• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever brought a towel animal home?

I have'nt brought any home. But I do have lots of pictures and wonderful memories of them.
Linda ::MinnieMo

Yes..... were we not souposed to? lol

I figure 495.00 a night, i can have a .20 cents washcloth.

WOW IM GRUMPY THIS MORNING.

Still waiting for my AP rates!

Yes, because the mousekeeping supervisor told me that they were a gift and to please take them home. I agree for what we paid at the GF they could certainly afford to "give" us the towel animals but I wouldn't have taken them home if they hadn't told me they were a gift.

Yes. Our mousekeeper said it was ours to keep. :flower:

Now here come the responses that I am "stealing". :rolleyes:

Yes, I admit I took some this past April. I have decorated my daughters bathroom totally Mickey. It looks great! The towel animals are in there too..it's just another reminder of our awesome Disney trips. All of her friends think they are terrific & want to get them too.

"Have you ever brought a towel animal home?"

No, but I do bring home the robes, the ice buckets, the lightbulbs and the clockradio!!!

I haven't but my 80yo Dad did!lol I didn't know it until we got home and I saw it sitting on his dresser. I've turned him completely into a WDW nut.hehe

Sorry, but I think it's not right to take towels from a resort. Just asking a CM is scary. It's not right to take a resort's towels home.

So, next comes the part where someone says, "But CMs tell you to take them", and someone else says "It's still wrong", and then we'll start the "what kind of example are you setting for your children"....am I getting this right? ;)

Wow, I didn't know anyone would even consider taking them home. Interesting.

Just for the record I didn't specifically ask to take our towel animals home. I was commenting to the supervisor how cute they were (after we had terrible problems with mousekeeping) and how it was the first time we had ever gotten them. It was the mousekeeping Supervisor who told me to take them home and enjoy., Obviously people on the boards know more than the mousekeeping supervisor but I'll take the supervisor's word for it.

DisneyMomx7 said:
, Obviously people on the boards know more than the mousekeeping supervisor but I'll take the supervisor's word for it.

Well, obviously!!! ;)

You're fine! Enjoy it! People just love to catfight about towel animals, I've noticed! It's obviously a touchy subject for some reason. (towel animal envy? ;) )

We were told my the mousekeeper in the note she wrote to my dd7 (my dd had written her a big thank you note) that the towel animals were for us to keep....most of them were even markered on in the making. We did take some...just chose carefully the smaller, more compact, cutest, most intricate ones. Don't know how all of yours were made, but ours were made with washcloths or towels (depending on animal size), pipe cleaners, rubber bands, stickers, and marker. We even double checked when the mousekeeping supervisor called to check that our rooms had been ok so far. She too told us that they are for us to keep as souvenirs.

We left most of them, though, anyway... made of multiple towels, big, not markered on so re-usable IMO, and didn't want to be greedy! We got, I believe, 19 towel animals (including a multi-towel swimming pool) and brought home 5 small ones.

Maybe I did wrong, it seemed to me that there was no question they were intended to keep since we had it in writing from the mousekeeper, and on the phone from the supervisor of mousekeeping. I suppose if I did wrong, I will bring them back next trip and leave them in my room. OOPS!

If they told you they were your's to take home, you didn't do anything wrong by taking them. I just always assumed you shouldn't take them. Has anyone ever been told to take them home from a value resort? Just curious if it's only at the deluxes.

Hey! Am I the only one in the world who never got one? We've stayed at all of the Deluxes, and plenty of the other's, we've had the kids' stuffed animals laid out in cute displays, but in dozens of trips over the years, not one towel animal.

What gives????? :earboy2:

Miss Inga Depointe said:
Hey! Am I the only one in the world who never got one? We've stayed at all of the Deluxes, and plenty of the other's, we've had the kids' stuffed animals laid out in cute displays, but in dozens of trips over the years, not one towel animal.

What gives????? :earboy2:
I just got back from my 12th visit to WDW where I received my first and only towel animal...and yeah I brought it home!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter