that time she was promoting her Teen Steam workout video.....Yeah, I actually bought a copy :rolleyes:
I used to live across the street from the Glendale Galleria! In back in some condos across from the fire station on Oak Street. Brings back memories....

I have seen several celebs but have never met them. I saw all the actors in the Princess Diaries 2 at the movie world premiere in DTD in CA., including Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway.

I have a friend who used to live in Malibu who worked at this frozen yogurt shop that was sort of a locals only place. It was off the beaten path. She served so many celebs in her time there. Everyone from Elizabeth Taylor to Cindy Crawford and Richard Gere (when they were still together) to Olivia Newton John. I can't even remember all the people she told me about. She always had to keep her cool though and be professional. No autographs or anything.

I went with her to an AA meeting once in Malibu and Rob Lowe was there. It was a long time ago.

Sparx said:
I've met Mickey Mouse! I've got pictures to prove it! ::yes::
:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

We had dinner at the next table to Melissa Ethridge, Laura Dern and Melissa's family in Dallas... they were all very nice & we had a chat about Kansas City since Melissa is a native. :goodvibes

I was Jr. Miss Wheelchair TN in 1996 (I was 18). It was around election time and the Democratic rally came to Chattanooga. Al Gore was there. I was asked to go as a guest with the Ms. Wheelchair TN. We both got to meet and chat with Al Gore. While I'm not a huge fan of him, it was an honor to meet him and he was a nice guy :)

William Shatner--speaking engagement at UF--I was on the student staff that put on the event.

Marcia Clark--ditto above

6 or so memebers of the Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball team in the 80s. I didn't know who they were, but they got the whole team that was on the flight's autographs for me...and various people came up during the flight to get their autograph.

Norm Abrams and Steve what's his name (This Old House) when they were doing our house.

Spoke on the phone with Joey McIntyre in his post-NKOTB days when he was doing an on-air interview at a local radio station.

Lisa Whelchel--book signing at a homeschool convention.

ETA: Tom Bergeron at a AFH taping at Disney World as an extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter