• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you booked an ABD for 2017?

There is more vibration from the engine (which is a light hum in the background ) than any boat movement we experienced. Plus you cruise the Danube at night mostly. Smooth as a baby's butt. No worries.

We're also concerned with sea sickness and issues that might make us cancel completely. I don't understand the new cancelation policy, but have read that it's "bad". ?:|

I agree with carpenta. The riverboats are very smooth and you hardly notice they are moving. I get very seasick on the ocean, but I had no issue on the riverboat.

There is more vibration from the engine (which is a light hum in the background ) than any boat movement we experienced. Plus you cruise the Danube at night mostly. Smooth as a baby's butt. No worries.

I agree with carpenta. The riverboats are very smooth and you hardly notice they are moving. I get very seasick on the ocean, but I had no issue on the riverboat.
I suspected as much, but it's SO NICE to have this confirmed! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Italy in August! DH and I were there in 2000 for a belated Honeymoon. So excited to be take the kids to see where the majority of their paternal side hails from.

I thought I was done adding these ABD trips to my wish list - then I saw the new China itinerary! Have a great time OKW Lover and sayhello!

DCPhotoGal you will love Peru! It was our first ABD (2014) and was fantastic! Sold even the most skeptical of our group on ABD.

I want to do China so badly but it is not in the budget, for finances or time off from work.

Pandas! New Shanghai Disneyland! Pandas! The Great Wall! Pandas!! Hong Kong Disneyland! The Forbidden City! Sichuan Opera! PANDAS!!! Hong Kong! Terracotta warriors! Did I mention Pandas?!?!

One day!
That's what I kept saying. :) And One Day has finally come!

Sayhello

I want to do China so badly but it is not in the budget, for finances or time off from work.

Pandas! New Shanghai Disneyland! Pandas! The Great Wall! Pandas!! Hong Kong Disneyland! The Forbidden City! Sichuan Opera! PANDAS!!! Hong Kong! Terracotta warriors! Did I mention Pandas?!?!

One day!

I definitely will do China. I wanted to go in 2017,but we have a 10 year anniversary trip planned in early 2018,so I had to push it back. Im hoping I can make it happen in 2019. I'm with you on the Pandas :-) There is a video of a keeper in China with two pandas and it is hilarious. They kept jumping into a wicker basket and she had to get them out.

I definitely will do China. I wanted to go in 2017,but we have a 10 year anniversary trip planned in early 2018,so I had to push it back. Im hoping I can make it happen in 2019. I'm with you on the Pandas :-) There is a video of a keeper in China with two pandas and it is hilarious. They kept jumping into a wicker basket and she had to get them out.

I want a job as a baby panda hugger. Lol. They are so darn cute. We will find a way to do China.

I had a job with lots of seniority and status....I rolled over vacation days! I was laid off in 2014. Since then, I have only found jobs with limited vacation, and mandatory days off...where at my old job, if you did not work a holiday, you had to use your bucket of PTO....okay the bucket was like 36 days....so I would work holidays to keep my PTO for longer vacations...new job? 2 weeks, for the whole year, no exceptions. Considering the trip itself is 12 days not including travel time, that would be more then I can do in a year.

White Rose, totally understand your predicament. I get 36 days of PTO and my husband gets 15 days, so it gets very frustrating. He isn't a big traveller,but he will do Australia with me, so that one will have to wait until we can figure out how to manage the PTO (or have him just take time off without pay).

So, in the meantime, I travel without him. Looking at 2018 and 2019 options. What can I say, I'm a planner :-) I think China in 2019 is definitely on the docket .

We've got Backstage Magic booked for June 2017, but we also have the DCL British Isles cruise booked for Summer 2017, so we'll need to decide between the too. We plan to do the BI cruise with CaliforniaGirl09 and her family, and as long as that plan stays intact, we'll likely push BSM to June 2018 (or possibly December 2017).

None for 2017 with ABD. We do plan to travel with Nat. Geo family to Iceland (hopefully).
Carpenta...you are going to LOVE Iceland!!! One of my favorite places I've ever been. Went on a 4 night trip last year on a whim...one of the best things I've done. Definitely go to The Blue Lagoon. It's such a fun and beautiful place.

Carpenta...you are going to LOVE Iceland!!! One of my favorite places I've ever been. Went on a 4 night trip last year on a whim...one of the best things I've done. Definitely go to The Blue Lagoon. It's such a fun and beautiful place.

Thanks for your positive review. Many have said how wonderful Iceland is for tourists. Sayhello also recommends this nation. The more I hear the more I look forward to booking. I just hope I get in to book it.

We are going to Italy August 18, 2017. First ABD trip. This will be our 20 year anniversary. Plan to surprise my wife two months before we go.

I would love it if my husband surprised me with an ABD trip (or any trip, for that matter, says the person who does all of the vacation planning). We loved our AZ/UT trip so much that we're already thinking ahead to our next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter