have you ever been able to get the resort you wanted at the last minute

Vickie46

DIS Veteran
I have been trying like crazy to get more nights to my stay.. but its nearly impossible..... has anyone had any luck doing this before?:sad2:

not sure how close to travel you are but room only reservations often cancel at the 6 day mark. Don't give up!

Yep -- several times. Just this past year, we lucked into rooms at AP rate at WL and AKL after weeks of calling and nothing being available. We've actually had better luck getting exactly what we want with only one call when we've called to book trips about a month in advance. (With the exception of big family May trip, most of our trips are not planned well-ahead.) I think that many people book trips then cancel as their dates approach.

I was able to add 2 more nights this morning!!! So I am going to keep trying for 2 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

I will share this with you and maybe it will make you feel better. We've been to WDW around 11 times and about everytime once we get there we want to stay longer than we booked. We always check at the front desk of the resort we are at and we have always been able to add additional nights with no problem, even during the busy times. Now we have had to change rooms at the same resort, because of large groups that may have booked the current room we were in and they needed it on the extra nights we added. But we've still been able to add those nights.

So, if you can't get them before check in, just check once you get there and then keep checking each day with the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter