Have you been to Disney this year and did anyone in your party get COVID?

Did anyone in your party get COVID during a Disney trip in 2022?

• Total voters
We went last August during Delta and a very high case positivity rate in the Orlando area. I masked (KN95) indoors and outdoors in crowded areas. My son wore a level 2 surgical mask indoors only. Neither of us contracted Covid.

At the time my son and I were both double vaxxed.

We travelled again during Ontario's March Break when there was a lull in cases in Florida. My husband and I masked on transportation (required) and occasionally in crowded queues. Neither of us contracted Covid.

My husband and I are both double vaxxed and have our first booster.

I've gone 4 times. 1st October 2020, 2nd August 2021, 3rd for October 1st 2021, and most recently May 2022. I've haven't caught it so far. I'm double vaxxed and boostered. In Oct 2020 we wore masks even outdoors but ate indoors. In August 2021 we also visted universal and did not wear masks at all there but did indoors at disney as required, and we ate indoors. October 2021 was masked when required and we ate indoors. This last trip we didn't even wear masks on the plane as we flew to buffalo. I tested 3 times once I got home and nothing. We leave for our cruise to Alaska on Friday so I'm hoping to continue to be lucky.

Went in April. Never wore a mask. Don’t think we got Roni. But also never checked. So 🤷‍♂️

We went and didn't get covid. Masked indoors except when eating. Made sure our hands were as clean as they could be.

A month later, my husband had to go to a convention in Kansas City and he brought covid home. We all got sick then.

(all of us are double vaxxed and boosted)

We went in September 2021 and March 2022 and did not get Covid. We never wore masks unless required. We are going again for a couple days in July, in September and December and also on a cruise in July and not worried at all of getting Covid.

I've been to Disney 3 times this year (January, February, and April). We followed whatever the requirements were at the time, but only masking where required. I did not get COVID any of those instances (though I have it now just from regular daily life!), but during my late February trip 2 of the 5 people I traveled with tested positive the night we returned. The other 3 of us never got it though. And we shared food, a room, etc. We are all vaxxed and boosted.

Honestly, I think at this point I wouldn't "worry" about getting it but just be smart and be aware that you are probably going to get it somewhere at some point. Any time you are going to be somewhere in groups of people it's a risk these days and it's unpredictable who it will affect and when it seems.

We went in March and the parks were pretty crowded. We didn't wear masks, indoors or out, except on the monorail, and most people we saw weren't wearing them, either (including on the monorail). No one got Covid. FWIW, all of us had previously had Covid at least once. In our party, one adult was double vaxxed and boosted, one adult was double vaxxed but not boosted, one adult was unvaccinated, and we had a 2 year old who was not eligible to be vaccinated.

Got back a week ago. No masks, no Covid. Ate indoors. We are all vaxxed, adults boosted, and 4 out of 5 of us had Covid in January.

We went in March and the parks were pretty crowded. We didn't wear masks, indoors or out, except on the monorail, and most people we saw weren't wearing them, either (including on the monorail). No one got Covid. FWIW, all of us had previously had Covid at least once. In our party, one adult was double vaxxed and boosted, one adult was double vaxxed but not boosted, one adult was unvaccinated, and we had a 2 year old who was not eligible to be vaccinated.

2 questions because I might have missed some changes to vax and mask requirements:

Did you drive? I thought you had to be vaxxed to fly out of Canada?
Did the unvaxxed person wear a mask the whole time they were in Disney? I thought masks were optional for vaxxed but required for unvaxxed?

2 questions because I might have missed some changes to vax and mask requirements:

Did the unvaxxed person wear a mask the whole time they were in Disney? I thought masks were optional for vaxxed but required for unvaxxed?
Im not sure that PP is Canadian. Several replies on this thread are from US citizens.

We drove (we have a house in FL and were there for over a month). And the unvaxxed person (who wasn't me) likely violated the requirement. I suspect there are many who do - WDW isn't checking.

We were in WDW for two weeks end of Jan to Feb 4. Wore masks anywhere indoors or near big crowds; a lot of kids and adults coughing while we were there too. I was the only one on the trip to test positive, but luckily asymptomatic aside from a slight cough and I had the COVID insurance so everything in the US was covered once I got my +ve results.

Then in April I had a couple free days in LA while down there for work and went to Disneyland, wore a mask indoors. Tested twice when I came home since Husbando is immunocompromised, negative.

We went last August. Wdw still had mask mandate for rides at the time and transportation etc. we did eat inside and outside. I avoided MK fireworks or watched behind the castle where crowds are light.
When we go to Universal this Aug I still plan on wearing a mask in ride queues, inside stores and in crowded areas. We’re there 2 weeks and the last thing I want to do is spend my holiday sick in my hotel room.

…just saw mention of insurance. I FINALLY got my payout from Manulife last week for submission made in mid February. I had to stay an extra 8 days (got Covid Day 12 of 14 days stay) I was pretty well asymptomatic, so no complaints from me about an extra week in the dead of winter at a really nice Marriott timeshare.

I’m now over 14 days out from my last trip to WDW and no symptoms, so didn’t test. Just a cold sore 😜

I just returned from a 7 day vacay at WDW, Saturday to Saturday. On Wednesday last week I noticed my throat felt a bit off and then on Thursday and Friday (to today but resolving) I was coughing a bit and had a stuffed nose (at the time I thought it was an AC issue as I am sensitive to it).

I tested when I got home Saturday and am indeed COVID positive. My traveling companion did not test positive though. I wore a mask the entire time (my companion did not, ironically enough). I'm not sure when/where I got it but I assume in the parks at some point. They are definitely not doing any sort of precautions. We had multiple cast members yell "It's not 2020 folks, it's 2022, squeeze in!" and there were A LOT of close people, perhaps only 15-20% were masked.

Just a friendly reminder , that masking is not all that effective at protecting from GETTING covid, its much more to prevent spreading it…

That being said, as a healthcare provider, masking/distancing definitely seems to help spread of some infectious diseases.

Simply not touching you face, eyes and nose due to wearing a mask is helpful to keep all infectious disease at bay.

Wash your hands before eating.

It would be nice if people with symptoms would all mask, or better yet, stay home. But we know, some people will not give up what they want to protect others.

Good luck everyone.
Get Vaxxed and boosted!

We went in May - a week on the Fantasy followed by a week in the parks and did not get Covid. 4 adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter