• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have to vent about a disney hater..

Clare Voince

In Spiritual Repose
Although I love Disney, I know lots of people who don't, but they are always polite and tell me to have a good time.

However, a few days ago, when I mentioned to a newly hired co-worker that my last trip had been to WDW, he was pretty rude about it! He went off on how Disney was not authentic, etc. I explained that I've already traveled to Europe five times, and that Disney was almost like home since I went so much as a kid. Then he said he'd never been anywhere on vacation except Wildwood, New Jersey! I was floored. Luckily, our conversation got interrupted at that point. I could understand that kind of disdain from someone who had been there and didn't like it, or who had traveled to exotic places, but the guy hasn't traveled more than one state over! Jersey doesn't hold any appeal for me, and yes, I've been there, but I'd never be so rude about it if someone did love going there.

Do any of you get this kind of reaction to Disney? What do you think it is about Disney that creates this reaction?

Although I love Disney, I know lots of people who don't, but they are always polite and tell me to have a good time.

However, a few days ago, when I mentioned to a newly hired co-worker that my last trip had been to WDW, he was pretty rude about it! He went off on how Disney was not authentic, etc. I explained that I've already traveled to Europe five times, and that Disney was almost like home since I went so much as a kid. Then he said he'd never been anywhere on vacation except Wildwood, New Jersey! I was floored. Luckily, our conversation got interrupted at that point. I could understand that kind of disdain from someone who had been there and didn't like it, or who had traveled to exotic places, but the guy hasn't traveled more than one state over! Jersey doesn't hold any appeal for me, and yes, I've been there, but I'd never be so rude about it if someone did love going there.

Do any of you get this kind of reaction to Disney? What do you think it is about Disney that creates this reaction?
Ignorance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter