Have you ever been INJURED on a ride?

Not sure if this counts but I witnessed a girl get vomited on by another guest. A definite haz mat incident.

I waved my arms in the air going down the drop on Everest, only to have them slammed onto the side of train when it starts banking. Had a pretty nasty looking bruise on my arm for a few weeks. Fortunately, that's the worst I've ever been injured at WDW (if we don't count mental scars from Small World and Stich.)

I waved my arms in the air going down the drop on Everest, only to have them slammed onto the side of train when it starts banking. Had a pretty nasty looking bruise on my arm for a few weeks. Fortunately, that's the worst I've ever been injured at WDW (if we don't count mental scars from Small World and Stich.)

DH and I were just talking about the "arms up" thing that everyone does (myself included). I will be sure to not do it on EE! Eeesh.

33yrs ago I got hurt on the calmest ride at Disney. I was 5 and I pushed down the seat on Carousel of Progress to sit down and when I let go and it came up and hit me under the chin. It busted my chin and caused me to bite through my lip. The CMs were great and took care of it at first aid. They could not believe that my parents were okay with what happened as it was just an accident. They wanted to talk to them about signing waivers and such probably worrying about a lawsuit. My parents kept telling them not to worry that it is a lesson I would learn. I did as I was over cautious on that ride with my son but not on anything else. lol

I ended up with a large bruise on my under arm area this past trip, but I'm not sure where I got it from . LOL

I was holding my then 1 year old and walking near Space Mountain. It was night and one of the bricks on the walkway was cracked and sticking up. It caused me to twist my ankle and skin my knees. Luckily my little guy was fine.

My then almost 3 year old daughter fell onto the moving walkway at the end of the Buzz Lightyear ride. She looked like she was being dragged under the ride and even though I screamed for the attendant to stop the ride, he did nothing. I grabbed her up and she had blood running down her face.

Of course, being a first responder, I know that head wounds bleed like crazy and it is usually not as bad as it looks but, as the mother of this little girl for all of two weeks, I was a hot mess.

Paramedics were called and after cleaning the would, I looked the fool since she only had a tiny cut that was treated with a bandaid. She has a scar in her eyebrow that we refer to as her Disney scar.

The CMs were awesome. They kept us calm, gave us as much privacy as possible in the crowded store/photo pick-up area and gave each of my kids a Tinkerbell pin. I was given a $50 voucher to pick out any article of clothing I wanted from the Emporium so that she didn't have to spend the rest of the day in a bloody outfit. I was covered in blood as well but wasn't offered anything but didn't need anything either.

100_2162-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Modeling her new bandied and her new outfit

Way back in the 60's, the old Autopia at Disneyland did not have the safety measures it has now. Kids were allowed to slam their cars into the backs of other cars and I ended up with whiplash!

My then almost 3 year old daughter fell onto the moving walkway at the end of the Buzz Lightyear ride. She looked like she was being dragged under the ride and even though I screamed for the attendant to stop the ride, he did nothing. I grabbed her up and she had blood running down her face.

Of course, being a first responder, I know that head wounds bleed like crazy and it is usually not as bad as it looks but, as the mother of this little girl for all of two weeks, I was a hot mess.

Paramedics were called and after cleaning the would, I looked the fool since she only had a tiny cut that was treated with a bandaid. She has a scar in her eyebrow that we refer to as her Disney scar.

The CMs were awesome. They kept us calm, gave us as much privacy as possible in the crowded store/photo pick-up area and gave each of my kids a Tinkerbell pin. I was given a $50 voucher to pick out any article of clothing I wanted from the Emporium so that she didn't have to spend the rest of the day in a bloody outfit. I was covered in blood as well but wasn't offered anything but didn't need anything either.

100_2162-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Modeling her new bandied and her new outfit

SHE is ADORABLE! So sorry that this happened to you (how scary) but I'm glad everything worked out ok! And the voucher was nice!

A CM on BTMR needed to measure my son. They have the big permanent measuring post. I told him to walk under the measuring post. He was 41 inches at the time and was looking down so he never saw the top of it. He smacked his head pretty good. The CM rolled her eyes like she saw that one coming. I laughed while my son rubbed the top of his forehead. I looked at him and said "that means you're tall enough to ride" he smiled and took off for the line.

I always come home with bruises in the oddest places - I usually am not very aware of how hard I hit whatever it was, but it shows up later. I tend to bruise easily, and I like the fast rides, so it kind of adds up!

2006 - Summit Plummet at BB. Cool experience and all, but after the ride my gluteus maximus hurt. The next day I had a bruise on the right cheek... not the one on my face. DW got a good laugh out of it.

My older DD and I were at MK making a bee-line for Big Thunder Mountain. Spectromagic was about to start and Jiminy Cricket announced that the lights were being turned down and we shouldn't move around. Just like Pinnochio, I was to learn not to ignore Jiminy's advice. With a rapid pace, I walked right off of a ledge and found myself in mid-air. As I plummeted to the ground several feet below, I first fell on an empty stroller, which fortunately broke my fall. Then I hit the ground face first, which somewhat traumatized onlookers. My DD helped me up, recovered my unbroken glasses and we continued on to BTM. While in line, I asked my DD to assess my injuries, as my face and forehead were hurting. DD said I was fine. (She believes that the low lights simulating kerosene lanterns in the BTM line area kept her from making an accurate diagnosis). We rode BTM several times and went back to the room. When we walked in, my DW and younger DD let out screams when they saw me. My DW asked me if I had been in a bar fight. My face was banged up more than I realized. But with some tender care from DW, who is a nurse, we were back in the parks in the morning. I was very lucky not to have been more seriously injured and to this day, My DW and DD's remind me to listen to Jiminy.

My older DD and I were at MK making a bee-line for Big Thunder Mountain. Spectromagic was about to start and Jiminy Cricket announced that the lights were being turned down and we shouldn't move around. Just like Pinnochio, I was to learn not to ignore Jiminy's advice. With a rapid pace, I walked right off of a ledge and found myself in mid-air. As I plummeted to the ground several feet below, I first fell on an empty stroller, which fortunately broke my fall. Then I hit the ground face first, which somewhat traumatized onlookers. My DD helped me up, recovered my unbroken glasses and we continued on to BTM. While in line, I asked my DD to assess my injuries, as my face and forehead were hurting. DD said I was fine. (She believes that the low lights simulating kerosene lanterns in the BTM line area kept her from making an accurate diagnosis). We rode BTM several times and went back to the room. When we walked in, my DW and younger DD let out screams when they saw me. My DW asked me if I had been in a bar fight. My face was banged up more than I realized. But with some tender care from DW, who is a nurse, we were back in the parks in the morning. I was very lucky not to have been more seriously injured and to this day, My DW and DD's remind me to listen to Jiminy.

YIKES where in the park was this? Was it a curb or something higher than that?

My mom hit her toe on a piece of furniture at BLT. When I saw her, she was standing in the bathroom and says, "I have a problem"... her toenail was pointing towards the ceiling and was bleeding - alot. I called the front desk and asked about first aid.... they offered to call an ambulance... i'm a nurse and didnt need an ambulance.... just some antibiotic ointment and a big box of bandaids. :thumbsup2 Valet gave me directions to the nearest drugstore, a quick phone call to a scooter rental place and we were on the move again...

I misjudged the amount of space my body and a stroller needed to exit the train at MK and bruised my tailbone on the metal armrest as i was stepping off

DS tripped and fell while on the kid's Pirate Cruise. We found out after picking him up and walking through the GF when he complained that his knee hurt. We checked and there was a large bandaid over his knee and upon closer inspection we discovered a fair amount of blood staining on the knee of his olive green cargo shorts [that were covering his knee]. When got to back to the room and checked it out he had really open a nice little gash on his knee and explained that he had tripped on the dock over at the CR.

Would have been nice to have had it mentioned when we picked him up, KWIM? I wouldn't have asked for anything, no lawsuit waiting to happen....just made me really question entrusting him to a kid's program at WDW in the future.

Not a ride...goofy smacked my goofy hat down on my face when I was like 7 or 8 maybe? Opened a sunburn blister I had on my nose. Goofy did a great job pantomiming horrified! I will never forget that...

DS tripped and fell while on the kid's Pirate Cruise. We found out after picking him up and walking through the GF when he complained that his knee hurt. We checked and there was a large bandaid over his knee and upon closer inspection we discovered a fair amount of blood staining on the knee of his olive green cargo shorts [that were covering his knee]. When got to back to the room and checked it out he had really open a nice little gash on his knee and explained that he had tripped on the dock over at the CR.

Would have been nice to have had it mentioned when we picked him up, KWIM? I wouldn't have asked for anything, no lawsuit waiting to happen....just made me really question entrusting him to a kid's program at WDW in the future.

Eek, yeah you'd think they would have at least mentioned it!!!!

The first day of our trip back in 2011, I tripped getting out of the car at the speedway and broke a bone in my arm and thumb. I didn't know that I had broken anything and I was mortified at the whole thing so got up quickly and tried to deal with the pain, only to find out weeks later I had broken bones.

In 2012, we stayed at the Poly on the first floor. My then 6-year old niece was so excited to run outside and see the Volcano pool that she ran full force into the sliding glass doors and bounced backwards in the air onto her bottom! We called the paramedics who came quickly and assessed her and to be sure no injuries (and made sure we signed a waiver). I dont think I have ever been so scared in my entire life.. You know all those free stickers they give you? we proceeded to put them all over the sliding glass doors, so she would know when they were closed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter