Have you ever been on the Jumbotron?

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
Last night ds20 went with his friend to the NIT at Madison Square Garden. They got courtside seats because his friend works for Dicks Sporting Goods and they sponsor the tournament. He said the camera man was really shooting a cute little kid by them but they were in the picture too. He was really happy too.

Have your ever been on the jumbotron at a sports event?

My son has been - at the Joe. He scored a goal for his hockey team in the mini game they played between periods at a Wings game. I cried. *crying remembering it* He shoots he SCOOOREESSS! *it was his third goal EVER in a game, too!*

My DD has been on quite a few times at Pistons games.

I was on twice! Once at a smaller arena for the "kissing cam" with my bf :blush: and once during the Stanley cup playoffs last year because my sister begged me to bring a sign she made because she couldn't go to the game. Go Wings!

The very first game I ever went to at MSG. It was Rangers vs. St Louis, and they played to a 2-2 tie (this was when the NHL still had ties). I was sitting next to my sister, we were both wearing white NYR jerseys, with the same NYR baseball hats, and I guess we just looked too gosh darn cute. But haven't been on the jumbotron since.

Although I was on TV once. My dad used to get tickets sometimes to the Rangers games from one of his clients who had season tickets. These seats were amazing, Club seats 7th row behind the net. When I was 14, I went to a game and my dad's friend's son, who was 9 at the time came also. We made a sign that said something like "Guess what? Rangers rule, Red Wings drool". We were on the side of the ice where the visiting team warms up, and we held the sign up to the glass, and apparently you could see it at some points on the TV broadcast.

My family was on the big screen twice during the Hannah Montanta/Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers concert last fall. My daughter thought she'd died & gone to heaven to have this 5 seconds of fame!

At a Josh Groban concert in Greenville, SC, last year I was. I was standing two feet in front of him up at the stage. And the Pixie Stix I gave him in Charlotte, NC, last Labor Day during that concert showed up on the screen too.

Yes, it was at a Bulls game several years ago (during the Jordan years).

It's not really my thing, I'll be fine if it never happens again. :goodvibes

Not at a sporting event, but there is one downtown and a friend of mine was running the event I attended and told the kid "filming" or whatever it is called to put me up there as much as possible.

I'm not one of those people who likes that sort of thing (which is why he did it, to be sure) and had to keep dodging in and out to get off the flippin thing.

It really is weird to see yourself on there not looking straight ahead, though. It's like you want to look right at the camera (or whatever it is called) so that you can see yourself looking at yourself, like in a mirror. But when you look away to look straight ahead you aren't turned to see yourself see yourself. If you KWIM.

I have never been on the Jumbo tron, but last week I was at a concerned parents meeting about closing our High School and I was on TV when they scanned the crowds. DH was more excited than I was!

Many times at Qualcom stadium. In fact my son was just on for last weeks charger game. My mom calls and asks me if I saw him on tv LOL. I am like no they are doing commentary it's just in the stadium.

Once at a Buffalo Bills game, they chose my son to participate in this race thing that they do during the game because he had his face painted and looked so cute. He wasn't too sure about participating because he was only around 9 years old, and I was standing near where they were doing it to keep an eye on him, and they asked me to be in the race too! We were on the jumbotron holding these little steering wheel things, and I won the "race". The people that knew us and saw us up there knew it was really us when I handed the autographed football to him as soon as they handed it to me. He was so excited, and of course still has the ball.

Not me, But this little girl was.
10292367_uwC4f-M.jpg

...but not a sports jumbotron. It was the Kodak Bilboard in Times Square, New York!!!
11688453_YEz9t-M.jpg

Mikeeee

I've never been on the Jumbotron that I know of, but I've been on plenty of broadcasts. During Game 4 of the Blues-Stars conference semifinal series in 2001, I was on-screen probably 6-7 times (thanks, no doubt, to the seats my friend had gotten for us that were 7 rows off of the ice!). I've been on several Cards broadcasts as well--the most recent was during Game 5 of the Cards-Mets NLCS series from 2006.

I've been on a lot. I used to have season tickets in the same section that the wives/girlfriends had their seats in. When players were hurt or scratched they would sit there too sometimes. They would come interview in the section all the time and I'd end up in the shot.

I was also on the big screen at the Ringling Bros. circus :clown: but I was holding my niece at the time so I'm sure it was because of her.

That's a great picture - you take that?

Yes, it's my pic. Shot back when Q was about a year old, and our only dog.

She was picked, and was the picture of the day for the whole day!
Thanks!
Mikeeee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter