• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have to cancel our vacation.

BensWife

DIS Veteran
:( We are so bummed. We've had some unexpected expenses come up, and we are going to have to cancel. We are now planning a Christmas trip in 2014, but that seems like a long way away. We are hoping to save up and have enough by then. Thanks for all the great advice I've gotten this past month.

I'm sorry you have to cancel :(. December 2014 seems like a long ways off, but it will be here before you know it. I pass the time in between trips by coming here and reading about any changes going on, resorts we haven't stayed at but want to try, etc. and that helps me until my trip gets here. Plus Disney at Christmas is amazing so it's worth the wait, IMO :goodvibes.

:( We are so bummed. We've had some unexpected expenses come up, and we are going to have to cancel. We are now planning a Christmas trip in 2014, but that seems like a long way away. We are hoping to save up and have enough by then. Thanks for all the great advice I've gotten this past month.

So sorry. I am sure it is very disappointing. On the bright side, your children are still very young and there is still plenty of time to make magical memories with them at WDW.:goodvibes

Here is the bright side: the Snow White mine train will be open by then! Plus your kids will be a bit older and easier to travel with!

How very unfortunate, only 6 days ago you posted that hubby's extra large bonus was why you were trying to talk him into upgrading to deluxe CL
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051718
and now even the original plan is off the table.
Early December is a lovely time to go, that's when we prefer to visit - we love the decorations.

I understand. We just had to cancel our trip for the end of Feb 2013. Due to school schedules, finances, etc we are now planning to go in May 2014. I was so excited when we hit the 45 day mark, and now it will be over a year before our next trip. My DS7 and DD6 will be DS9 and DD7 the next time we go. I am excited about going in May (warmer weather for pool time) and probably one of the few people excited about FP+. I am hoping the Mine Train is open by May 2014. I keep telling myself Disney will have worked out all the bugs New Fantasyland, My Disney Experience, FP+, etc by then. We also stay at the Poly which is being renovated in 2013, so we will be excited to see the renovations in 2014. Try to focus on the positives, and try to forget about how long it will be before your next trip. I understand and sympathize with you.

How very unfortunate, only 6 days ago you posted that hubby's extra large bonus was why you were trying to talk him into upgrading to deluxe CL
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051718
and now even the original plan is off the table.
Early December is a lovely time to go, that's when we prefer to visit - we love the decorations.
Yep, even with the bonus! Just can't see putting any of this vacation on a credit card. Why does dental work have to cost so much (even with insurance)? Ugh!

That is sad news!

Christmas is amazing at Disney. The kids will love it.

I have been planning a year and a half out and now it is less than 5 months away. Save, save, save so you can have a couple of extra treats.

BensWife said:

Sorry you had to cancel, but Christmas time at WDW is a great time to go. Now you have more time to save as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter