Have you ever asked DISboard-type questions at work....

PrincessKitty1

Epcot is my happy place.
....and had people look at you like you were nuts? :lmao:

Out of the blue one day at work, I asked a co-worker, "So what was your favorite doll when you were growing up?" (Well, y'know, you can ASK those kinds of questions on the DISboards and they're perfectly, or at least somewhat, sane.)

She looked at me oddly and say, "Uh, I don't really remember any dolls." :rotfl:

(Just for the record, my favorite dolls were Chatty Kathy, Pitiful Pearl, Skipper, and any paper doll, especially Betsy McCall. But my co-worker didn't ask ME.)

I told DH I created a poll today on Jimmies vs Sprinkles and he just shook his head and walked away from me. I said arent you curios of the results, he continued to ignore me , sigh he doesnt get it.

I dream in Dis...

Seriously, all the abbreviations, posters, even the Tag Fairy are in my dreams.

I am the only woman at work so no I can not ask questions like that.

Buffy with Mrs Beasley, Barbie, PJ & GI Joe.

I dream in Dis...

Seriously, all the abbreviations, posters, even the Tag Fairy are in my dreams.

When I first started dising I had a dream and my whole dream was in posts. I mean I can't even explain it but that's how everyone in my dream talked-in posts. You could hear voices but would only see posts. :confused3 Even had the Holiday theme. Maybe I shouldn't be admitting this.

Op, I've asked my husbands disboard type questions since I've been on here. He's onto me now and just says "was that a thread today?'.

I told DH I created a poll today on Jimmies vs Sprinkles and he just shook his head and walked away from me. I said arent you curios of the results, he continued to ignore me , sigh he doesnt get it.

FYI, I called them Jimmies when I was a very tiny girl (I remember asking for jimmies in an ice cream shop when I was about 3 years old), but now I call them sprinkles. Sorry to have missed your poll! :rotfl:

This just cracked me up :rotfl2: My DH gets annoyed with me too when he's watching tv and I make him pause it several times to tell him about something funny on the dis.

Honestly I think your coworker has a problem, not us.

Baby Crissy, Crissy and Barbie and Skipper. Does anyone remember those little-ish dolls called Dawn dolls? I LOVED those!! I actually have re-bought some of these from my childhood days for my dd. She's not into them, not a girlie girl, so they are "sleeping" in my closet on the top shelf.

Go tell your coworker that.

OMG! I as just going to ask if anyone knew about Dawn dolls! My sister and I had them- they were sooo 70's!

How about Baby secret? You pulled her string and she whispered to you, although we never could tell what she was saying!

I had a doll that rode in a car and her pigtails twirled while she drove. My mom threw it out and we cannot remember what kind of doll it was.:confused3

I coveted my sister's Mrs. Beasley. She also had this chimp I think his name was Zip.

I loved my Peaches and Cream Barbie. I loved Strawberry Shortcake. She smelled so good.:love:

....and had people look at you like you were nuts? :lmao:

Out of the blue one day at work, I asked a co-worker, "So what was your favorite doll when you were growing up?" (Well, y'know, you can ASK those kinds of questions on the DISboards and they're perfectly, or at least somewhat, sane.)

She looked at me oddly and say, "Uh, I don't really remember any dolls." :rotfl:

(Just for the record, my favorite dolls were Chatty Kathy, Pitiful Pearl, Skipper, and any paper doll, especially Betsy McCall. But my co-worker didn't ask ME.)

I have to say maybe DH & I are weird but we come up with weird questions like this ALL THE TIME! From what was your favorite candy growing up - remember squirrels, cows tails, zebra gum, button candy. Name that OLD cartoon - mighty mouse, speed chaser, etc. So at least here you wouldn't get an odd look but I know what you mean.

As for the doll, not really a doll but I wanted a Mon-chi-chi monkey SOOOOO BAD! Mon-chi-chi, Mon-chi-chi, so soft and cuddily!

monchichi.jpg

I have to say maybe DH & I are weird but we come up with weird questions like this ALL THE TIME! From what was your favorite candy growing up - remember squirrels, cows tails, zebra gum, button candy. Name that OLD cartoon - mighty mouse, speed chaser, etc. So at least here you wouldn't get an odd look but I know what you mean.

As for the doll, not really a doll but I wanted a Mon-chi-chi monkey SOOOOO BAD! Mon-chi-chi, Mon-chi-chi, so soft and cuddily!

monchichi.jpg

Ohhhh! I had a Mon-chi-chi! He was my favorite!

Ooooh OOoh can you link me to that POLL!!! I have so so so much to say about Jimmies vs Sprinkles... I really do sad to say.

I don't know if they still have them, but a couple of years ago I saw Monchichis for sale at the store in Epcot's Japan :chewy:.

For me it's not usually a question I ask that gets strange looks, but accidental hidden Mickeys I spot. I notice them frequently, and I occasionally point them out to people who proceed to look at me like I'm nuts :confused3.

I had Dawn's fashion show! You stuck her feet (they had holes in the bottom) on the spikes and the fashion show thing made her "walk" around the to front of the stage!

I remember one year all I wanted was Rub-A-Dub for Christmas but Santa failed me. But then my aunt and uncle showed up and they had bought me the Rub-A-Dub. :lovestruc Another uncle gave me a Chrissy that was left in his house when he bought it. I still have her in my cedar chest. And I remember on one 6 week long road trip mom bought me the paper Betsy "book" that had clothes and accessories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter