Have you ever "called in"?

Dancind

Tinkerbell's Mom
Instead of physically checking in? We have guests staying with us for two nights and three days of touring in late March. We will be checking out of a 2 BR at OKW on the third day, and heading to MGM with our friends. They have never been to WDW, so I'm reluctant to ask them to accompany us to BCV first so we can check into our studio for the final two nights of our stay. Big chunk out of their day, I would think. Anyway, was thinking I might call BC front desk, explain that we will be there later, and reiterate our requests, especially the non-smoking. We don't expect Epcot view, but a quiet (away from the road) room would be really nice. Then maybe we'll have our luggage transferred instead of leaving it in the car all day. Do you think this would work?

Transferring the luggage with the bell men/valet won't be a problem, but I don't know about the "calling" in. That I will leave to the experts on the board.

Also - your guests may like to see BCV and take the walk by SAB out to the pier to catch the boat to MGM. You can also park your car at BCV since you are checking instead of MGM.

Good luck!

You might want to just go over to BCV early before meeting your guests and check-in. The room may not be ready, but you'll get your key and can express your requests again verbally. You can then enjoy the parks and easily get your room assignment over the phone during the day- without having to wait at the desk again.

Enjoy!

Sheryl, that was exactly what I was thinking of doing, but don't want to impose on our guests if they want to get going early. And we don't usually get going that early except for DH. Maybe I'll just send him over. The thought of trying to "meet up" at a certain time at WDW just seems impractical. Too many variables. Diana

boy another thing I miss - OKW used to have a way to do checkin over the phone - you gave them your credit card and everything - then when you arrived at the resort you got a package with all the information inside - complete with your room key.

they stopped it - say enough members didn't use it. my thoughts were the day the computers were down and all the DVC members who did not use this system were standing around in the lobby waiting for the computers to come up to get their keys and rooms - we did not have that problem - so our room was ready - boy did I get alot of looks that day. I was surprised when a month or so later they cancelled this program.

but yes I would go by BCV early in the morning - you can check in by 7:00am (although some people have say they checked in arlier). bell services can transfer your luggage while you are in the parks.

You can't really "check in" over the phone. Until you physically show up and leave the credit card for incidental expenses you are not checked in. You can call and reiterate your room request but I don't see a whole lot of point to it. You might want to call BCV when you get to OKW and see if you have been assigned a room and then mention your requests so they will be taken care of before your check in day. I would agree that going over to BCV and leaving your car there would be the thing to do- its maybe a 20 minute walk into MGM from there or a boat ride. You could also drop them off at the studios and then meet them. Cell phones can keep you in touch to meet up.

they stopped it - say enough members didn't use it.

I don't think the reason they stopped Express Check-In was because members didn't use it. I was told it had to end when the members outnumbered the non-members. The line would have been at the Express desk since theoretically almost everyone could have "expressed". I do agree that there was something that made you feel special when you just walked in and were handed your key and paperwork. ;)

As to the original post -- As others have said, you can't check-in by phone, you have to do it in person. Making a call would be similar to the member coming in on a late flight who calls to let them know that they're still coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter