Have you ever felt the magic?

Every trip to Disney is magical to us, some of the magic we make and some is with the help of wonderful CM's. That is why we keep going back, but here are a couple of special memories.

1. Our daughter was adopted, after losing our son at birth, and years of trying to have a baby. On one of our trips when she was about 6 I remember we were sitting near the castle watching Wishes. DD leaned over and asked me mommy have you ever made a wish that came true. I felt the tears starting and I looked at her and said yes of course, you. She started crying too, but it was good tears of happines. Neither of us have forgotten that moment.

2. On a trip with friends my DD collects Stitch pins and had found a Cruise line Stitch pin she had never seen before. The DS of our friends was sad he did not get it and she gave it to him. Well before our next trip I went on e-bay and found the pin. I hid it in my back pack and at Epcot one day I had my DH take DD to look at something and I slipt over to a CM (was a dream squad member) and explained why and asked them if they would give it to her and tell her Stitch had sent it for her. So I go back to DH and DD and we walk past the CM and they call DD by name, she is shocked. She walks over and the CM does such a good job and tells her Stitch came by and wanted her to have the pin. DD gets so excited and hugs the CM and tells them Thank you so much. Then to my shock she tells DD to come with her, she takes her to the pin trading station and tells her to pick out any Stitch pin she wants. DD had trouble deciding between two, but finally decides. She then tells DD to stop by guest relations before leaving that day. We do and she has a whole package of little Stitch items waiting for her, plus the other pin she wanted and a Certificate from the Dream Squad saying she is Stitch's number one fan. It was a day DD will never forget.

Oh I'm crying here at my desk at work...all great stories. I've had a lot of moments where I felt the magic but I guess my biggest one was making a wish during Wishes for me to finally get pregnant (DH and I had been trying for over a year)...a few days after getting home we found out we were pregnant with our DS. I was at Disney, riding rides, having fun and apparently pregnant...we had no clue.

We went in February for our first trip as a family. My ds was 2 1/2 and dd was 8. Actually the trip was for her birthday. We let her do the Castle Package at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiqe at DD. She was dressed as Sleeping Beauty and she was absolutely beautiful. They had done an amazing job with her hair and she was so proud. All the CMs made over her and greeted her with Happy birthday Princess! The Fairy Godmother spotted her when she passsed us in the parade and pointed to DD and held her hands in a heart to DD. then on the bus back to the resort, the driver held her hand as she got on the bus and kissed her hand and told her every Princess needed jewelry. He pulled out a pretty blue ring from his pocket and put it on her hand. I thought she would pass out from excitement!!! All the passengers were laughing because you could just see it on her face!!! Then the second bus announced to everyone that there was a Royal Princess on the bus and it was her birthday and fro everyone to wish her Happy Birthday! At our resort, they had a balloon bouquet wasiting for her, Mickey Mouse left a message on the answering machine for her, she ended up with a birthday cake at Cinderellas Royall Table. They made her feel so special the whole time we were there. That is one birthday she will never ever forget!!! They all went out of their way to make her feel special!!! and even though it wasn't DS's bday, he ended up bringing home a pirate eye patch, several swords, stickers, balloons, all kinds of stuff!

Our story is not remarkable, but it moved me to tears. My DH had lost his job in June of 2008 and we had all ready planned, booked, and paid for our upcoming Disney trip for December of that same year. So, we went- knowing that the $$$ should probably not go towards vacation...sad year.. yada yada yada and you get my picture.

The moment I will speak of was during Illuminations. We watched the fantastic fireworks show, as we had done many times in the past. But this time, I really listened to the words "We Go On" and my DH squeezed me tight and we both were crying. We felt the intensity of the moment, the song, and the meaning...and you know what? We did that very thing- we went on....

:thumbsup2

In 2006 I was diagnosed with advanced stage breast cancer. The only person I told was my best friend. I didn't tell my husband, my parents, my children until my hair was falling out. So my best friend (she is my first cousin and we have been best friends since we were born) carried this burden and kept it a secret because that was my wish. She also had to endure the wrath of my mother once she discovered that she had been kept in the dark by both of us. :rotfl:

A year later, when I was strong enough to travel again, my husband and I took my best friend and her husband to Disneyworld. It was our 17th visit, their first. It was my thank you for her support.

Because they are not Disney fans, I had no idea what to do on this vacation. She loves sushi and fireworks. So I booked us at California Grill and we were given pixie dust and got a window table. She had no idea about Wishes or that we would see it and I didn't say a word. She was so happy with her sushi and then Wishes came on and I looked over and she was crying because she was enjoying it so much. And I felt so damn good because some acts of kindness are impossible to repay but I felt like I got pretty damn close.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I know I have stories, but I have to pull myself together after reading all of yours!

I'm weeping uncontrollably here! These are all wonderful stories. I love it!

My Disney magic is ongoing. In every trip, every look on the faces of my kids(when they were little and now that they're adults), every fireworks display with the inspiring music and narration fills me with joy and hope.

None of our lives are perfect and we all endure hardships. Always there will someone better off and someone who has it much worse. But we are all in this together and we have the Disney experience and the Disney Magic as the glue that will always connect us.

"No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true." :love: :goodvibes

This seriously has me in tears. It keeps me wondering what kind of special memories will come out of our honeymoon trip. I know at some time I will be crying, and thinking this is the most memorable thing ever.

I love all of your stories. :lovestruc

What awesome stories.......

Mine isn't as wonderful as some of ya'lls...but....I like to pass on the magic when i can.....my trip this past May...on the bus back to the resort, a little girl stood by me and was looking at my lanyard with all my pins on it....she pointed at one, and said "you have Ariel"...I asked her if she liked Ariel, and she told me that Ariel was her favorite princess.....without a thought...I took the pin off and pinned it on her shirt...how could I not? Well, the look on her face was priceless !!!! She ran over to her Mother and showed it to her....after getting off the bus, her mother came over to me and thanked me....it was really my pleasure...

Once back in the resort, we were in the gift shop and I was looking at the pin board to see if there were any that I wanted to trade for....I was talking to the CM and told him of the little girl...he told me that I did a nice thing and I said, well, she's a little girl.... I made my trade and put my new pin on my lanyard. As I was walking away, the CM gave me back the pin I traded to be traded again some other day....he said my good dead deserved a reward...i didn't think so, but it made me feel good, just the same.

I have another to tell.....it's more of a "mini-pixie-dust" story.

I am stuck in a scooter now after an accident. Trying to turn lemons into lemonaid, I always take decorations for the scooter. Last year - holiday time - my scooter "Seabiscuit" was ALLL decked out...lights, garland, bike bell, squeaky horn.

In my scooter I seem to always be a bit of a pied piper --- I'm a little person magnet....they are always fascinated - perhaps because I am now down at their eye level. Knowing this........

Our little group arrived at Liberty Tree for our reservations. An adorable family with 3 shy children arrived at exactly the same time. We all walked in together - scooter parked outside.....after ringing my bell a few times.

We had to wait so someone stood up so the lady with the cane could sit.

Thefamily was next to us still. The 3 little ones all blonde - adorable - shy - young with eyes wide with amazement.

Out came my little bag of .... things. That night I had brought a big handfull of those light sticks you buy at the Dollar Store. I made a necklace for my husband (oh yea, how happy was HE?) That's all it took.....and the 3 cuties were right in front of me.

I made a necklace and bracelet for each of them - red and green of course.

I think we were called into dinner first so I said my good byes.

Halfway through the dinner the 3 children, and mother, appeared at our table. Each had written a thank you note on borrowed paper with a Disney sticker.

I was so surprised, I hardly knew what to say beyond thank you and a hug for each.

Know what, I kept those thank you notes too!

It was soooo nice reading all of these after all of the negative threads that have been hanging around lately. Thanks for these.

In highschool, my class went to Disney for our Senior trip. It was arranged so that we would go for a week, come home, have the weekend to recover, and then graduate. For us, there was just something special about watching "Wishes" on our final night, knowing what would be happening once we got home. Truly magical. :goodvibes

Also, I got to meet the Power Rangers. I'm a very stoic person, but I turned into a spastic shoolkid when they came out. It was seriously the most fun I've ever had. :laughing:

Ok, I have a different kind of story. It's Pixie Dust for some of us left at home....a little off center. I hope I don't offend anyone....but here I go....I'll give you TWO stories for the price of one. (getting better and better!)

I have a cousin - VERY opinionated.....and pushy about it. Funny thing....she belongs to a church and most there.....are the same way. (ps....they don't like gay people)...thier loss. OK,ok, I digress here.

Well, my cousin's church raised $$$$ for an entire year for their choir to travel to WDW and perform (know where I'm going with this yet?).

Yes, you guessed it......there were there the first weekend in June.....Gay Days. Of course I got the giggles when she told us.....and broke out in BIG LAUGHTER when she finished the story.........

They decided that it would be nice to have matching Tee shirts for their performance at the MK on Saturday. Yea...you guessed it. They choose RED Tee shirts (the color you wear when you are participating in the weekend). Did someone send her a "gotcha"?

She told me all of this after a Gay Day weekend I spent at WDW (didn't know it at the time I booked).

There I was, standing in line at BTMRR on a solo trip. I had just politely refused an invitation to a party (I would blush just typing the description) so I faced the other way and said......Hello!

He was a tall New Yorker....kind of nice if you could get past the accent. We shared interest in so many things.....history, sports, family. Of course he was wonderful.....he was wearing one of those RED SHIRTS! We actually spent the better part of our last 2 days together (waking hours, of course). I kept saying to myself......."why are all the good ones gay"!!!!!!!

He took my number and called me EVERY DAY after we got home.....why was this gay guy calling me?????? Well, guess what....I ASKED.....he WASN'T and we were married in June of 2007! Talk about a happy ending!!!!

Ok, I let someone else talk now....have a good night!

Ok, I have a different kind of story. It's Pixie Dust for some of us left at home....a little off center. I hope I don't offend anyone....but here I go....I'll give you TWO stories for the price of one. (getting better and better!)

I have a cousin - VERY opinionated.....and pushy about it. Funny thing....she belongs to a church and most there.....are the same way. (ps....they don't like gay people)...thier loss. OK,ok, I digress here.

Well, my cousin's church raised $$$$ for an entire year for their choir to travel to WDW and perform (know where I'm going with this yet?).

Yes, you guessed it......there were there the first weekend in June.....Gay Days. Of course I got the giggles when she told us.....and broke out in BIG LAUGHTER when she finished the story.........

They decided that it would be nice to have matching Tee shirts for their performance at the MK on Saturday. Yea...you guessed it. They choose RED Tee shirts (the color you wear when you are participating in the weekend). Did someone send her a "gotcha"?

She told me all of this after a Gay Day weekend I spent at WDW (didn't know it at the time I booked).

There I was, standing in line at BTMRR on a solo trip. I had just politely refused an invitation to a party (I would blush just typing the description) so I faced the other way and said......Hello!

He was a tall New Yorker....kind of nice if you could get past the accent. We shared interest in so many things.....history, sports, family. Of course he was wonderful.....he was wearing one of those RED SHIRTS! We actually spent the better part of our last 2 days together (waking hours, of course). I kept saying to myself......."why are all the good ones gay"!!!!!!!

He took my number and called me EVERY DAY after we got home.....why was this gay guy calling me?????? Well, guess what....I ASKED.....he WASN'T and we were married in June of 2007! Talk about a happy ending!!!!

Ok, I let someone else talk now....have a good night!

I think that is a great story. Im glad you shared it with us. And that is to funny about your cousin. I always tell my daughter people are people are people no matter what color, accent, religion etc. Under neath we all have feelings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter