Have you ever experienced anything neg at WDW?

This was actually something I've been a little worried about - I've never come across any problems before, but the fiancé and I are having our wedding there in November 2015, and I'm worried about other guests while we walk around in our "Groom" and "Groom" shirts.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! I'm planning ours right now, and boy, we should have eloped!

Totally understand your concern. I felt that way when I went for our engagement trip as well and had a photo session in both Epcot and Castaway Cay. Other guests will probably look at you for a moment, but then they leave you alone (if they don't come up and congratulate you - which happened to us...over and over again at both locations). We were wearing our matching "I'll be Your Mickey" t-shirts.

We're taking our honeymoon in Aulani in the fall, so I'll let you know how that goes. So far, so good with all the cast members with whom I've been interacting.

My girlfriend and I have gone to Disney World for the past two years. Both years we went during Gay Days.

The only negative experience I can think of was when we were in line for Tower of Terror in 2012. I guess I was holding my girlfriend's hand, or we did something that was "gay." There was this mother with two daughters, and one of the daughters asked the mother "why God created gay people." The mother said some nasty remark, and negatively discussed homosexuality and God with her daughters, they were in line RIGHT behind us. How rude!

That's the only thing I can think of- hopefully I won't jinx it. We're going to Gay Days again this year, so I'm hoping it will go smoothly like in the past.

Some time ago, My best friend Dennis and his boyfriend were standing in line at big thunder mountain where the line is outside and this white guy was like "fags" and he just wouldn't stop. "You're sick and you're going to hell. Koksucker." But they deserved it because they were showing PDA which is a big no no around the children.

But usually people need to stop showing PDA gay or str8.

I'm a straight woman who is 100% supportive of gay rights and marriage equality. (As I like to say, Straight, not Narrow.) I've been to WDW 7 times (planning #8!) and I've been to Disneyland countless times. Twice I've been there during Gay Days. The last time I proudly wore a red shirt to show my support.

I have never, ever seen anything I wouldn't want my 8 year old daughter to see. And I've seen one or two T-shirts that made me laugh out loud. (My favorite - "Nope, didn't wear this red shirt by mistake.")

It makes me sad that in this day and age people still make stupid comments, and I hope to live to see a future where it doesn't happen anymore.

Some time ago, My best friend Dennis and his boyfriend were standing in line at big thunder mountain where the line is outside and this white guy was like "fags" and he just wouldn't stop. "You're sick and you're going to hell. Koksucker." But they deserved it because they were showing PDA which is a big no no around the children.

But usually people need to stop showing PDA gay or str8.

I have seen straight couples holding hands & kissing (more then once & more then a quick kiss) at the parks. And I have never heard anyone yelling at the straight people. LGBT couples holding hands or having a quick kiss shouldn't be a problem any more than for a straight couple. Also, I don't think yelling "fags" or K*#*&^ is appropriate behavior especially in front of children. Not words I would want the small children in our family repeating later! NO one deserves that type of treatment. There are other ways to address issues of too much PDA if that was the case.

I was just at DHS this past friday for the start of Star Wars weekend..And it was gay days (( Im a married straight woman with 2 kids)) i support the gay community,I havent been to Disney during gay days..And as soon as I pulled into the parking lot, i was sadden to see a plane in the air with a banner that read "WARNING" its gay days at Disney :( ...Come on I hate that in this day and age I had to see a WARNING... But a proud moment for me my daughter is 15 and during the HOT day we was sitting on a bench drinking some water taking a break and across from us was 2 men just relaxing and slightly cuddling..I asked my daughter how does that make her feel...Just was curious ..She looked right at me and said " mom i think its adorable to just see people happy...I dont care if its man/woman...woman/woman.. or man/man.. I was so proud of her for being in her teens and just being open enough to not judge others!!!

I was just at DHS this past friday for the start of Star Wars weekend..And it was gay days (( Im a married straight woman with 2 kids)) i support the gay community,I havent been to Disney during gay days..And as soon as I pulled into the parking lot, i was sadden to see a plane in the air with a banner that read "WARNING" its gay days at Disney :( ...Come on I hate that in this day and age I had to see a WARNING... But a proud moment for me my daughter is 15 and during the HOT day we was sitting on a bench drinking some water taking a break and across from us was 2 men just relaxing and slightly cuddling..I asked my daughter how does that make her feel...Just was curious ..She looked right at me and said " mom i think its adorable to just see people happy...I dont care if its man/woman...woman/woman.. or man/man.. I was so proud of her for being in her teens and just being open enough to not judge others!!!

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter