• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have they changed to Twinnings at Garden View Tea Room?

black562

DIS Veteran
The last time we were at the Tea Room, they were in the process of changing over to Twinnings Tea as soon as they could get the blends right.

Does anyone know if that changeover had happened, and if so, how is the new tea?

Interesting question. Can you use a credit here if you have free dining? :drinking:

I do know that the Tea Room isn't on the dining plan. So this is an out of pocket experience.

1) Not yet.
2) The blends are still inconsistent, an vary greatly by batch.

Glad to hear it, I like the current brand very much. I have a couple pounds of it, just in case they quit using it, but will enjoy very much having the experience again (assuming they don't change in the next 4 months.)

Do they still use Tea Leaves, the company, not just tea leaves? I thought it was really good and bought some after we did high tea.

where is this tea room? ive never heard of it and im a BIG tea person.

Our Ratings of Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian: (*rev 02/15/2015*)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: D
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: A
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... n/a
. . . entree:.. Derbyshire Tea
. . . dessert:. n/a

NOTE1: The "Tea" is in a gracious atmosphere overlooking the pool and gardens of the Grand Floridian.
A relaxing way to put a civilized break into your hectic park day. A negative for the true tea aficionado,
is they serve only Pekoe (OP)grade for non-green tea. Reservations are almost a must. Casual "park
attire" is fine, or you can "dress up". You order packages. Anyone can order any package; exception
being no alcohol for the underage drinkers. Plan upon 1½-2 hours if you do it right and enjoy a relaxing
respite. It may sound "stuffy" or "uppity", but not really. It's just people in a quite and sedate atmosphere.
Hours: 2:00pm-5:00pm, except December when hours are 1:00pm-5:00pm. Now, you guys don't get
discouraged or feel out of place (well, at least not TOO much). There are other gents that get-roped-
into-going (I mean join their spouses). Actually, it is a pleasant experience for us dudes. After all, look
at all the Englishmen that do it. OK so not the best example, but you WILL enjoy it.

NOTE2: This is not up to the par of either High Tea or the Afternoon Tea, but it is a good way to spend
an afternoon. As an FYI, High Tea and Afternoon Tea are different. "High Tea" is a later-afternoon event
with more food, including meats. Also note that the "clotted cream" isn't, and they charge for additional
pots of tea. Yeah, I know, it it pretty cheap and cheesy. I actually prefer the Tea at Waldorf Astoria on
property and it's less expensive than the WDW Tea, even for the better selections. We enjoyed "Tea"
at The Savoy and The Claridge's. The GF Tea does not rise to the quality of either. Take a cab to The
Waldorf on property; better pricing, better teas, better service.

NOTE3: No longer can you order ala carte. You MUST order a package. With package, you may add ala
carte items. It seems lots of folks came and did not spend a lot of money. They would just do ala carte.
In fact, some simply ordered tea and nothing to eat, or just a few pastries. Disney is in the biz of big
revenue, hence the change. Dollars-per-chair-per-hour. The Afternoon Tea is not on the Disney Dining
Plan. No sharing of plates to reduce the price per-person.

NOTE4: Disney changed the menu and prices, again. The prices are now OUTRAGEOUS; maybe the famous
PT Barnum was put in charge of the menu & pricing. The prices are ridiculously high. I have taken The WDW
Tea off my recommended list. Do not expect to return to it.ly high. I have taken The WDW Tea off my
recommended list, and do not expect to return to it.[/I]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter