Have you ever disliked someone and couldn't figure out why?

This has happened to me a few times actually, and at first i thought it was just me , but i found the more i was around them that no matter what i thought i just didn't like them.

Lol, this JUST happened to me! For the longest time I couldn't put my finger on why I disliked someone. Then it finally dawned on me last Sunday - all she likes to talk about is herself. Literally, that's all she talks about. Absolutely no interest in what you've done, she just goes on and on about what she's done and seen and bought, you get the idea.

I must be slow on the uptake. But thankfully I don't see this person very often.

I think a lot of times the person reminds you of someone from your past that did you harm. Might be in looks, might be in behavior. It's hard to get past that. My little quirk is meeting someone who has the same (somewhat uncommon) name of a girl who was the biggest bully in my grade school. She would knock smaller children down and sit on them until they said "______ is the Queen of the School." I was the sat-on one several times. Now, when I meet someone who says "Hi, my name is ________", I have to take a deep breath and get past the name. Silly to be that way at my age, but sometimes the past keeps coming back and biting you on the rear end.

So true about being reminded of other people. I had a coworker that I disliked intensely, she was a social butterfly and to me obnoxiously loud. I couldn't quite put my finger on it until she said how she met her husband. I couldn't believe she admitted she married him based on his money.

I don't know why I am so bothered by gold diggers digging in someone else's pocket but I just find it low.

Ana

Yes! Sometimes people just rub me the wrong way... it's nothing particular. Usually as I end up around them more I realize that my first feelings about them were correct lol. It doesn't happen too often though.

Yep! And most of the time something eventually happens and I'm like that's why I felt that way! lol

Yes! Have been in this situation since a new co-worker started about 3 months ago. Could not figure out what I just did not like about her.

This week it has come to light! She is pretentious and feels everyone should accommodate her schedule.

Some people just give
Bad vibes.

There is always the possibility that you are just an excellent judge of character. I am close to a girl who gets along with just about everybody. Every now and then, though, she will meet someone and just doesn't care for them. Rarely can she pinpoint what it is, but she says that that person just rubs her the wrong way. Just about every time, it later comes to light that this person is not the best of people (a gossip, backstabber, etc.) and so many people are blindsided. I've learned to trust my friend's instincts.

Supposedly, most children are the same way.

Back in 2002, DH and I were at his sister's house. We went to her neighbor's house to look at their pond. It was a husband and wife. The husband was nice, and so was the wife, but for some odd reason I immediately didn't like her. I couldn't figure out why, so after we left, I just let it go. Fast forward two years. The husband went missing. His body was found two weeks later in a desert area. His wife had shot him multiple times. Sick!!!!! So I guess when I met her, I sensed something just wasn't right about her.

OH my word!

Back in 2002, DH and I were at his sister's house. We went to her neighbor's house to look at their pond. It was a husband and wife. The husband was nice, and so was the wife, but for some odd reason I immediately didn't like her. I couldn't figure out why, so after we left, I just let it go. Fast forward two years. The husband went missing. His body was found two weeks later in a desert area. His wife had shot him multiple times. Sick!!!!! So I guess when I met her, I sensed something just wasn't right about her.

Usually, you get this feeling from people whose facial cues, body language and words don't all match. That creepy feeling that something is just "off". In some cases, it may be that this is a perfectly nice person, just completely socially awkward, in others, you get the spouse murdering psycho.

You'll also get that feeling when the person has features that you've associated with something bad in your subconcious.

I am naturally very polite but reserved with new people and virtually NEVER like anybody the first time I meet them. Knowing this about myself I am very careful to basically "throw away" those initial judgements and give us both a chance to get to know one another.

I have met people I have disliked but couldn't figure out why. They were nice and I am nice but we didn't mesh. There was nothing sinister.

When it happens, I am polite to that person but I don't seek them out to socialize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter