Have you ever been present at a birth?

My future DIL has already told me and her mom that only she ( DIL) and my son will be allowed in the delivery room, so I won't be seeing those future grandchildren born. I'm disappointed, but I understand that she's a very modest young lady. I'm the total opposite, I wouldn't have cared who saw me give give birth. I unfortunately don't have a modest bone in my body.

I do have another son in a serious relationship, and if they get married, I have a feeling she'd welcome me to see the birth of their children.

My sister almost wanted me there with her as she gave birth, but she suddenly became so modest that she didn't even want me to see her bare feet on the delivery bed. So I left the room. I know it's a very private thing for a lot of women.

Please, encourage your DIL to have her Mom there. I really wanted my Mom there but knew that the only way that was possible was to have both Grandmas and I just couldn't handle that. My husband, wonderful as he is, just couldn't tell his Mom no so I told mine and still regret it .

Yes, as a paramedic, so it wasn't just flowers and puppies. And, of course, my own.

My first two I gave birth to in the hospital and I had a feeling I was just an annoying visitor getting in the way of labor and delivery as far as the staff were concerned, so maybe we can count those. My home birth I definitely didn't feel like a visitor :thumbsup2

No, I don't have any children and have no desire to witness a birth. :faint:

Besides obsviously being there for my own; I helped coach 2 sisters and a SIL so I've assisted with 6; 9 counting my sons. ;)

I have never witnessed a birth (besides my son's, obviously) but weirdly enough, I did really enjoy the videos that we watched in our childbirth class. :confused3

I didn't want anyone at my son's birth besides my husband, and it worked out really well. I had a really fast labor, anyway, so no one would have made it even if I had wanted them there. There was one doctor and one nurse in the room and both of them just sat back and watched, until it was time to do the actual baby-catching. It was just nice and quiet and calm and low-key, just the way I wanted it. Having been through the experience once (and my experience was not nearly as bad as I expected, even though I was too fast to get an epidural) and survived, I would be willing to allow my mom (and possibly even my MIL) in the room, if they wanted to be there, and if I'm blessed with another child. Provided that they're willing to just sit down and be quiet. :rotfl2:

Sadly, the only birth I was at, outside of my own two little ones, was when my sister gave birth to my nephew at just 21 weeks. He lived for a few moments and it was the most heart-wrenching thing I have ever witnessed.

Only when I was giving birth. One really hard labor, one medically mandated (and scheduled) c-section. Both wonderful and terrifying in their own ways. I would absolutely attend a close friend if she needed me. I imagine it's a great experience.

My own children, of course, also the birth my two cousins. My aunt and I are only 18 month apart,and were very close growing up. I was "the relief" coach and photographer.:goodvibes

I wanted to be a Nurse Midwife, but "life" had other plans...;)

My own children, of course, also the birth my two cousins. My aunt and I are only 18 month apart,and were very close growing up. I was "the relief" coach and photographer.:goodvibes

I wanted to be a Nurse Midwife, but "life" had other plans...;)

Never too late ;)

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest