Have you ever known anyone who was Murdered , did they catch

co-workers wife was shot and killed by their daughters ex - he gave himself up a couple of hours later and has been convicted.

I didn't know her personally but had met her father - my husband's former business partner's 3 year old was murdered by his new wife/girlfriend (can't remember which), she threw her down a flight of stairs. She was convicted.

I know 2 people who have been murdered in domestic disputes and both murders have been convicted. I also knew a murderer.

My first cousin twice removed was, she was only 18 and was in the wrong place at the wrong time and it was mistaken identity. She got shot in the head leaving a house party. She had the same first name as me. The guy got caught, he's still in jail but he will be released in a few years. Her Grandma is my Great-Aunt and she still takes flowers to her grave several times a year, still misses her. Everything can be wiped out in an instant, nothing is certain in life.

I didn't actually know him because it happened a year before I was born, but my uncle was a police officer killed in the line of duty - shot at close range by the driver of a stolen car that he pulled over. The guy was originally sentenced to death, but of course it underwent many appeals.

Nearly 20 years later, they ended up agreeing to a re-trial. My sister and I went with several of my other relatives to the first day of the trial. Unfortunately, just as it was starting, we were pulled out and told that my grandfather had just been killed in an accident. Needless to say, it was a very difficult and traumatic few weeks for the family, dealing with both of these things at the same time. The guy that killed my uncle did end up being found guilty again after the re-trial, but the sentence was reduced to life in prison.

Sadly I know a couple of people who were murdered. The first was when I was a teenager. There was an older gentleman who owned a small corner store on the street where my grandmother lived. He was robbed early in the morning when he opened up for the day. The killer took off up the street past my grandmothers house. She actually saw him run down the street and then found out what happened. I don't recall if they ever caught him as it was a long time ago.

One of my kids friends was murdered about 10 years ago. It was a sad situation. His girlfriend (also a friend of my kids) was seeing someone behind his back and she left a huge clue for him to find out. He went to confront the guy but sadly wasn't thinking straight and laid a gun on the hood of his car. The new boyfriend owned a nightclub and his bouncer shot and killed the friend. Their friend left behind a young daughter. The thought of losing her is what caused him to confront the new guy. The bouncer was never charged. The girlfriend stayed with the new boyfriend and I have to say as hard as it was he has been really good to the little girl (now a teenager).

The kids also had another friend killed by her drug dealer. She was trying to get clean and away from the lifestyle she was in to pay for the drugs. The dealer laced her drugs with rat poison and she was found in an abandoned warehouse several days later. She was a sweet girl growing up but from a bad home life. Her father tried to stab her mother one time and lucky me I got to see that fight.

Like some other posters I also knew a young man convicted of murder. It made national headlines in 2003. A girl convinced 2 brothers and another boy to kill her boyfriend for his paycheck. The killers and the victim were all 16-17 years old. I knew the one brother, even had him to my house once or twice. He was friends of my daughter from another mother and such a nice polite boy when I met him. He also had a crush on my daughter when he was 13. Sadly he was abandoned by his mother twice, beat on a regular basis by his father and turned to drugs. My daughters friend tried to get him help but our system moves slowly. All three boys got life and the girl that masterminded the murder got a much lighter sentence and was eligible for parole in 5 years. I don't know if she ever got out but she deserved the same sentence as the boys. Don't get me wrong my heart broke when I heard who was involved but he deserved the sentence he received.

A girl from the year below me at school was murdered by her husband with a meat cleaver when she was 23. He called 000 (our emergency services number) himself and told them to ‘come get the body’ and was still there when police arrived. I wasn’t friends with her, although we had mutual friends including one we were both very close with.

Very unusual as it’s one of the few murders in my city, but here in the UK the sister of a girl in my class was murdered and raped as she walked home from a night out on the town. They caught him and he was convicted. He was a worker at a pizza shop. He will be well free now I imagine, murderers in the UK serve about 16 years on average.

Crazy to think such a simple thing as a property line and where someone mowed led to death in two different instances. The world is just :scared::sad1:
There is a show (on ID, I think) about neighbors who have issues and eventually one kills the other. There are a lot of those cases. Crazy.

My goodness I remembered two more.

I didn’t know him but I knew one of his ex wives, they were still good friends. I remember her sobbing at the news. Elvis impersonator Dana MacKay. Still unsolved but widely believed to be a hit. There are people who are positive they know who it was but there is no proof.

Then another domestic. A friend's BIL (someone we met a few times but not really friends) was stabbed to death by the new boyfriend outside his own home when he demanded to see his kids. The guy was never charged.

A girl I had college classes with was kidnapped from our mall parking lot after work and her body was found about 5 months later. The guy that did it was sentenced to death since he crossed state lines and it became a Federal case.

A boy my son went to school with was killed along with his two younger siblings by their mother. She also killed herself.

I don’t know anyone personally who was murdered. I was friends with 2 girls in high school who were killed in a drunk driving accident. The driver received manslaughter charges.

I did work with a murderer in high school. Lacey Hirst. She had her husband’s pregnant mistress killed, and is now serving life without parole. This happened many years after I worked with her. I couldn’t stand working with her at the time. She was the owner’s daughter and was an entitled brat. Her mom (didn’t like her either) wrote a book about life after her daughter’s “unjust” conviction. I find that truly appalling. It was a really gruesome murder and she was lucky she didn’t get the death penalty.

I thought of one other and don't know how I forgot it as it was huge when I was 15. I didn't know the girl but knew several people who knew her and she lived not far from one of my BFF's. She was abducted from the corner as she got off a bus to go home or her home as there were 2 stories about that at the time. My parents hid all the details from me as it was BAD!!! My idiot boyfriend decided to fill me in on all of the gory details. I had nightmares for months and in the heat of mid summer refused to have my bedroom window opened and locked at all times. We didn't have AC and my room was stifling but I was terrified. The boyfriend became the ex-boyfriend quickly. They never found the killer as far as I know and there were all kinds of rumors floating around for years - drugs and satanic rituals were the most popular.

Two. The first was a domestic abuse situation, kind of the same old story - wife took the abuse for years, finally threw her abuser out, and he came back and killed her before killing himself. The second was a weird situation involving a well-known business man in our community. He was in the city to meet someone about a collection of Christmas decorations to add to his annual holiday event and was shot and killed in the street. I don't think any arrests have been made. IIRC, his cash was taken but not his car or wallet, so the initial thinking was a robbery gone wrong.

Yes. My son's orthodontist was run over by his wife and killed. It was a big story in Texas. He had been cheating on his wife but was supposed to have broke it off with the other woman. Wife caught them at a Nassau Bay hotel and ran him over in the parking lot numerous times and killed him. This story was featured on Snapped too.

Yes. My son's orthodontist was run over by his wife and killed. It was a big story in Texas. He had been cheating on his wife but was supposed to have broke it off with the other woman. Wife caught them at a Nassau Bay hotel and ran him over in the parking lot numerous times and killed him. This story was featured on Snapped too.
Her name was Betty can't recall the last name? I think a made for TV movie was made about the incident; it was big news nationwide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter