Have you ever flown with Martinair?

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
Just did a flight costing for August - my dates aren't quite here yet but a couple of weeks before Martinair (Holland) come out fairly reasonable. Flight is MAN/AMS with KLM then AMS/MCO with Martinair - times are pretty good too. Are they part of KLM I wonder?

While we were pricing for next year from Dublin, in June the cheapest flights we were quoted were Dub to Amsterdam then Martinair from Amsterdam to MCO. Sorry it doesn't answer your question but i thought it was interesting. We've booked direct with Aer Lingus from Dublin to MCO. Too many kids to have too much hassle with.

Sorry I can't help either, Considered using them a few years back but found a better deal elsewhere. Just wanted to say Wiki says Parent company Air France-KLM

We flew with them at Easter - GLA - AMS - MCO. Great on the way out with a complimentary upgrade to comfort class. Coming home was a bit more problematic (Volcanic Ash :rotfl:) but then it was the same for everyone. DD flew home with them last month from her year working at Disney and again they were absolutely fine. If the price is right I'd certainly use them again. :thumbsup2

Mrs TT

We flew with them at Easter - GLA - AMS - MCO. Great on the way out with a complimentary upgrade to comfort class. Coming home was a bit more problematic (Volcanic Ash :rotfl:) but then it was the same for everyone. DD flew home with them last month from her year working at Disney and again they were absolutely fine. If the price is right I'd certainly use them again. :thumbsup2

Mrs TT

Thanks Mrs TT - how did you get your complimentary upgrade - do you just ask at check in? I've never had the nerve to do that but I suppose the worse they can say is no:goodvibes.

i flew with them years ago - to amsterdam on KLM then amsterdam to MCO on martinair..
they were fine... just like any other airline...

Beware, Martinair is a charter with all it's plusses and negatives. They keep trying to hold back the "rumours", but they themselves have made official (or rather their owner KLM) that they are stopping ALL passenger flights somewhere in 2011. That would mean KLM taking up those, as is being said at the moment. MP does anything and everything to keep folks booking them, incl. telling they will continue passenger flights. Might very well not be true in the long run. KLM would mean no direct flight from AMS to MCO, so basically another connection added for you if they want to stick to you going through AMS. KLM has no interest in a direct flight to MCO in their alliance with Delta, afterall. Perhaps Delta will take some of those loads, allthough no word about that either.

One of the things I HATE about MP (am Dutch myself and refuse to fly them) is that they do whatever they feel like. They have been known to cancel a schedule halfway through the season, leaving many folks with problems. Rebooking them on indirect flights (folks book MP wanting a direct AMS-MCO flight), some having to fly on an earlier or later day etc. Cancelling half way through season has been done like 2 or 3 years in a row now. :scared1: If no cancelling the whole schedule, it's cancelling certain days, meaning folks have to rebook changing like 2 or 3 days.

Now, every airline has schedule changes, esp. when you book months out. MP is different as they've been known to cancel a whole seasons schedule halfway through a season, weeks out and have done it more than once. They've gotten a pretty bad rep on this department with many of us Dutch flying to Florida. MP has even been known to divert a plane to other destinations before heading to Florida if that suits them better. Let's surprise our customers with a new routing. :lmao:

MP is a little company. IF something mechanical or else happens; it is very easily seen in flight times with delays. The same plane is being used for AMS-MCO as for MCO-AMS with a relative short turn over time. So if one is seriously delayed, so is the other. Bigger airlines like KLM, Delta, Continental etc. have other planes sitting around allover the US, which can be flown in if need be for a flight home. MP doesn't. This is a main factor for their not superb on time records.

If the price is right for your family and you do not mind the big likelyhood of MP not longer performing the flight later on in 2011, your schedule can take some changes; I'ld book them. :) It's not like they're rubbish. :rotfl2: But as said, I hate the way the make "schedules" and impact hundreds of passengers negatively. Combine that with them being so small and no service when it comes to flying with a wheelchair (which I do), I personally do not fly them. I'ld rather fly indirect and if it's the case; more expensively.

As far as AMS goes; if you've got the time; check out the museum at the airport. It's amazing! There also is a librabry opened recently, where you can read any book, based on trust and a totally automated system. Just remember it is a huge airport, so you might find yourself doing lots of walking from gate to gate. Ask for assistance if need be!

Thanks Mrs TT - how did you get your complimentary upgrade - do you just ask at check in? I've never had the nerve to do that but I suppose the worse they can say is no:goodvibes.

We didn't ask and they didn't say when we checked in, but obviously when we sat down we were in the section that was Comfort Class. Meant we got the hand held personal entertainment systems, better food and drink as well as the extra legroom. DD paid the extra euros for her journey home as she was travelling by herself. The staff were lovely and we had a good flight (just ignoring all the Volcanic Ash issues - it wasn't their fault and no-one knew what was happening). As far as we're concerned the flight is only a means of getting to our favourite destination, so if it's the right price and the times are OK we'll go for it. ;)

Mrs TT

Beware, Martinair is a charter with all it's plusses and negatives. They keep trying to hold back the "rumours", but they themselves have made official (or rather their owner KLM) that they are stopping ALL passenger flights somewhere in 2011. That would mean KLM taking up those, as is being said at the moment. MP does anything and everything to keep folks booking them, incl. telling they will continue passenger flights. Might very well not be true in the long run. KLM would mean no direct flight from AMS to MCO, so basically another connection added for you if they want to stick to you going through AMS. KLM has no interest in a direct flight to MCO in their alliance with Delta, afterall. Perhaps Delta will take some of those loads, allthough no word about that either.

One of the things I HATE about MP (am Dutch myself and refuse to fly them) is that they do whatever they feel like. They have been known to cancel a schedule halfway through the season, leaving many folks with problems. Rebooking them on indirect flights (folks book MP wanting a direct AMS-MCO flight), some having to fly on an earlier or later day etc. Cancelling half way through season has been done like 2 or 3 years in a row now. :scared1: If no cancelling the whole schedule, it's cancelling certain days, meaning folks have to rebook changing like 2 or 3 days.

Now, every airline has schedule changes, esp. when you book months out. MP is different as they've been known to cancel a whole seasons schedule halfway through a season, weeks out and have done it more than once. They've gotten a pretty bad rep on this department with many of us Dutch flying to Florida. MP has even been known to divert a plane to other destinations before heading to Florida if that suits them better. Let's surprise our customers with a new routing. :lmao:

MP is a little company. IF something mechanical or else happens; it is very easily seen in flight times with delays. The same plane is being used for AMS-MCO as for MCO-AMS with a relative short turn over time. So if one is seriously delayed, so is the other. Bigger airlines like KLM, Delta, Continental etc. have other planes sitting around allover the US, which can be flown in if need be for a flight home. MP doesn't. This is a main factor for their not superb on time records.

If the price is right for your family and you do not mind the big likelyhood of MP not longer performing the flight later on in 2011, your schedule can take some changes; I'ld book them. :) It's not like they're rubbish. :rotfl2: But as said, I hate the way the make "schedules" and impact hundreds of passengers negatively. Combine that with them being so small and no service when it comes to flying with a wheelchair (which I do), I personally do not fly them. I'ld rather fly indirect and if it's the case; more expensively.

As far as AMS goes; if you've got the time; check out the museum at the airport. It's amazing! There also is a librabry opened recently, where you can read any book, based on trust and a totally automated system. Just remember it is a huge airport, so you might find yourself doing lots of walking from gate to gate. Ask for assistance if need be!

:mad: this is all I need going in 9 sleeps and stressed enough already !!!!

Looked at MartinAir a few times but always been scared of the horror stories on the net:scared1:

Schipol is a great airport, but I just don't trust 'em.

Looking at the earlier posts it doesn't seem to be something I will even have to consider in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter