Have Wonder Questions? - Just off Nov. 1!!!

crafty91

DIS Veteran
Just got off the Wonder yesterday, November 1! :cool1: So lemme know if you have any burning questions. These boards are a big help to me so if I can give back any let me know.:teacher:

Btw, yes 3 nights are WAY too short but a good test of whether you'll like it at all or not!

Christian still rocks as the Cruise Director, and we had flat seas with basically no ship rocking!

Hope you had a great cruise! This is my first; just wondering if we get to the port by 10 am, when will we be able to board? I'm hearing different responses but I was hoping to get on early and at least have the day to explore. Plus, I have a 3 year old and was given the late dinner (which will be impossible with her!) so I need to talk to someone to see about switching. Any suggestions??

Hope you had a great cruise! This is my first; just wondering if we get to the port by 10 am, when will we be able to board? I'm hearing different responses but I was hoping to get on early and at least have the day to explore. Plus, I have a 3 year old and was given the late dinner (which will be impossible with her!) so I need to talk to someone to see about switching. Any suggestions??

If you are there at 10am and ready to go inside the terminal then you'll board the ship around 11:45am. If you skip the embarkation picture when you're going on the ship you'll be one of the first on and can deal with the dinner thing. Good luck and you guys will have a wonderful cruise!

Hi, Getting on the Wonder 11/12! Here are my questions:
1. How was the food in the regular dining rooms? We are not doing Palo.

2. Did any adults wear pirate costumes to dinner on pirate night?

3. Were there any spa specials offered on Nassau day?

Could you please post the navigators? (Or anybody else out there from a recent cruise who can find the time??) We're getting ready for a december cruise and would love to see more recent ones!!

Hi, Getting on the Wonder 11/12! Here are my questions:
1. How was the food in the regular dining rooms? We are not doing Palo.

2. Did any adults wear pirate costumes to dinner on pirate night?

3. Were there any spa specials offered on Nassau day?

Food in the regular dining rooms is really good! Parrot Cay is my favorite just because I like the Caribbean spices! Tritons is excellent and for food Animators Palate is good but the room/show is not to be missed!

2) Yes there were some with costumes on at dinner pirate night

3) I didn't see any specifically but they typically do on port days

Enjoy!

We are leaving tomorrow for the land portion of the L&S.:cool1: We are doing the 4 night cruise that leaves on Sun. Do you have any children tht attended the kid's activities? Our boys are 4 & 7. I have heard mixed comments about the counselors on the Wonder. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

We are leaving tomorrow for the land portion of the L&S.:cool1: We are doing the 4 night cruise that leaves on Sun. Do you have any children tht attended the kid's activities? Our boys are 4 & 7. I have heard mixed comments about the counselors on the Wonder. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

That is my questions too. I have a 3 year old and I have heard some mixed review especially in regards to the Wonder.

The counselors are really good on the Wonder, my kids 9 & 7 loved the activities and enjoy the counselors. One difference between the Magic and the Wonder is that on the shorter cruises its a bit harder for the counselors to really get to know the kids like they do on a week cruise. Bottom line, your kids will love it, and the more they go the more they will love it.

The counselors are really good on the Wonder, my kids 9 & 7 loved the activities and enjoy the counselors. One difference between the Magic and the Wonder is that on the shorter cruises its a bit harder for the counselors to really get to know the kids like they do on a week cruise. Bottom line, your kids will love it, and the more they go the more they will love it.

We tried a Carnival cruise last year and neither of my kids wanted to attend the camp. We went in at orientation and nobody made any effort to make the kids feel comfortable. We didn't mind being with them all the time, but there weren't many children around for them to play with. Both my boys are shy when faced with a new surrounding so I am hoping they will feel comfortable enough to try some of the activites. Here are some more questions that just came to mind.
1.Did you have the early or late seating for dinner? We are scheduled for the late dinner because our TA said the kids could get room service before the early show then if they are tired they will have already have eaten and can just rest during dinner.
2.How did your children enjoy the shows?
3. Did you go to Palo? If so was it worth it?

2 pirates, we had late seating and I have for all 3 Disney cruises. You'll find a lot of long discussions on whether late or early seating is better but late seating just works better for us. Yes the kids can get room service or pizza all day or hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. Being hungry won't be an issue. Your 4 year old will probably crash during dinner because he'll finally be still long enough to be tired. Remember the youth counselors will come to dinner and get your kids to take them to their clubs so they don't crash if you want.

2)Kids LOVED the shows! Just like Broadway shows but kid friendly.

Thank You! We tried the late seating last year on Carnival, but, we switched it to the early seating after the first night. The shows weren't really that appealing to the kids so we felt it was better to eat early then go watch the movies up on the Lido deck.
I know my kids will enjoy the shows more than a formal dinner. So after speaking with some people we agreed that dinner would be better later. I just don't know if my younger one will leave us to go with the counselors. I am hoping that he can just lay his head on my lap if he's that tired.

Glad you had a great trip! We'll be on the ship December 17!

Can you tell me which shows were which night please?

1) Golden Mickeys 2) Toy Story the Musical 3) I didn't go so I don't remember, sorry

hi,
I had a question about the counselors coming to dinner to pick up the kids. How does that work? Do you arrange it ahead of time, or do they do a visit to the dining room at a certain time and whoever is interested can send the kiddos?

We have cruised many times, and this is one thing I always wished that they would do. My DH usually takes a sleeping child down to the club before our dessert arrives. :laughing: So I am so excited to hear that this is finally happening, and just want to know the details! Thanks!:goodvibes

Also, how was the weather in the Bahamas? We are getting on the Wonder on Thursday! :cool1:

Wow the weather was HOT and beautiful! They are having record temps in Florida right now! Includes the Bahamas!

The counselors just show up about 30 minutes into your dining, so just tell the servers you want the kiddos to go ahead and eat and they'll let you know when the counselors arrive. The rest of dinner is yours!;)

Thanks so much for the information. We are so excited for our cruise and any recent info is greatly appreciated. Glad to hear you had a great cruise. Hopefully we'll be able to find the time to pass it forward when we get back too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter