• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have to move our cruise, ideas?

dwtraveler

Livin' my Golden 'Ears
First the fabulous news. Our daughter and son-in-law skyped us last night to let us know that we are to be new grandparents again!!! We are so happy and excited. Now the downer news....she is due the middle of February and wants me to come help with my grandson who will just be turning two, from just before and after the baby comes. Of course I am over the moon about this and will certainly enjoy doing that. Problem is, our Feb. 2013 Valentine's Day cruise will now have to be moved to.....WHEN?

We were thinking middle September now...any suggestions or help in this area? We are booked on the Fantasy for the Eastern Caribbean(we like it better than the Western). Though we have cruiesed Disney many times, this is to be our first trip on the Fantasy. Never traveled in Sept but are hoping the waters will be warmer at CC than our last cruise at Christmas, hahaha! Thanks for any suggestions!:idea:

I actually like sept/oct because the water is not so cold you can't swim in it, lik it would be in Feb. The prices are lower due to hurricane seasons. School year so its not super filled with kids and teens. The only real downside is you run the chance of missing a port due to a hurricane, but nothing you can worry about it because chances are higher you won't have a problem.

My other suggestions would be the week after thanksgiving. The ship will be all decorated for christmas.

I've taken two cruise during hurricane season and one was graced with a storm but the other was the smoothest sailing I've ever seen! It'll be warmer than traveling in February but it's a tropical/breezy area you'd be heading to, so I don't think it's that bad. We're headed on the Fantasy this September, so we're willing to take our chances with the weather. Might recommend Trip Insurance though if you don't normally get it. More for getting to from the port than anything else!

Congrats on the new grandbaby and have a wonderful cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter