• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever cried on a ride before?

No ride, really.

Fantasmic gets me during the "Imagination" song.

Wishes, naturally.

Illuminations, at the end.

Oh, and when I was 4, I cried on POTC. I was terrified!

I cry on day 1 everytime time we go to WDW - walking down Main Street and seeing the castle and being so happy we are vacationing in our favorite place on Earth. My Dh does not get it and my DS always has a tissue for me :rotfl:

I guess I just love WDW :goodvibes

I get teary eyed on the ME bus from the airport, because I'm finally there after all my planning:goodvibes

I also get teary eyed when we get off what I know will be our last ride of the trip, and pretty much full on cry during wishes the last night time each trip:sad:

I also cry during Wishes..for obvious reasons. I also get very teary on Peter Pan's Flight. I lost one of my best friends suddenly during my senior year of HS. Peter Pan was her favorite movie, so when I went to Disney on my senior trip, I about lost it on that ride. It reminded me so much of her! I can't wait to ride it again with my mom in May. I know mom will get the same feeling riding it as I did.

Not on a ride, that I can think of, but looking at pictures later about a ride, absolutely. And, walking through the archway to see the castle, and leaving on the last day of the trip, even if we've been there for 2 weeks, and watching commercials about WDW and................

And what is really funny is that when I planned the 2005 trip, it was going to be the only one. I didn't understand why anyone would want to go back to the same place over and over again. We have friend, widow with no children, who goes with friends at least once per year. I thought she was crazy.

Now.........I'm the crazy one. I only don't cry at the mention if I currently have a looming trip. If I don't know when I'm going back, I bawl like a baby.

Mary

For som ereason Festival of the Lion King gets me every time:) Seeing wishes on You Tube has also given me a tear, when Tink flies across to Tomorrowland:angel:

OMG, Festival of the Lion King gets me too! It's such a good show and I was just overwhelmed with emotions watching it with my kids and seeing how excited they were!

i cry twice each year actually. when i pay the TA and when i get home and add it all up again:)

One Man's Dream- I'm so fascinated by Walt's life and his creative and imaginative genius, that it gets me every time!

Yep, me too. First time on Soarin - just like you. Also almost every time at FOTLK - something about hearing that "Circle of Life" song with my kids...

Me too (FOTLK)! I just bought the cd at AK so I can listen to it whenever I want. I am pretty much weepy with happy tears throughout the entire performance. It doesn't matter how many times I see it.

Count me in the "Mushy Males" club too. I haven't teared up on a ride but I, and my DW, have both teared up during the opening show outside MK when Mickey and friends arrive on the train. I also tear up every time I hear Jiminy singing "When You Wish Upon a Star" at the end of wishes. :rolleyes1

The American Adventure in Epcot -- at the end, when they sing "America ... lift your golden wings..." I always feel like such a sap : )

And Wishes -- how can you not??? !!!!

I second that! I get teary-eyed everytime I go into The American Adventure. First is when they sing that song about the two brothers going off to war, one for the North and one for the South and how only one came home... then the last song that you mentioned. I think its just stopping to think about how far our country's come and what we've had to sacrifice to get there that makes me so emotional!!!

I am a blubblering idiot, American Adventure gets me teary eyed, Wishes I tear up ...and of all things "the parade" ,when the characters wave to me i have to look away, I fill up. And I am 38 years old. I love the quote under someones name..."Disney is my Prozac" ...it so is....

So add me to the Mushy Male club...Whatta sap.

Hey!
I didn't know there was a club! Count me in! :thumbsup2
:goodvibes

For what it's worth, and I'm showing my age here ... I will always remember when Burt Reynolds was a guest on the Mike Douglas show and they were both talking about how emotional they could get. Burt Reynolds said, "I cry at stop lights!". I figured if this macho stunt-man turned actor could admit it so could I!

Dave

Also almost every time at FOTLK - something about hearing that "Circle of Life" song with my kids...

You and me, both, sister! That music ALWAYS brings a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye. Especially since one of my favorite Disney memories is when my then 3-year-old daughter proclaimed (watching the arial performers at the FOTLK) that she wanted to grow up to be a bird.

Tracie

I cried during the rope drop show when all the characters came in on the train. I'm a dork.

dork me as well. our first trip, 2 adults. (40 and 42) havent been since i was 10. and that darn preshow. i could barely see the castle i was crying so much. my husband was alittle concerned at how much of a basket case i was. but hah- our first ride he cried on space mountain. he was remembering riding it with his brother. wow disney really gets embedded in your dna.

kate

I cried on the monorail once. It was after I'd lost my DD (she was 7 at the time). By the time I found her, I was an emotional disaster. She'd been missing for about 15 minutes. For the rest of the day, I was on the verge of tears, but it really didn't have anything to do with the attractions.

DD threw pennies through out the ride for her maw-maw in heaven. OK crying now :lmao:

Wow, what a touching, cute story. Thanks for sharing it.

Personally, I would have had DD throwing kisses instead of pennies -- I'm sure the maintenance crews have enough to do without cleaning mangled pennies out of the machinery...

As for me, the crying usually comes after I get home and open the credit card bill.

Yeah, count me in the Mushy Man Club, too. My wife and I went for our 10 yr anniv in 2007 and there were a few times I teared up. American Adventure got to me pretty good. My wife asked me as we exited if I had been crying. I, of course, shook and my head and said no. She chuckled, slipped her hand in mine and whispered in my ear, "That's why I love you, honey." She darn near got the water works going again.

The other moment was when I surprised my wife with a Gifts of a Lifetime moment and it was sooooo hot that day, there we were by Cinderella's Wish Well, my wife started bawling, which led to me crying, which combined with the sweat dripping into our eyes, which led to more crying and then we both started laughing so hard that we because we couldn't stop crying which led to even more crying.

The last one happened just a few weeks ago. My folks never had a whole lot of money,having 5 kids and all. We went to WDW a few times, mostly when I was a teenager but never with the whole family because the money just wasn't there to do it. I was the youngest so I always got to go.
I'm grown now with 5 kids of my own and when I told my dad that we had booked our upcoming trip and we are taking all of the kids my dad teared up a bit, mentioned that was something he and my mom had never been able to do for all of his kids. I was ok until he turned to me with tears in his eyes and said, "Bring back some memories for me too." THAT was when I lost it.

Although I had been to WDW 35 times in my 41 years of living...I had not been there in 15+ or so years because of having degenerating hips which were both replaced a few years back. My brother from Michigan (I live in Florida) kept pestering me to take my wife & come along with the family...always said no thanks.

Well finally gave in last year... 1 week stay at OKW. When we first entered the Magic Kingdom and I saw the castle down Main Street, I started to cry...had my sunglasses on so I was able to hide it... but the truth is I felt like I was visiting a long lost friend...

Seeing how MK and EPCOT Center (it will always be Center to me! :) ) are my favorite parks, we ended up buying at BLT (which is another coincidence since as a child I was always fascinated with the Contemporary Resort.

I have cried on Soarin and Philharmagic...just because I was so happy and sentimental.

I cried on Mission Space as I was trying not to throw up! :sick::sick::sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter