• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you done the Poly luau???

DisneyDreamer2

DIS Veteran
I can'y find many reviews. Have you done it? I can't decide whether to spend 2 credits dining in the castle or at the luau.

We liked the show very much (better than the luau's in Maui!), but the food was mediocre, at best.

We had breakfast with Cindy a few weeks ago, and the food was excellent.

HEY, MY family did the LUAU in JAN 2004 and LOVED it. They put on a FAB show and the food was wonderful. It is rather $$$$, but we felt it was worth it. Anytime a dish on the table was empty the server was right there refilling it. Anytime a glass was empty they were right there to refill it. The servers were wonderful and I have a DS that is horribly picky and he even loved it. It was that DS' bday as well and all the bday kids were called up on the stage and they all loved that. TRY it, you will love it!!! :earsboy:

We tried it and will never go back. Thank goodness it was just DH and myself and not the kids. The food was mediocre, service lousy and the entertainment stunk. Been to Cindy's and I would definitley go back again.

My other half is a vegetarian, and all the WDW dinner shows are meat oriented. I know it says veggie option available, has anyone actually ordered that before? And what do they offer? Is it any good?

The luau is quite entertaining but when we went the food wasn't very good.
We left hungry! Somehow we still managed to have a good time. Maybe it was all the cheap beer we drank. ;) Everyone should do the luau at least once, especially on the dining plan 'cause it's not cheap. I wouldn't do it again unless it was free...

The show was pretty good, though I can't say the same for the food. We did enjoy the adult beverages that come with the meal, but we will not go back.

I would recommend O'hanna's, which is also at the Poly. The food is much better, it's fun and entertaining for the whole family and gives us an excuse to visit the Poly if we are not staying there.

f7prez said:
The show was pretty good, though I can't say the same for the food. We did enjoy the adult beverages that come with the meal, but we will not go back.

I would recommend O'hanna's, which is also at the Poly.

I agree the food was poor! Try Ohana instead.

We went in August and really enjoyed both the food and show. All three of us got our fill-- even my picky DH. DD6 loves the show and stays mesmerized the entire time. She especially likes it when the kids are invited onstage to do the hula. This is the second year in a row we have done the luau.

the show was great and the food was good ... nothing special... but the show was awesome !! go and enjoy

We went in May using the dining plan. We had a great time and I thought the food was great. I too had a few beers, but I am sure that was not what made the food good to me..LOL The chicken was really good!!!!

The story line of the Luau is kinda corny at first but the dancing and the fire dancer is AWESOME!!!! It was our last night at WDW and it was a great ending to a perfect trip.

I used to go fairly regularly - the last time I went was a couple of years ago. The food had gone way, way down over the years - they limited the types of beverages included, etc.

The show was still fun, though. But that is a lot of money to pay for poor food (I generally recommend Ohana instead).

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter