• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever been on Superstar Limo before it closed?

Have you ever been on Superstar Limo before it closed?

• Yes I have.

• No I have not.

• What's that?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jackoman

I wonder if the Tag Fairy has been to Disneyland b
I am glad they replaced it. I did like it, but I like Monsters Inc. a lot better! What about you?

I thought it was lame.
My son loved it because he was "driving" and he also loved that it took your picture at the end. I am glad they got rid of it and replaced it with Monster's Inc.

It was completely lame LOL. Honestly, I wasn't surprised when it failed and they closed it down.

Sadly (NOT) I never got to ride it. The exterior was there but the ride was closed when I last visited. No great loss though. From the vids I've seen and the stories I've heard, it wasn't much cop.

:sad2: :guilty: :sad2: :guilty: :sad2:

One of my few Disney regrets!!! We didn't go on it when DCA first opened, and now that chance is gone forever!!!!

Wow---that sounded melodramatic! :rolleyes:

I guess I am lost here. I went to DCA once when it opened and then I moved away for 3 years. When I came back they were building Monster's Inc. So, was it there on opening day or did they add it later and then shut it down?

I wonder why I have never heard of it.

I've been on it about 5 times (once each visit while it was open), and I think it broke down 4 of those 5 times. It wasn't the Disney quality expected- kinda cheesy in my opinion. I'm glad they replaced it. :)

I rode it once, which was enough, the first weekend DCA was open to the public.

I never went on it but I've seen the video of the whole ride and am very glad they took it out.

Basically combine every cheesy/corny stereotype of Hollywood, mixed in with lots of midget sized animatronics of actors who will probably be forgotten in 10 years, with some really cheap effects and you have it.

I was there when it was open... had no desire to go on it at all. I love Toad's Wild Ride mind you!

I rode on that 2 or 3 times. I didn't think it was anything special. I remember the last time I went on it, it took your photo towards the end. My bf and I looked up on the screen and it showed the couple sitting behind us making out like crazy. Yuck!! =P When they saw it they looked really embarassed!

I was just watching our vacation video from Feb 2001. My husband used to videotape everything! He taped the whole ride and I thought it was pretty cheesey then...I was almost embarassed when I watched it today. I'm glad they replaced it.

I rode it, and remembered thinking it didn't really fit in somehow. It was more MGM'ish I think.

We had been on it a few times I wasn't all that thrilled with it. We have yet to ride Monsters yet, how is it?

Rode it. Very Lame.

Monsters, Inc is cute and kids love it. Like Roz at the end.

Monsters is cute. I was there with my niece (3) & 2 nephews (3 & 5) who absolutely loved it. We rode it 3 times in a row and they were still begging for more. It was a great replacement for Superstar Limo.

I thought Superstar Limo was dumb, and I usually love all things Disney. I went with my neighbors in 2001 (4 kids & 2 adults). We sat through the ride and all thought it was pretty lame. Throughout the whole ride they pretended to be taking your picture because you were the star in the limo. Towards the end they take your picture for real. I probably should have bought the picture because we all looked pathetic and bored --it really captured our emotions--it was hilarious.

Rode SSL 5 different times, with different friends/relatives over the first couple DCA opening months.

Horrible! :crazy:

....and I really like most dark rides and i do like popular Hollywood sights and it's many cool visual icons.

Not so much bad, cheesy, actors and actresses in completely lame poses though. :rolleyes1

SSL was really bad IMO, from every mindset and POV I tried to enjoy it from.
Even a 'comedy of errors' POV...

It just gave me a headache. :bitelip:

I did. Utterly forgettable. The icing on the cake was that at the end they had "paparazzi" taking your picture and you would be able to see the pic as you exited. We had our 3 mo. old with us who seemed entranced with the spectacle and was sitting on my lap for the pic. It looked great and I wanted to buy it. Not for sale! Appearently, the Disney people knew that this was going to be a dog and decided to limit peoples ability to remember it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter