Have you ever had a VGT room change once assigned?

OrlandoDisneyFan

Mouseketeer
I booked a cruise for next month a week ago, (2) VGT cat 7A FL Resident staterooms for the 4 of us.

I was shocked to see that we were assigned rooms the day I booked (and paid)....about 5 weeks out from the sailing.

We are thrilled with the rooms we were assigned (Connecting Cat 5B's, Deck 8, Forward) and even more thrilled we didn't have to wait until closer to sailing wondering where the rooms would be.

But I was wondering if, once the rooms are assigned on a VGT booking, anyone has ever had DCL change the rooms????

Are you sure it was a VGT rate? Your description of the room as "VGT cat 7A FL Resident" is confusing. I thought Florida Resident rates and VGT rates were different. If you actually got a Florida Resident rate, then yes you would get your stateroom at the time of booking. Enjoy! :sail:

Although I've heard it's rare, if you do have a VGT rate, it's not impossible to have your cabin changed after it's been assigned. I had an IGT cabin on the Wonder EBPC cruise in December 2012, was assigned an 11B cabin on deck 6 14 days before sailing, then was changed to a 9C on deck 2 three days before sailing.

Rich from California

Are you sure it was a VGT rate? Your description of the room as "VGT cat 7A FL Resident" is confusing. I thought Florida Resident rates and VGT rates were different. If you actually got a Florida Resident rate, then yes you would get your stateroom at the time of booking. Enjoy! :sail:

They offered the Fl Residents rate for 7A this year. Since there are only a few 7A rooms on any sailing, most people got offered a VGT when going to select a room.

To the OP, I don't think they'll downgrade you back to a 7A but you might want to add 'Do not move' to your reservations.

Nancy

They offered the Fl Residents rate for 7A this year. Since there are only a few 7A rooms on any sailing, most people got offered a VGT when going to select a room.

To the OP, I don't think they'll downgrade you back to a 7A but you might want to add 'Do not move' to your reservations.

Nancy

I think the above would have been 7A GTY, which is different from VGT. GTY is used when they "oversell" a category and is sometimes also used to offer discounts, but not always. Most of the time, I think it's regular price, but you just don't get a specific rooom assignment until later. The Fall 2013 Galveston cruises had 7A at a discounted price that quickly sold out of specific cabins to be assigned and stayed at GTY for a long time while they oversold the category and the majority ended up being upgraded.

I agree that the OP actually booked a 7A GTY FLR rate and not a VGT. To answer the question, yes the room can be changed after it is assigned with a GTY and a *GT. The category you book remains the same on DCL's site, so they know what you originally booked. That way if they have upgraded you and need to downgrade you, they will know what category you were guaranteed to cruise in. People have reported getting to the port and finding out their assignment was downgraded at check in after they were assigned an upgrade online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter