Have you been to Disney this year and did anyone in your party get COVID?

Did anyone in your party get COVID during a Disney trip in 2022?

• Total voters
I haven’t tasted or smelled anything in over a week and am praying my nerves recover - it is very discombobulating. I’m like a phone constantly trying but never quite successfully connecting to wifi. My brain knows something is wrong but can’t zone in on it and it’s making me extremely tense and anxious. I can’t smell the trees, laundry. Nada. Everything I eat feels like wet tasteless paper in my mouth 😭

Everyone else had mild symptoms. Not me 🙄 - fever, severe headache, ongoing fatigue and lethargy, muscle cramps and broken smell and taste
That was me when I had covid - which was last year when vaccination was starting to ramp up for adults (April/May). I had a week of my first shot under my belt...and I got covid. I still don't completely have my smell back. I will get whiffs of a smell, then it will be gone. Like last night - dh was eating toast with peanut butter toast and I could smell that for about 5 seconds and I commented how good that smelled, then it was gone. I hope you start to feel better. The exhaustion and strength does come back, it just takes a little time. I hope you start to feel better soon.

I’ve been to Disney World 5 times since the pandemic started (Feb 2021, Nov 2021, March 2022, April 2022, August 2022). I came back with COVID after this last trip.

The first trip was before I was vaccinated and my time indoors was limited. I didn’t do any rides, just wanted to escape the cold and walk around somewhere warm. The Feb and Nov trips I drove and the last three trips I flew.

I’ve continued to wear a KN95 mask indoors (the only time I take it off indoors during my trips is briefly at TSA) and occasionally when I’m outdoors and it’s crowded (e.g., fireworks). I don’t do any indoors meals (and don’t even eat/drink at the airport or on the plane).
This is concerning. We are supposed to celebrate my fiftieth down there in October. I have guests coming from all over the world as far as Australia. If these reports keep up, they may be celebrating without me.

I will admit that while we had N95s on while travelling, once we were in the parks we were pretty lax. The temperature was so high everyone was already miserable, we didn't make the kids mask on top of that. So really, that's on us. Meanwhile, we are still waiting on the results of our arrival testing, but I'm fairly certain all 4 of us have mild versions.

This is concerning. We are supposed to celebrate my fiftieth down there in October. I have guests coming from all over the world as far as Australia. If these reports keep up, they may be celebrating without me.

Luckily my case was mild, and others in my group didn’t get COVID (so it’s hard to predict when and with who it will strike). I had heard anecdotal reports that this more contagious strain was getting spread through outdoor transmission, so I wasn’t totally surprised that I got it this time versus my other trips. I was very careful, but you never know!

Came back 8/20, 3 of the 6 of us with covid. Tested positive 3 days after our return. This was the 5th trip to WDW post covid and the first we caught it there. All vaccinated and all had covid prior. Definitely worse than omicron. Been sick for 10 days now. Headache, constant dry cough, irritated throat, sneezing, muscle aches, and exhausted. Still have smell and taste (did not with omicron). Symptoms definitely going away, it's taken a lot longer this time. I have had friends recently return and everyone of the groups has had at least one person test positive. One family member who lives in Orlando also tested positive and two friends in Orlando who work for Disney (who we did not have contact with) tested positive in the past week. It's rampant.

That was me when I had covid - which was last year when vaccination was starting to ramp up for adults (April/May). I had a week of my first shot under my belt...and I got covid. I still don't completely have my smell back. I will get whiffs of a smell, then it will be gone. Like last night - dh was eating toast with peanut butter toast and I could smell that for about 5 seconds and I commented how good that smelled, then it was gone. I hope you start to feel better. The exhaustion and strength does come back, it just takes a little time. I hope you start to feel better soon.
Thanks so much. DD lost her smell & taste today too. I can deal with all of the rest but losing 2 of my senses has been rough. I hope yours continues to improve :hug:

We have been back 8 days now. So far, we are all (4 of us) negative. I do seem to have some sort of cold, but I have tested 4-5 times the past few days, all tests negative. I had my second booster 3 weeks before we went, DH has had one booster, kids 2x shots. We all had covid this year - kids and I in April, DH beginning of June. We flew AC so obviously masked there and back, and I had every intention of masking in lines and crowded situations, but I underestimated how I would feel about that in the heat so we didn't really mask anywhere during our 10 days.

Now that we have been back over 2 weeks I feel I can post.

August 9-16th at Disneyland. Flew out of Detroit into LAX. Kn95 on planes and airport. No Masks otherwise. Husband and I are triple vaxxed and had covid in May, kids have 2 shots (under 12). None of us caught covid.

went to disneyland june 23rd. triple vaxxed, wore kn95 on plane and airport, but were unmasked (for the first time since pandemic started) while at disneyland. all tested positive afterwards.

A few weeks ago I caught Covid, likely at a CFL game.
The following week my wife went to visit her brother in BC and caught it there. (I was supposed to go but didn't - see previous line)

We have a Disney trip planned for November that we were worried about Covid for. But now that we're newly healthy again with solid antibodies we're even more excited for Disney. I joke that I feel I could lick the doorknobs now.

Were at WDW from August 22 to August 27, all of us (5) caught Covid.

The kids got all the symptoms but never tested positive. I was just writing it off as a summer cold due to being caught in torrential rains everyday and continually walking into frigid AC with rain-soaked clothes. We all tested negative for a mandatory pre-cruise test. That was on Friday morning. By Friday evening I was starting to feel the sore throat, but again figured it was just heat/AC/heat/rain/AC just playing havoc with my immune system.

Sunday morning, the morning of the cruise, I woke up feeling not great and took a test. Positive.

Took another test. Positive. UGH! Now it's a scramble because our boarding time is 12:30pm and it's already 9am - trying to figure out how to contact Royal Caribbean to let them know we won't be sailing. All this while also trying to check out of GF with five people's worth of baggage.

Got through to RCCL customer service. They let me cancel my booking, but wouldn't let me cancel my wife's booking in a separate room. Luckily she was there, because:

a. She could cancel the booking on her room even though I'm the one that booked and paid for both rooms, and;
b. I passed out cold shortly after handing her the phone.

She was a trooper. Got all 5 of us out the door and to the car. I almost asked her to get a wheelchair to take me from our building out to the pick-up/drop-off but I knew that would freak her out even more. Found a pair of rooms out on I-Drive for $50/night and we checked in there for four days. I was recovering by Monday afternoon when DW took sick. She joined me in the convalescent ward and we left the kids in their own room. Got them tickets to Universal Studios and they spent their time there.

It was August 28 that I first tested positive. We slowly drove home since I'm the main driver in the family, going in 5-hour chunks (that still took almost 9-hours) from Orlando to Toronto. Wife has recovered, kids never tested positive at all though they all had sore throats. I still feel a little run down and am still testing positive more than a week later.

A few weeks ago I caught Covid, likely at a CFL game.
The following week my wife went to visit her brother in BC and caught it there. (I was supposed to go but didn't - see previous line)

We have a Disney trip planned for November that we were worried about Covid for. But now that we're newly healthy again with solid antibodies we're even more excited for Disney. I joke that I feel I could lick the doorknobs now.
Not to burst your bubble, but this variant isn’t showing any lasting immunity after infection. There are cases of reinfection just weeks after infection.

I fly to Orlando Friday for 12 days…let’s just say I’m happy you no longer need to test to go 🤪 Did cruise to Alaska last week, one of the travellers with us (separate room) tested positive yesterday. I hope I’m fine because I have not seen her since Thursday - the night before we disembarked. So she could have got it flying home. (I drove) …I have spent the last 3 weeks thinking I have Covid. (I have no symptoms …but when I got Covid in February - I also had no symptoms). …and yes I tested and I’m negative. This stupid disease really messes with your head.

We are a party of 12 and were there from August 13th to the 23rd. We have all the vaccines/boosters we can get. We started out pretty diligent with masks, but by the time we left, we were not masking anywhere. Early in the trip, one member of our travel party got sick with cold like symptoms (coughing, sore throat, etc). He visited the doctor and a PCR test came back negative. Given the negative test, he continued to interact with us as if all was well (we were all okay with this, even with the risk of getting something - be it COVID (false negative) or a cold). We are back now 2 weeks later and no one else got sick or had any other symptoms the entire time.

Other than masking on the plane no precautions. In Disney 11 days. Wife got a cough 6 days in. A couple days later sore throat for me for 1.5 days and then a mild cough for a couple days. Daughter sniffles. Other daughter nothing. All 4 negative upon return. Did not test twice. If it was COVID it was milder than a cold but a bit worse than the COVID I had in January.
Was around a COVID positive co-worker 10 weeks ago. Had some mild cold symptoms soon after and was negative 4 days straight.

6 trips so far in 2022 (14 since the Covid shutdown reopening) and all on-property stays.
Once mask rules went away we never wore them again.. and did not contract Covid on any Disney trip.

Well, I got sick in June, during a trip. It wasn't COVID, though...at least I tested negative, I think it was probably some sort of bronchitis. It never went to my lungs.

My family (5) flew down August 13th for 10 days and no one got covid. My DH and I have gotten all the vaccines and boosters because of our age. Other family members were vaccinated and one booster. Grand daughter no vaccines. We never wore masks but we did clean our hands frequently after touching surfaces.
Also, we didnt wear masks on the plane either.

My family (5) flew down August 13th for 10 days and no one got covid. My DH and I have gotten all the vaccines and boosters because of our age. Other family members were vaccinated and one booster. Grand daughter no vaccines. We never wore masks but we did clean our hands frequently after touching surfaces.
Also, we didnt wear masks on the plane either.
Edited to add
Well seems things have changed

COVID border mandates, mask requirements on trains and planes to end Sept. 30​

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/travel/ne...A12g0sV?cvid=899fcfe1ce304cefa9f47b392f827c06

Hi Hon
I thought masks were mandatory from all Canadian Airports?

Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter