Have you ever had a "It's a small world" experience at WDW?

Yes!

On our very first trip in 2012, we were standing in line at park opening to enter Animal Kingdom. I looked to my right, and 3 lines over was the Deacon from our church and his family. We don't know them well, just enough to say Hi and have a chat. But we are both from a small town in Southern Ontario - what are the odds??

My uncle met a 20-something that he had had as a student in 5th grade while we were on the ferry from the Magic Kingdom back to Grand Floridian.

My wife ran into a colleague at Magic Kingdom during one trip.

And I ran into FlightlessDuck at the bus stop at Coronado Springs :)

DD and I were sitting at the counter at Beaches 'n Cream, chatting with our waitress about how nice it was to be someplace warm and how much snow we had here at home... being Maine. The guy scooping ice cream next to her said, "Where in Maine?" Turns out he is from the small town next to our very small town, and was there on the college program as he attended the same University where DH teaches!

When I was working at the Jungle Cruise, I had a couple really strange moments like this! One time, at the end of a cruise, a girl asked me if I had ever worked at Park Shore Day Camp. Turns out we had worked there together several years ago and actually had multiple conversations about the DCP! I had no memory of her until she jogged it haha.

Several years ago I took my two DD to O'hana for dinner. During the crazy hula-hoop contest thing a girl stopped my daughter... it was her classmate and fellow Girl Scout!

Two trips ago, we saw a family we knew from our hometown in MS. The year before that, we saw another family from the same place and it was a lady that worked for my dad in his appliance store for years. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter