Have you been "Bitten" by the Concierge "Bug"? aka The LIZARD LOUNGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LovesDumbo - I didn't mean not to say it earlier - WELCOME HOME! :wave:

TammiMcmann - It looks like it's working out for your DD to jump on your bandwagon. I'm so happy for you. I love IPO swoopin' in to help out on last minute plans!

I'm really enjoying your holiday stories, new clippies and photos of the kiddos!

Chef Mickey's has Mickey pancakes, right? DH was reading something that a restaurant at CR had a great breakfast, which I'm thinking is Chef Mickey's. However, isn't this also a character meal? If it is, I'm not telling him. He'll find out when we get there. If you've been, how have you liked it?

I'm quite surprised DH is liking the CR so much. He was a little taken back when I told him what reservation changes I had made. He expected me to change my mind five millions time, but thought we'd end up at BWI, GF or the entire week at AKL. CR hadn't crossed his mind since he didn't know if he liked the room decor. But now he's seeing the pluses like location, monorail, view of MK. I had him hook, line and sinker when I told him about the suite on the 14th floor. He was buggin' out :earseek: , but in a good way.

Good Afternoon!
Well, my DD does have strep - at least a "weak positive" result:confused: She's now on penicillin for the next 10 days. But she actually seems fine right now...

I would appreciate some advice on check-in at AKL with my DBrother and DSIL joining us. My brother's flight has been changed and he will now arrive 3 HOURS before DD and I will. I have arranged a town car to take them to AKL. There is plenty to do at AKL to keep them busy before we arrive (hopefully ON TIME!) but would it be reasonable and fair for me to ask Andrea or Don if my brother could relax in the CL Lounge for part of that time? The room is in my name and my credit card, so will they just need to wait for me to get there? Have any of you had a similar situation? Thanks for any advice:wave2:

Liz-sorry to hear about your DD. DS & I have been fighting colds since we got home and baby (I think I need to stop calling her that) was up a lot last night so I think she's getting it too. Poor Mom is having a hard time getting over her cold since I haven't slept well the last 5 nights. Hope we stay strep free as my 2 older ones are both alergic to penicillin and the youngest has only taken it once and had a rash so I'm not convinced she's not also-yet the alergist said it not hereditary and they are alergic to different components.

Anyways back to concierge...on my first trip to Poly CL, my friend from FL was driving down to meet us and stay in our room. I asked if she could have access to the lounge and use the pool. They said that was no problem and in fact they actually let her into the room even though I was paying for it. So I'm sure AKL CL would be happy to let your DBro use the lounge. Its so nice to have the lounge to relax after traveling.

Tammi-must be because I'm just back from FL but I thought the 35 degree weather this morning felt more like winter than fall! Looks like it could snow! How wonderful that it looks like your DD will be able to join you for your family trip. What a great way for her to celebrate getting through finals! December is a magical time to go to Disney. On one of my Dec trips I did Christmas cards in the airport since I knew I wouldn't have time to do them at home.

VAgal-I've never been to Chef Mickeys but if you also want a great non-character breakfast we all loved Boma's at AKL. Pancakes but just round, french toast, oatmeal, other grains, potatoes, bacon, omlet station, carved ham, and great pecan rolls. YUM....

Liz--

sorry to hear about the strep. DS6 just got done with his penicillin for this--2nd time in 2 months. If he's like me, he'll keep getting it until they finally yank the tonsils! He did, however LOVE the amoxicillin this time. CVS and other pharmacies now have the option to add flavorings to liquid medicine. He loves anything orange, so he was thrilled to have his orange creamsicle medicine. It's about time they made something as tasty as grape dimetapp. Anyway, he only took about a day (2 doses) until he was really feeling better. Hope your little one has a speedy recovery too. So sorry we're going to miss you this trip--especially since we'll be with my "Mt Pleasant" brother and sister in law. By the way, I'm passing on the tree too so I could secretly upgrade my parents to concierge. Family is way better than a tree! And of course, the extra hands with the kids are great too!

Tammi--so excited to hear about your daughter. You are so helpful here and so wonderful with planning, I know this will work out for you---the last little piece to the planning puzzle!

Well, I messed up trying to download the microsoft xp service pack (again) so they are callling me back to walk me through the installation process. wish my kids were a little older so they could do this for me! That's why I've been mia for a while.

Today, same ds lost his first tooth! Unfortunately, he was eating lunch and swallowed it! He's so worried that the tooth fairy won't come since he doesn't have the tooth. Personally, I was hoping that wiggler would hold out so he could lose it at Disney! Second one is wiggly too so maybe it'll hold out a few more weeks.

finally got akl concierge for my parents--had to add 2 days to be dropped off later and have it at ---gasp---rack! I don't think we've ever paid rack so we're going to keep calling. At least we'll all be together now and they will be totally surprised.

Kris--LOVE the picture of the girls. Now we'll know who we're looking for. Congrats on your stepson too---that is terrific news. I'm still tweaking this trip to add more lounge time so hopefully we'll run into each other more often.

So many who need prayers and pixie dust here---here's hoping everything turns out well for those who need it. Debbie--I can totally feel for your daughter as my first funerals were for college friends in a car accident (a trip I was supposed to be on). My heart goes out to her and your family.

Well, microsoft is calling, wish me luck!

Oh, in just 4 short weeks, we'll be enjoying MVMCP!!!!

B]LovesDumbo-[/B] Thank you for the information on the Poly. You make is sound so wonderful. I know we would enjoy the view of the castle and the light show, fireworks and light parade. I was concerned due to some of the threads I have been reading that were less then good reviews of the Poly. Plus, the CL with a lagoon view is REALLY expensive. Hopefully, I will be able to pick up an AP rate or some type of discount before we go. :tongue:

VaGal- We went to Chef Mickey's on 10/16, DH made the ressies for our anniversary. I was a little worried that we as two adults without children would feel out of place. WRONG! :earsgirl: :earsboy: it was so much fun. All the characters came over and interacting with us both. The food was very good and they had many different and unusual items. The pancakes are in the shape of Mickey and they have waffles too. There are many, many choices and the food was hot and fresh. We both had a ball. I never expected that I would blush and feel what I felt when Mickey gave me a Big hug.... I was 8 years old again. It was great. We will definitely be going back in May. :teeth:

I am still home sick today. Yuck Just don’t feel good and have a really bad headache. :headache: Hope to get over this tonight and back to work tomorrow.

Johnsonet – I am sorry to hear you little one has strep throat. You still have quite a bit of time before your trip. She should be all well and I am sending prayers that the rest of the family stays healthy.

Regarding your questions about AKL. You should not have any problems with you brother arriving early. I would call and talk to Juanita or Don and ask if a note can be placed on your reservation. Since they are staying with you I would imagine that CL would welcome them into the lounge and let them change into suits for the pool.

I agree with Lovesdumbo too. The breakfast at Boma’s is super. We even went back there one AM while staying at SOG just for the breakfast. It really is a brunch for us as there are so many selections and I love their roast pork.

Mikey Fliers - I really do understand your feelings about SOG. We stayed there for a week in October. It was ok. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms large. But, it was a huge mistake to stay concierge at AKL then switch to SOG. Not just the pampering part, we had really bad mouse keeping and some unfriendly CM’s. If you want pull up thread on “ Just back from SOG any questions?” it will give you a lot of information as well as my post. We will not be staying there in foreseeable future. It would be a good place for large families on a budget. Let me know what you and your husband decide.

Kris - I hope you are feeling better. It is so hard to be a mom, work full time and be ill. I love your new picture. The colors are so wonderful and the girls as just adorable. They look like little fairies in storybook land.

Thankyou all for the get well wishes. Have a good night

Angel

:wizard:

Well it is getting ever close for me! Yippie!

PD and P to all in need. So many sick lizards. So many sick lizard children. :wave2:

Welcome back lovesdumbo! Thanks so much for the good review on the Poly. I can't wait. I do think I'm going to bite the bullet and book my son and DIL there at the Poly too. :eek: I'm going for broke. ::yes::

BT can't wait for the link to your online store! :hyper:

Thanks for posting the adorable pics of your Halloween sweeties Majestic! They are the cutest. :sunny:

I know I'm missing a bunch of people, please forgive me...:o

Anyway, could someone tell me about the beds in the Hawaii building? Are they rock hard, cottony soft or just right????

I spent a few days at the Shore; my annual girls only trip. We stayed at this wonderful condo, oceanfront. I sat on the balcony and could watch the sunrise over the ocean. Loved it. The bed was from the Flintstones movie set. A slab of concrete. Had to find a KMart on the mainland, a buy a mattress topper.:rolleyes:

I just can't wait for December. :cloud9:

Good morning all.

Angel16 You know, I think that I did read the "just back from SOG thread". You have expressed my thoughts exactly. You can't beat the rate at SOG and the room size is great, but my heart just isn't in it. And frankly, if my heart isn't in it, I won't have a good time. Talking about it last night to my DH, he said "babe, you don't have to convince me. Book whatever resort you want". Gee, I love my man.....

I think that we will ultimately wait until this next trip is over to decide where we will stay in May.

It is getting so close and I am so bummed out that the World is going to be packed. DFs just left WDW on the 4th and said " I think everyone has figured out that this is the best time of year to come". I know she was there for Jersey week.

I guess we will be spending a lot of time at SAB.

Send PD this way for manageable crowds. :hyper:

Have a great morning. Off to run....

Thanks for the heads up on Chef Mickey's guys! I would love to do a character breakfast there and DH should be happy with a good meal. We did Boma's for breakfast when we visited in June so it's on the to do list for next go around....even for dinner our first night there.

I'm sorry there are so many of you that are sick. Keeping you guys close to my heart.

Good Morning Lounge Lizards!!
Well, the :sunny: is shining here and it is finally COOL! This thing of 82-degree weather was really getting OLD! Especially as Christmas decorations are sprouting up everywhere...

DD is doing well - thank you so much lovesdumbo, lindeyspol, Angel and others for your kind thoughts and PD;)

I can't believe how quickly our trip is approaching:teeth:
Steffy looks as though we will be in The World at the same time...I just cannot WAIT!:Pinkbounc

VAgal76 I know you will love breakfast at Chef Mickey's::yes:: I haven't been since 1995:earseek: but I remember having a blast with my Dnieces and DNephew. Since then, I've only been for dinner but your post makes me want to look at my schedule and see if I can squeeze in Breakfast at CMs:teeth:

Have a great day everyone:wave2:

Not much time to post...off to another appt. this morning!!! I hope everyone is doing well today!

Now here's my question.....Last night my confirmation for GF/RPC came in the mail for '05. For those who have stayed there, the room type says "garden/water". It does not say concierge. Does this sound right??? :confused:

Thanks for the help!!!! :sunny:

Good Morning, Lizards!

It's getting closer and closer to time for my trip, and I'm getting so excited! I've just got a few priority seating adjustments to make, and I'll be all set. I think we're also going to carve out some time to meet with our wedding photographer to work on our wedding album. I'm so ashamed that I've been married nearly a year and still haven't done it, LOL!

I also got my packet for the Half Marathon in January. Holy mackerel! I didn't realize that the LAST bus that takes you to the starting area will be departing the resorts at 4:00 AM! :earseek: We were going to eat at Kona Cafe the night before the race, but now I think we'll just eat something light and go to sleep, LOL!

Originally posted by Mickey Fliers
Good morning all.

my DH, said "babe, you don't have to convince me. Book whatever resort you want".

Mickey Fliers - Wow what a sweet heart.

So many sick lizards. So many sick lizard children

PD for all! Stay healthy

Its been 75 days since we started our WDW vacation...I am going through withdrawal! I want to got back and see all 800,000 leaves on the Swiss Family Tree House...

Morning everyone.

We're in Panama City Beach. DH is doing Ironman Florida tomorrow. We are staying at the Hampton Inn, which is pretty darn nice. They have a reception every evening with snacks, wine and beer, etc.

How is everyone?

:D

Originally posted by Steffy
Anyway, could someone tell me about the beds in the Hawaii building? Are they rock hard, cottony soft or just right????

Steffy-on my prior 2 trips I found the beds in HI building very comfy. On our trip last week I thought 1 queen bed was great-not too hard/not too soft but the other bed was a bit too soft and the daybed was much too soft. We were in room 3504-3rd floor balcony, non smoking, close to lounge, and awesome view of castle. The view of EWP was a bit obscured by a palm tree. I can't believe I forgot to take photos of the view! BTW-I have counter envy! How will I wait another year? Still trying to figure out how to do a mother/DD trip without scaring DS.

Its so depressing that my counter is gone. Time to book another trip I guess. I have counter envy. We are still sick with the crud. This weather is cold and windy. I NEED to go back to Florida.My DH wants to move there and my DS started crying with even the mention of it. I'm just going to have live off of you lizards getting ready to go soon-LOL.
Hope everyone is well. As soon as everyone gets better I will have to do a trip report. Hope I can remember everything.:crazy:
Sorry I missed you guys at the Poly. We went there for breakfast one morning and I wanted to stand up and yell-"Is LovesDumbo or SteveandDonna here?" :p Wouldn't that have been interesting! If any of you were on the monorail with an 8y.o. boy coughing like he had the plague-that was my DS. Everyone looked at me like he had Tuberculosis.
Update on my Dear Friend-she might come home today. Isn't that wonderful news!!!!!!!!

Had to bump this baby UP;)

Getting ready to take some pics of DD - hoping for my Christmas card:teeth: Although she has strep throat, she's a vision, if I do say so myself ::yes::

Emailed AKL IPO this afternoon to switch around a couple of things. Also called WDW Dining and changed my Boma PS to 5pm on our arrival day so we can get to MK a bit earlier for MVMCP!! I'd thought Boma started serving at 5:30pm so had requested this from AKL IPO but today read somewhere that they open at 5. This will work well for us:cool:

samnbilly That is great news about your friend! Also, hope you all get better quickly so that you can enjoy your weekend (and write that trip report;) ) And YES, you do need to plan another trip...
:wave2:

Sorry I missed you guys at the Poly. We went there for breakfast one morning and I wanted to stand up and yell-"Is LovesDumbo or SteveandDonna here?"
Ooh, I wish you had, samnbilly! My MIL was already flabbergasted at how many people (mostly CMs, of course) seemed to know us by name. She had a hard time with "strangers" talking to us - she was as bad as our niece was in January. After the trip, though, she said she loved that everyone treated her and my FIL like they knew them.

Steffy The beds in Hawaii are decent, not too firm, but reasonably supportive. I hate the pillows, but I'd always be happier traveling with my own. If it weren't for all the shoes we bring I'd stuff my pillow in my suitcase, too.

WoodysRU our confirmations for the Poly have always come with just the room view shown, not concierge level. That's what led to the mix-up with our Dec. ressie because they had the concierge price, but we weren't in the system as being booked concierge. If it makes you feel better, call CRO and doublecheck. After the Dec. fiasco (screwed up once and cancelled twice by their system) I've been calling and checking once a week to be sure. We've never had a problem like this before, but I saw another thread where several people had ressie glitches, so maybe CRO/WDTC had some computer issues at some point.

I concur about the Boma breakfast - best breakfast buffet on property. MIL loved the roast pork loin and FIL had a meat fest on his plate. I was partial to the curried dishes.

Hope everyone is getting over their bugs/injuries/misfortunes. I think I'm finally at the end of this throat/chest/sinus crud because I feel like eating everything in the house, incl. all the leftover Halloween candy!

Just had to pop in and wave bye-bye to all of you. We leave early in the morning, will have a night at Poly and then 4 at AKL Concierge. YEAH. Anyone there 11/7-11? If so, look for DD (10) and I. We'll be on the the sunrise safari on 11/9.

Guess I need to pack something.

hightown Have a wonderful time!! You will;)

Lizards, I need your opinions! I am going to book a 3 or 4 night trip in early February to celebrate my bday with my very best friend. I am no longer planning the bigger trip I'd once considered. The girls are all pregnant or don't really get along together:rolleyes:
Where should we stay? Assuming there is availability

1. Grand Floridian RPC
2. AKL Concierge
3. BWI Concierge

Since it's just the two of us I am not going to look at suites...but other than that, sky's the limit:teeth: My friend has never been to Disney before:earseek: , is very skeptical and a complete snobprincess: I really want to have a great trip, show her how wonderful it is and really luxuriate. I am staying AKL CL next month and will be staying at AKL again at the end of March HOWEVER< the Sunset Safari would sure be fun with my best friend::yes:: Will you please give me your opinions? Also, I have stayed BWI CL before and AKL CL before. I have stayed at GF many times but never RPC. Because of the "grand"ness of it and b/c of the Spa I am leaning toward it but have some fear b/c of bad reviews...What would YOU do??
Thanks - I value your opinions greatly!!:wave2:

johnsonet - Does she really love animals? If not then the Sunset Safari might not have the impact you are looking for.

Since you describe her as a bit of a snob, I would do the GF - RPC if you can swing it. Then plan a Spa treatment together. You know the two of you getting your nails done and a pedicure thrown in just for good measure. Not sure I would do a massage, unless you know she is into that. Some people just get a little freaked having a stranger touch them.

Just my 2 cents. :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter