• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have YOU ever had or witnessed a rude incident in the park? Tell me about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On this last trip, we were waiting on our ADR at Crystal Palace (about an hour before Wishes) and a woman without a reservation in front of us started berating the check-in people, saying she wasn't going to wait 70 minutes and being real loud. She stomped off and would harass any CM around the front porch, I guess her thinking was if she continually acted like a child, making a scene, they would eventually accommodate her-which didn't happen.

Moral:
It's one thing to call ahead at an ADR restaurant at the beginning of the day to see if there were any cancellations... but to try and cause a scene to butt your way into the place, it reminded me of the video making the rounds on the internet... a girl in the same situation (no reservation, trying to get in).

That reminds me of an event that was almost too funny to be considered rude. We had our normal lunch reservation at Biergarten and after checking in and picking up our pager, I saw a possibly intoxicated man have a brief exchange with the host. The gist must have been that there was a wait to be seated of about an hour because them man just started bellowing "come back in an hour" over and over to the crowd of people milling about around Biergarten/Somerfest. Mostly people just shot him *** looks and tried to avoid eye contact. We got moved inside before I saw what happened to him.

I'm just wondering what people fight or can become rude about in the happiest place on earth...it's really troubling to see so many guests stories I was just wondering what I should be on the look out for or what can be avoided?
My advice is not to ask for horror stories (or, since you have, not to get overly concerned about them). People can be rude anywhere, and WDW is a very large space packed with quite a lot of people. Some of those people will be extra tired or stressed or will behave in unpleasant ways that are not limited to their time at WDW. I don't think there's anything to "watch out for" or things to avoid, because you can't do anything to ensure you never run into anyone rude during your trip. Trust me, I work with the public at the day job, people are people everywhere. Add in crowds, tired or cranky kids, heat, etc. and it can increase stress. But no more than any other busy tourist attraction or other crowded public place, IMO.

Ugh thanks for the reports my god I don't understand we are at Disney why not show some respect and curtesy to people as well

But if you aren't respectful or courteous at home, why would you change your ways just because you're in Disney. I have seen some who definitely have the "I paid a lot for this vacation so I'm entitled" mentality....and yeah, all the rest of us got in for free????

I think on vacation people truly show the real them.....they're among strangers so they don't care who might see them, and they have that entitlement mentality going.

Very sad, but it does seem to be the way the world is going. (Thinking about last night's Grammy's and nodding my head....because THAT is who many people idolize and emulate).

I still remember it like it was yesterday...my wife and I were on our honeymoon in 2000, and as we were leaving Epcot after Illuminations we are passing by the fountain and there's this college age male that starts yelling as loudly as he can at what appeared to be his parents and siblings "Yeah you're right, I'm the middle child, it's my F-ing fault".

With our twisted sense of humor we actually thought it was funny (although there were plenty of small children within earshot that didn't need to hear that). To this day whenever one of us does something wrong we follow it with "I'm the middle child, it's my F-ing fault" and have a good laugh over it. Memories...

I'm just waiting for a small argument that DH and I had in Epcot, that resulted in him throwing his Fez from Morocco over the fence near the backwards fountain to end up as a story here :lovestruc. We fondly named this area "Blowout Alley" because the year before my DD4 (at the time) had a major tantrum in the same exact spot.

Honestly, I've seen a lot at the parks. Some is just inconsiderate rudeness that is who that person is everyday, and some is just a result of the overtiredness of going non-stop for days on end.

Last trip there we were next on line to have a photo pass photographer take our picture near The little Mermaid ride. The Photographer was taking pictures of the group in front of us. A mother, Father two 2 kids and grandparents. Then the Mother asked the photographer if she could now just get a picture of the family (meaning her and her husband and two children) the mother -in-law started mumbling as she and her husband got out of the picture and the mother said "I just mean ..." then the Mother in-law yelled "I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!" it was so incredibly awkward. The husband was so embarrassed and did not know what to do because he was in between his mother and wife and the mother-in-law would not let it go. The four of them were doing these strained smiles for the photographer.

You could tell the rest of the trip was not going to be so magical for this group.

Honestly, we have been there a number of times and never witnessed any other than my own, trying at times, daughter.

Most of the time if i were to see it I would forget about it soon after. The worst thing i had happen was watching the parade in MK at 3PM. We had been in our spot for about 20 min or so this past Thur. Right before parade started a tour group called Fifteens pushed us out of the way. I stood my ground and wouldn't let them get in front of me. I had 2 kids next me. So the girl that was standing next to me went around and pushed my son that was standing next to his brother out of the way. I couldn't protect his like i could his brother. I did say something to them but they acted like they couldn't understand me. One kept shoving her phone in my face. I kept pushing it back but when she wouldn't stop I started waving really big to the characters going by. So instead of having a video of the parade she will have one of me waving. I would have said something more to them but I come to Disney to be happy not to argue. But I told my husband if it happened again i was gettinng a CM. We did go to GS to complain more just so that they are aware these girls need better supervision and that they shouldn't be allowed to just be let loose in groups of 20 or so with no adult to keep them in control.

Wow I agree with some of these great posts on here just please everyone be careful when you go out it sounds like some people can get loud over nonsense.

I'm just wondering what people fight or can become rude about in the happiest place on earth...it's really troubling to see so many guests stories I was just wondering what I should be on the look out for or what can be avoided?

I'm just wondering why you would wonder why people would be rude or unpleasant at WDW. It is not a separate universe. These people are the same people who are rude or unpleasant at home. Unless you never set foot outside your home, you will encounter someone unpleasant eventually. WDW is no different.

I can't control how other people behave, but I can, hopefully, control how I react to that behavior. In most instances I try to ignore it and concentrate on other things. I certainly don't go looking for it.

How about this
I'm just wondering why you would wonder why people would be rude or unpleasant at WDW. It is not a separate universe. These people are the same people who are rude or unpleasant at home. Unless you never set foot outside your home, you will encounter someone unpleasant eventually. WDW is no different.

I can't control how other people behave, but I can, hopefully, control how I react to that behavior. In most instances I try to ignore it and concentrate on other things. I certainly don't go looking for it.

Or let's try this: its a message board where people discuss different things. If you have nothing to add how about you don't come in my threads,and wonder what and what I can not discuss.

I ask because unlike "my house" Disney is labeled the happiest place on earth so I would expect some decorum and pleasantness to my fellow vacationers.

This board is also a venue where people can share stories and have a discussion which is actually interesting instead of another thread about fast pass plus.

I've told this story before on here...

On our honeymoon in 2005 we were staying at CR and went down to the beach to see the EWP. We were the ONLY ones on the beach. So we sat down in the sand and waited. Along comes these two women, who then proceed to plop their butts down right in front of us...on an entirely empty beach! i mean they sat maybe 10 feet in front of us. WTH?? We moved.

After the EWP finished, along comes a family of super loud, drunken and obnoxious adults and their toddler. They wander down to the water's edge where the toddler starts chasing a duck around, trying to unsuccessfully catch it. Finally one of the drunk men TACKLES THE DUCK like it was a loose ball at the Superbowl and pins it to the ground while the duck quacked in terror and lets the toddler wail on it (I think the kid was trying to pet it...roughly).

Thousands of people jammed into one place. Its a high probability you will see something. Just have to go with the flow and not let it spoil your time there.

How about this

Or let's try this: its a message board where people discuss different things. If you have nothing to add how about you don't come in my threads,and wonder what and what I can not discuss.

I ask because unlike "my house" Disney is labeled the happiest place on earth so I would expect some decorum and pleasantness to my fellow vacationers.

This board is also a venue where people can share stories and have a discussion which is actually interesting instead of another thread about fast pass plus.
But people are people and you are putting thousands of people in a space, sometimes a small space and there are different comfort levels for things like personal space, volume, people pushing through crowds. People are tired, there are cranky kids, there are people whose feet hurt, are hot, are waiting for something etc. It is ripe for meltdowns of the adult and child variety. And what one person says is rude another, may just be normal for another.

When you post on a public board, you are going to get a variety of opinions, not all are what you may have expected or wanted to hear. Its part of a public message board.

Oh and Disney World is the most Magical Place and its primarily a marketing device. The paying guests don't have to pass a test to enter the park to see if they are in a jolly mood that day

I see less rude behavior at the parks than in traffic. I think when people get in a car, they think they are wearing a mask like Batman and you won't be able to recognize them. Although, most people are not trying to be rude or be rude specifically to you. They are just inconsiderate and/or stupid. It's not personal. They would treat anyone like that. I try to keep that in mind. It sometimes prevents me from ramming into people with my car and driving off:)

Oooh, this was post 666. Just proves that my FIL was right when he called me the devil:)

Last trip there we were next on line to have a photo pass photographer take our picture near The little Mermaid ride. The Photographer was taking pictures of the group in front of us. A mother, Father two 2 kids and grandparents. Then the Mother asked the photographer if she could now just get a picture of the family (meaning her and her husband and two children) the mother -in-law started mumbling as she and her husband got out of the picture and the mother said "I just mean ..." then the Mother in-law yelled "I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!" it was so incredibly awkward. The husband was so embarrassed and did not know what to do because he was in between his mother and wife and the mother-in-law would not let it go. The four of them were doing these strained smiles for the photographer.

You could tell the rest of the trip was not going to be so magical for this group.

Poor wife.

I could imagine my MIL booting me out of a picture so it's just her family (but of course including my son). Even though she taught her son that that sort of thing was wrong (she was treated horribly by her husband's family when he brought her to the US from Korea).

Disney is a place that's super-hot (or super-cold whenever we end up there), humid, difficult, exhausting, and YES expensive (and we want to get value for our money so some run ourselves to even more exhaustion). We forget to drink water, we forget to eat good food. We snack on junk, maybe the grownups have some alcohol forgetting their dehydration and under-nourishment. The tiny annoyances that we would let go at home are made So Much Worse when you have all those things working against you.

Number one has got to be parades/fireworks for me. We pretty much gave up a number of years ago trying to save good spots in the middle of the scrum due to those last minute idiots that weasel their way into your personal space as if they're "entitled" to be there. Indignant line jumpers are a close second!

2 yrs ago my mom broke 3 of her toes right before our trip. like the day before.. lol

So I had to frantically get her an ECV rental cause no way could she walk miles a day with broken swollen toes..

now she has used the motorized grocery carts at wally world before but never drove an ECV.

Her first attempt to load the machine onto the bus was awkward and she just couldn't get the controls down. And a nasty bitty woman in line said loudly oh she must be one of those people who does what ever is needed for a GAC card. And other nasty comments about interfering with their park time..
had my mom in tears and my son who is a gma's boy and 8 yrs old (and has aspergers) turned around and in a mean voice said..

"Didn't your momma ever teach you, if you have nothing nice to say then just sAy nothing at all" she has broken feet.. do you want broken feet to? Leave her alone!

To which got a few chuckles and a clap from the other peeps that were waiting. And a high 5 on the bus from an older gentleman for looking out for his gma.

At that point the driver loaded the cart for my mom.

The rest of the trip I would drive and load the ecv on and off the busses for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter