• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever been mistaken for a CM?

Yup! On our honeymoon, we swung into MK just long enough to get a castle pic and a couple souvenirs before our tee time at Oak Trails. DH had to hit the restroom and while I waited for him I was approached by someone asking where something was and I had to tell them I didn't work there. I had khakis, white polo, sunglasses, and a hat on.

I think polos and khakis of some sort are code for corporate outfits most anywhere nowadays. :joker:

Yup! On our honeymoon, we swung into MK just long enough to get a castle pic and a couple souvenirs before our tee time at Oak Trails. DH had to hit the restroom and while I waited for him I was approached by someone asking where something was and I had to tell them I didn't work there. I had khakis, white polo, sunglasses, and a hat on.

I think polos and khakis of some sort are code for corporate outfits most anywhere nowadays. :joker:

I've been mistaken for a CM too many times to count, even by other CMs. I remember during the year when they were giving surprise FPs, the Dream Squad was approaching everyone who on a certain path, saying "Today's your lucky day!" and giving them their FPs. That is, until I went by. Nada! After about 100 feet, I decided to go back and ask them. They'd thought I was a CM, and were so appologetic when they discovered I wasn't. I've been asked for my CM discount card at a gift shop once, no idea why. Oh-and one time a CM came up to me at Rafiki's Planet Watch, whispered to me that a particular TV station was backstage, but told me "Don't tell any of the guests-we don't want them to know!" I always find it funny, except the time someone came up to me and started complaining about something that had happened at a certain ride in the park. I travel solo a lot, and a few people, when I tell them I'm not a CM (usually I don't tell them, they usually want directions so I just tell them and use the correct point), that because I'm in the park solo and seem to know where I'm going, they assume I work there. I wish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter