• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever been somewhere "haunted" and experienced something?

Stepharoonie!

<font color=teal>NOTHING is scarier than Wilford B
The store I work at is supposed to be haunted. It also has the oldest (still working) elevator in all of Florida in it.

The store is 3 stories tall, but we only use the ground floor. I understand that the second floor is used for storage for the landlord and the third floor is empty.

The store was once a General Store, owned by an older woman who lived on the second floor. She lived there until she died, and then the building became a slew of different things (now a comic store).

There were tales that the store was haunted by the old woman, and "weird happenings" were reported. It's now known as one of the more haunted places in Kissimmee. They even have a ghost tour that takes you there, and they tell some stories about it. The elevator is supposed to go up and down by itself at night (thank GOD I've never been there for that!) and the women's bathroom is *very* haunted.

When I first transferred to this store last year, one of my first days working with the manager was reeaalllly odd. We were talking at the front counter, and this woman came in. She looked around for a bit, then asked to use the bathroom (the store is divided into 3 rooms...the bathroom was in the middle room). She went in, and was gone for a good 20-30 minutes. At first, we thought maybe she'd left through the backdoor, but never heard the bathroom door reopen. Finally, she came out and we asked if everything was ok. She smiled and said that she was "having the most lovely conversation with the old woman in the bathroom".

My manager and I froze and looked at each other. There was no one else in the building other than the three of us.

We told the woman this, went into the bathroom with her again to check, and she turned quite pale when we found no one in there. We never saw her again.

A few weeks later, I was in the bathroom and could hear the water in the sink turning on and off in the next stall. I freaked out, ran into the showroom and told my manager. He laughed at me, and went into the bathroom by himself. He literally ran out a few moments later and told me to never go into the bathroom again unless I could help it. He never stepped foot in there himself again.

Finally, everyday at 11 a.m. SHARP we hear these noises from the ceiling. It's the same every single day. For about two hours, it sounds like someone is either walking around or moving furniture on the second floor. It's very loud, and very noticeable. The first few days I didn't think much about it, but on the third or fourth day I told my coworker about it. We stopped and listened, but couldn't figure out what it was. Finally, we called the police. They came in with shotguns cocked and ready to go, and ran up the stairs (we didn't dare do it in case there WAS someone up there).

They came back downstairs and said that not only was it vacant, but the dust is quite settled and hasn't been disturbed in ages.

So, everyday, I hear someone...something...who knows? walking around up there for 2 hours. I listened to it for quite awhile today and wondered if I ever unlocked the door, if something would come out.

SPOOKY!!

What about you??

You gave me chills. We bought our first home a few years back. There was a constant "presence" in that place. Something eerie we couldn't explain. Only it seemed to be in the Master Bedroom for the most part. My husband would wake up at night shaking because he swore he would see a male figure of sorts lingering over our bed.

We noticed our dog wouldn't even come into our room. He would stand about 5 feet from the entrance to the room and start barking and growling for no appearant reason-- we'd be in the living room watching TV. It actually started getting to the point that we began sleeping in the living room. We didn't want to go in that room.

One night we were having bad T-storms. DS (then about 8) woke me up-- off the couch (where I was sleeping while DH took the recliner pretty much every night for months). He didn't like storms. I was really tired so I went to his room and laid down w/ him for awhile. I fell asleep but woke up because I distinctly heard heavy footsteps in the hallway leaving his room going towards the living room. I assumed it was DH so I got up to follow. In an instant I got chills-- DH was SOUNDLY sleeping as was the dog. I was totally freaked out. The sound of footsteps was very loud!!! (The thunder storm had stopped hours before).

After only 11 months we moved- thankfully it sold quickly. We had moved most our stuff, but hadn't been there in about 6 weeks. We had to go get the last of our stuff out because it was sold. So we went in the evening one night-- and DH went to the door-- opened it and slammed it shut after about 30 seconds. He said there was such an awful energy that he couldn't enter. He said it was like the doorway was electrified w/ something evil. We never got the stuff-- we left it!!

When we bought the house it was only 7 years old. It was a foreclosure. We got the place for a song. Anyhow-- it needed a lot of work. Many of the walls had curse words in black paint on them-- as well as Satan--- and satanic messages. It should of been our first clue. It was just such a great place and the cost was great.

Ugh-- I get freaked just writing about it. BTW, it's no longer there. We moved and it was sold. It looked abandoned again for awhile, then next thing I know it was demolished. I don't know the story. I never could find out why. I do know the owners still own the property. But it's been almost 2 years and nothing new has been put there!!

well I know I wouldn't unlock the door! Or go tho the bathroom!:scared1: I get spooked very easily!

Is this your first haunting experience?

I have grown up being able to sense the ghosts and spirits around us. Thought I was crazy but mom reconfirmed my belief, it runs in the family.

I have had a number of experiences. My first was my great grandfather as a child. He appeared one night. My first job was also haunted very much. We just always had odd things happening. Staplers being moved, things dropping, turning around and something was missing. It always felt eery, especially a certain door and a bathroom. I decided to investigate, turns out 2 brutal murders happened there years apart. One in the bathroom and one at the door. Go figure. One ghost was nice, more funny and played tricks on us. The other was more angry, tried to keep us out of the bathroom. We obliged! I hated going in that bathroom every week. The cats wouldn't even go in.

My grandfather has made himself known twice since his death too. My father owned a home that he rented out. I was cleaning it one night alone and my radio was turned down on 2 occasions. I didn't think anything of it, bad signal. the third time, it was unplugged. I ran out fast. Told my dad he bought a haunted home, never believed me till 2 girls moved in, during a party a glass elevated and slammed against the wall on its own. Scared everyone! They brought in a professional who said exactly what i did, it was a guy who didnt' like lound noise. They talked to him and made a deal, no loud music if he stayed quiet. Only once in a blue moon would he leave a door open after that.

I have many more tales....if you need any advice let me know. don't be scared (hard to do), just make sure to respect the building and the old woman will leave you be. She is just watching over her home.

Originally posted by kilee

When we bought the house it was only 7 years old. It was a foreclosure. We got the place for a song. Anyhow-- it needed a lot of work. Many of the walls had curse words in black paint on them-- as well as Satan--- and satanic messages. It should of been our first clue. It was just such a great place and the cost was great.

Ugh-- I get freaked just writing about it. BTW, it's no longer there. We moved and it was sold. It looked abandoned again for awhile, then next thing I know it was demolished. I don't know the story. I never could find out why. I do know the owners still own the property. But it's been almost 2 years and nothing new has been put there!!

:scared::scared1::scared:

MAN! And now it's time to go to bed...dangit!! I knew I should have waited until the morning to post this :)

Originally posted by luvdisney81
I have many more tales....if you need any advice let me know. don't be scared (hard to do), just make sure to respect the building and the old woman will leave you be. She is just watching over her home.

I'm not too bothered by the things in the store anymore...I'm there almost every single day, so it's almost....normal to hear the sounds. It's still kinda freaky though. :scared:

I love ghostie stories. My exBF lived in a building that was known to be haunted. He and a few other friends supposedly saw stuff, but the people who lived there had tons of stories.

The only mystery I was involved with was when I was trying to take a nap one day. I very distinctly heard the front door open and close and someone walk in. Didn't think anything of it as BF had a roommate, but I mentioned it later that night and roommate had been out of town. Those 2 were always smokin' something, so who knows?

When I was a kid my bedroom was at the top of the stairs. The house was old and had been in the family for a while.

Many nights after I went to bed I would hear footsteps coming up the stairs. My door was always open a bit and the hall light on, so anyone coming up would have to pass in plain sight. Too often, the footsteps were there, but nobody ever passed by my door.

I remember telling my mother about it and she told me it must be my imagination. Now, I do have a pretty good imagination, but if I imagined footsteps, I think I would have also imagined someone making them.

This was about 50 years ago and I don't remember being scared, just puzzled. I don't recall anyone else ever saying they heard them.

WE visited The Myrtles in St Francisville LA a while back, supposedly "the most haunted house in America" :rolleyes: Wonderful tour and legend and we got to take one photo inside-of the mirror that supposedly had the spirit of a dead child's image 'frozen" on it I really was not a believer....until we develped the picture, and a face of a boy is very clear in the mirror! :eek:

Never experienced anything myself but know a family who has a "ghost" in ther house.
Lady has been in the shower and felt a hand on her shoulder only to turn and no one there. One night the family was watching a movie and talked about poppoing corn but no one got up to do it. Low and behold a few mins later corn was onn the stove the old fashined way popped and ready to eat.
One night at supper, peanut butter jar started sliding across the bar by itself.
Heres the real kicker! My sisters FIL went to these folks house one night....while sitting and talking he saw a older lady, white dress, floating down the stairs towards the area he was sitting. He describes her as having no feet. The family said Oh thats just Nellie. Shes a nice ghost.
Sisters FIL never went back in that house. I know this family. They are very nice down to earth folks. They dont talk openly about this unless asked. They arent kooky or out there kinda people so it leads me to believe that there are unexplained things that I havent seen.
Its good to know there might truly bve some Casper the friendly ghosts too!!

Here is my story:

We live in a haunted house. Let me start at the beginning. We had been married for 9 years when we moved into a large Victorian, with no prospect of having a child. (Medical problems)

We moved in at the end of February. The fireplace had been converted to a gas fireplace and I loved it!! After about 3 weeks I thought that maybe there was a carbon monoxide leak, because I was exhausted and could barely keep my eyes open. We had it checked and it was fine.The exhaustion continued and I finally went to the doctor. I was pregnant!!! 3 months pregnant!! Timing showed I was pregnant just 3 weeks after moving in. We were thrilled.

Fast forward to about a month before the birth of our DD. The nursery was done and we were ready! Several times DH would enter the room and think I was in there singing to myself. I was not. He asked me about it and I said "wasnt me". Gave birth to DD on her exact due date and brought her home 2 days later. We both heard singing in her room and giggling. When DH and I would walk into her room to get her we would feel a chill.

Ok, 16 months later, I give birth to a DS! (on his due date!) What a blessing. This is when all hell breaks loose. We bring him home during the worst of Hurricane Floyd. (of course the rain stopped just long enough to bring him home).

DD is now talking to someone who is not there and giggling. Both DH and I feel a presence in the home and its not a good feeling. I sleep downstairs one night and see a ghost! It was a gentleman in bankers clothing and a handlebar mustache. He does not acknowledge me, just walks across the room. I again see him a week later.

Later that month, a DF of DH is visiting and I see DF standing at the bottom of the stairs. (DH is upstairs) I say," what are you doing?" He looks at me scared to death and says," I just saw a ghost. A woman, and she did not want me here" With that he left immediately. DH comes down and says, what just happened. I told him and he ran upstairs and "oohhed and oohhed" out the window. DF was not amused. Called us from his cell and said he was not kidding.

Shortly after this, I had had enough!! I stood in DDs room and said aloud " This is our house, you had your time here and now it is our time. I understand that you love our children, but they are our children, not yours. You can stay, but you need to leave my children alone, NOW!!

DD had several sightings after that but eventually things were normal again. DD is now 6 and DS 4. We have all had the feeling that they are still here and I had only 1 sighting since my tyrade and it was the woman with a small child in a hall leading to DDs room.

Also wanted to add, that DD has been sleeping in the top bunk of DSs room for about a year and half now. She will not sleep in her room. (We never discussed the fact that we have ghosts with her.) When we ask her about it she says "I like it better in here".

Wishing everyone a "magical" day!:wave:

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle739
Here is my story:

We live in a haunted house. Let me start at the beginning. We had been married for 9 years when we moved into a large Victorian, with no prospect of having a child. (Medical problems)

We moved in at the end of February. The fireplace had been converted to a gas fireplace and I loved it!! After about 3 weeks I thought that maybe there was a carbon monoxide leak, because I was exhausted and could barely keep my eyes open. We had it checked and it was fine.The exhaustion continued and I finally went to the doctor. I was pregnant!!! 3 months pregnant!! Timing showed I was pregnant just 3 weeks after moving in. We were thrilled.

Fast forward to about a month before the birth of our DD. The nursery was done and we were ready! Several times DH would enter the room and think I was in there singing to myself. I was not. He asked me about it and I said "wasnt me". Gave birth to DD on her exact due date and brought her home 2 days later. We both heard singing in her room and giggling. When DH and I would walk into her room to get her we would feel a chill.

Ok, 16 months later, I give birth to a DS! (on his due date!) What a blessing. This is when all hell breaks loose. We bring him home during the worst of Hurricane Floyd. (of course the rain stopped just long enough to bring him home).

DD is now talking to someone who is not there and giggling. Both DH and I feel a presence in the home and its not a good feeling. I sleep downstairs one night and see a ghost! It was a gentleman in bankers clothing and a handlebar mustache. He does not acknowledge me, just walks across the room. I again see him a week later.

Later that month, a DF of DH is visiting and I see DF standing at the bottom of the stairs. (DH is upstairs) I say," what are you doing?" He looks at me scared to death and says," I just saw a ghost. A woman, and she did not want me here" With that he left immediately. DH comes down and says, what just happened. I told him and he ran upstairs and "oohhed and oohhed" out the window. DF was not amused. Called us from his cell and said he was not kidding.

Shortly after this, I had had enough!! I stood in DDs room and said aloud " This is our house, you had your time here and now it is our time. I understand that you love our children, but they are our children, not yours. You can stay, but you need to leave my children alone, NOW!!

DD had several sightings after that but eventually things were normal again. DD is now 6 and DS 4. We have all had the feeling that they are still here and I had only 1 sighting since my tyrade and it was the woman with a small child in a hall leading to DDs room.

Also wanted to add, that DD has been sleeping in the top bunk of DSs room for about a year and half now. She will not sleep in her room. (We never discussed the fact that we have ghosts with her.) When we ask her about it she says "I like it better in here".

WOW! :earseek:

Here I was thinking I was the only one who had to deal with this type of stuff. Wowsers :)

In my spare time, I volunteer at a haunted house (you know the kind, the ones that scare you around Halloweent) and this haunted house is REALLY haunted. I've had several experiences, including one in which I was pushed down the basement stairs (several of the volunteers have experienced that).

The scariest one that I remember happened one night a couple of years ago. We were dropping something off in the office and I was with a group of guys, including my DH. As we were walking towards the house, we could hear all this banging and crashing. I quickly unlocked the door and the 5 guys took off through the house to catch the intruder as I went to turn off the alarm. The guys came up empty handed. We quickly turned off ALL the lights, I set the alarm, and we locked up to leave. As soon as we started to walk away, we heard the crashing begin again. We just quickened out pace. As we were driving away, the guys in the car in front of us hit the brakes and they all baled out of the car. DH and I hopped out, wondering what was up. One of the guys was completely freaked, screaming that he had just seen a guy in the basement window. I turned to look and the basement light was on! I know that we had turned it off as we always double check that one since it has a tendency to mysteriously turn back on. We went back in and they searched again, unable to find anyone. Turned off all the lights and left. As we drove away, the basement light turned back on.

It is a freaky place and I hate to be out there by myself! But the paranormal interestes me since I can't explain it. In a couple of weeks, I will be spending the night at Moundsville Prison in WV. This was the place that MTV Fear featured on one of their first episodes, with the "sugarshack". There is a group of 25 of us that are going to do some "checking into things". Should be interesting.

If you have a paranormal experience or problem, visit www.ghostvillage.com and check out the message boards. There are many experienced people there that can answer questions for you or even connect you with a group that could "cleanse" your home.

Originally posted by ScarlettO
WE visited The Myrtles in St Francisville LA a while back, supposedly "the most haunted house in America" :rolleyes: Wonderful tour and legend and we got to take one photo inside-of the mirror that supposedly had the spirit of a dead child's image 'frozen" on it I really was not a believer....until we develped the picture, and a face of a boy is very clear in the mirror! :eek:

I sure would like to see that pic if you can scan it! I've always been fascinated by supernatural goings on. Of course,I dont know what I'd do if I actually did experience something!!! We did do the haunted tour at the Myrtles on Halloween but I saw nothing. Not even in the same mirror. We took pictures and everything.

One of my favorite sites for ghost stories is www.ghosts.org

Tinkerbelle739, your story reminds me of a house that we looked at last summer. We've been househunting for a while and are mostly looking at older homes because we love them. In one neighborhood that is pretty much filled with Victorian era homes, there was one house that is known in the neighborhood as the "fertility" house. It seems like every couple who moves there has children at a rate of 1 every 1.5-2 years. Our realtor only knew about the previous 3 couples who had lived there, but the first one about 10 years ago was in their 40's and resigned to the fact that they couldn't have children. They moved into that house and poof, pregnant. They lived there for about 5 years and moved out after their third child was born because they coudln't see having any more.

The second couple was younger and didn't even really think about having kids, but they lived there for 3 years and had two kids, both happy accidents. By the time they had their first child, the house had a reputation among local realtors. They sold the house shortly after they had their second kid considering it too freaky that they had gotten pregnant twice in spite of birth control and didn't want any more kids!

A third couple heard about the house and were having fertility issues and they bought it and successfully had a couple of kids and were now selling the house because they were "done." We passed because we are really not ready to have kids yet, but I thought the whole thing was a little freaky. I didn't hear about any ghosts, just that every woman who moves in there no matter what seems to get pregnant.

A friend of mine owns a house that was built in 1885 in a different state and has a 2 year old who sees "ghosts. " For the longest time, the ghosts didn't really scare her. My friend thinks that young kids, especially babies, have the ability to see ghosts but sort of lose that ability over time. When they are very young, they see the ghosts as solid and real people, so they are not scary... but as they get older and the ability fades a bit, the ghosts look more "ghost-like" and become a scary. My friend's daughter has been caught on more than one occasion "talking" to the ghosts and saying "byebye" to them when her mom comes in the room. When asked who she is talking to, she says "ghosts." My friend is not even sure where she picked up that word as no one remembers teaching it to her, just one day she announced that she was talking to "ghosts."

There are also tons of incidents where toys are turned on and off mysteriously. One day it was bedtime and a toy was playing itself in the corner. My friend got a little annoyed and said "It's bedtime, no more playing tonight!" and it stopped. She thinks that the ghost is probably a small child because they have always experienced lots of little mischevious activity, even before they had a child, but it seems like most of that activity takes place around their daughter. They don't seem really spooked out by it though.

I've got one for everyone. As i'm sure most people know, the french quarter in New Orleans, LA has been around since the early 1700's as a trading post for french people to sell slaves & goods. Tanya & I moved into an apartment on Dumaine st. approx. 1/2 block from the mississippi river that was built in the early 1800's. First you have to understand the layout of the place. There was a gate right by the street that we had to go into to get to our apartment. you open the gate, walk thorugh the courtyard and our apartment was there. It was a 2 story "slave quarter" house with a wall built in the middle of the house to divide it into 2 apartments.

While we lived there, we always heard weird sounds, creaks, the usual; but it was really bad around the spiral staircase to go up to the second floor of the apartment. The apartment was basically 2 flats on top of each other, so there wasn't any "rooms" other than the bathroom on the 2nd floor. Well, after living there for about 7 months we had a weird but cool neighbor move into the apartment next to us. One night we were at her apartment talking about ghosts & the like when she brought out her electro-spectrometer. It's a device that measures "energy" that passes in front of it. Pretty useful if you do electric work or paranormal stuff.

Well, we go over into our apartment with it and the thing starts going crazy. I mean it was bouncing off the walls! We took it outside & it didn't do anything so we were like "ok, maybe it's bad wiring or something". So she said what you NEVER say if you think there are ghosts present. She said "If you're here give us a sign!". Well, 20-30 seconds passed and nothing happened. I went ot turn on the light above our stove and as soon as I turned it on, it went POW and exploded! ok, a little freaked, but hey, bulbs blow all the time right?

Well, I put in a new one & it did the same thing! Went to turn on a light in the living room and POP it blew as well! That night we heard the strange sounds a LOT worse then we ever had before! We were convinced!

Lisa F:

Funny you say that, the summer after we moved in we were talking to a couple who lives behind us and they told us that our house was owned by the chuch at one time (about 100 years ago) and that they used the house for needy families. There were several LARGE families who lived here. One had 7 children!!

The couple we bought the house from were also childless until they moved here. They also have a boy and a girl. The DH cried the day we had settlement and said, "Our babies were born in this house" Literally. They also home-schooled. They moved to NH to open a Bed and Breakfast.

I would love to do a search on our house and find out its colorful past. I do know that this area was a resort location and our house was the proprietors home. It is also rumored to have underground tunnels which were used to transfer slaves north. Which, if it were owned by the church or by someone who was connected to the church, makes sense. We are only about 1/2 mile from a major underground highway stop.

I have two instances: once about 5 years ago when my then husband and I were house hunting, we looked at a place in a very nice suburb of our town. The house was beautiful and in our price range. The kitchen was enormous and just what I wanted. The couple that had previously lived there (and had since retired and moved) had kept a little odds and ends store in their walk-in basement. My ex and the realtor wanted to go check it out, but since the basement was his domain and I was more interested in the bedrooms, I told them I'd meet them on the top floor when they were done. I proceeded to walk up the stairs leading to the third level and stopped about half-way up. The energy pouring down the stairs was paralyzing. I literally could not move my legs up one more step. I stood there frozen until my ex walked up and asked me what was wrong. I told him and he said I was being crazy. It was raining at the time and he thought the storm was bothering me. He drug me upstairs, and we looked through the rooms, the entire time I was clinging to him and shaking. As soon as we went back down the stairs I could feel the release of energy. I told him I was leaving immediately and we were definitely NOT buying that house. He insisted we go back on a nice sunny afternoon to look again. We did; the energy was just the same. I turned around and left and he gave up.

The 2nd story: when we finally did find a house, I discovered an interesting ghost. We have a cat, and for the first few months I thought she was nervous in her new home. As I walking she would dart quickly out in front of me and I would barely escape tripping and falling. This was usually when I was carrying a box or laundry. I was always yelling at her to stop, but could never actually see her...just this blur running away out of the corner of my eye. One evening I was sitting in the TV room, kitty asleep on my lap, and all of a sudden, walking as calmly as you please through our dining room was a gray cat! I jumped a foot and yelled for my ex, insisting that somehow a neighborhood cat had gotten in our house. We searched from top to bottom and determined that 1) there was no cat there and 2) there was no way for a cat to get in. I knew what I saw. For the next six months or so, I would see ghost kitty and say hi, or I'd find my cat sitting in a room staring at the corner where nothing was. I started to get used to him, and he started showing up less frequently. Now I only see him occasionally, the most recently being about a month ago. He's stopped trying to trip me, so we get along okay!:teeth:

Oh you ppl make me so glad i waited till morning to read these stories. I haven't had any "experiences" myself, but i definitely believe in the spirit world.

We have a small animal (I think ;) ) that sometimes climbs up on the end of the bed and lays down by our feet. You can feel the paws pressing down on the covers, and then the settling as it lays down.

Been happening to me since I was little... told my Mom once, and she said it was the blankets settling. I didn't argue, but was pretty sure it was definitely paws and laying down.

Fast forward 20 years (and several residences later)... one day DH mentioned the "visitor"... I said "You've felt it too?!" - I always thought it was just me. It doesn't happen every night - sometimes we'll go months without our "friend". I ALWAYS sleep with my feet under the covers, though... and never look. Just a couple of weeks ago, though, I was up brushing my teeth, DH was still in bed, and said... it just climbed up on the bed. I looked that time - didn't see a darn thing. ;)

Our cats (who stay downstairs, and never come up to our bedroom) will sometimes stare at the ceiling or the corner(like cats do)... I wonder if they don't really see/sense something, though. We'll have odd noises now and then, too. Then again, I get scared easily! ;)

My mother/uncles/grandparents lived in a real haunted house when the kids were teen/pre-teen. I have a piece of furniture that came from there (that my mother had before me)... I often wonder if my "friend" isn't attached to it, and me, in some way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter