Have these rides made you feel sick?

Have the following rides made you feel sick??

ToT
RnRC
Dinosaur
EE

I've ridden EE one time, and it made me feel a wee little bit dizzy afterwards, but not sick. I take Bonine (like Dramamine) and I think it helps me a little I think. How did you feel after ToT, RnRC, and Dinosaur? Did you take any motion sick pills? I want to try them, but I"m nervous... :sick: :confused3

TOT-Yes.

RNRC- Will not try it.

Dinosaur- To bumpy.

EE-Never again.

Looks like it's Space Mountain for me:rotfl:

Reluctantly tried TOT and NEVER again! I have never been so uncomfortable on a ride (but I really don't like the dropping sensation).

EE - rode twice. First time I wasn't sick at all. The 2nd time during the backward portion, I definitely felt ill. I was really surprised, as I don't usually get nauseous at all.

Refuse to ride R&R.

Dinosaur didn't make me ill at all.

Good luck and have fun!

I can't handle "spinny things" so Tea Cups or anything that spins that fast is out for me. That being said, I can do ToT several times in a row with no problem, Dinosaur is fine--just jerky, RnR is good for one time, but then I have to get my head straight after that. It can give me a headache if I don't sit back enough. EE is an awesome ride. I have to grin and bear the backwards part because I have trouble riding backwards on the Monorail or a bus!!!! But its over quickly. I'm kinda woozy when I get off, but it goes away quickly. If I go on it again, I usually wait awhile.

I have never been sick or even felt sick during a ride.. unless you count waiting in queue. I get real nervous before riding a thrill ride.. especially Tower of Terror, as I hate getting shot up (dropping isn't a problem). But getting shot up doesn't make me sick, it's just the anticipation..

Now Dinosaur, I was in so much pain because of how cramped it is (I'm about 6'3"-6'4") that I didn't even notice anything. There's no leg room at all.. haven't been that much uncofortable since riding the Jurrassic Park ride at Islands of Adventure.

Unfortunately with age I've become more motion sick...however, none of those rides makes me feel that way. I have more issues with round and round (like the Hurl Cups...I mean Tea cups) Star Tours bothers me a little, but it seems to end right before I feel sick. I've only done the green MS, but I hear the orange can make you very motion sick so I haven't chanced it. Hope this helps!

ToT
RnRC
Dinosaur
EE

ToT: No
RnRC: No
Dinosaur: Yes
EE: No

Teacups: Yes
Primeval Whirl: Almost lost it
Star Tours: Very much so
Body Wars (when it still existed): Oh yeah
Mission: Space (before there was a green): OMG, I thought I would die. I haven't even gone back to try the green after that first experience.

And a really weird one...
Reflections of China: Always makes me a little wobbly. It's something about standing and having the visual effects all around me, I guess.

ToT
RnRC
Dinosaur
EE

ToT - never
RnRC - a couple times I have felt a little queasy but it went away.
Dinosaur - nope
EE - I had a little motion sickness once from EE. On my next trip I took some dramamine before riding. I was fine after riding but I fell asleep during FotLK!!

So it seems to me that if I take my bonine before riding I should be fine. I just hope that I can work up the nerve to try the rides I haven't done yet!!! :faint:

In truth, only Mission Space Orange gives me a headache but that's only after multiple rides (3 in a row in be exact). The only attraction I avoid is the Tea Cups because of the headache factor. I haven't ridden them since the '70s!:goodvibes

jon

As much as I hate to admit it, I get motion sickness on rides. This is a later in life development and I hate it, but it is the truth. I think I will try those ginger root pills next time. I also realized that if I am in the dark - most of ToT, part of EE, and Space Mountain, I get light headed much easier. So, I have to figure out what to do.

ToT - Totally freaked me out. Yes, I got queasy. I will tell you that I had read on here that "it messes with your mind". Before I went I thought that was the silliest thing I had ever read - Well, I was SO wrong. I really does. It is absolutely BRILLIANT as far as theme and "setting the stage".

RnRC - haven't tried

Dinosaur - It was fine, just jerky. Funny side story here - I had to GO TO THE BATHROOM before this ride started (yeah I know - stupid) and I thought I was going to die before the ride was over, but it was because of that!:hyper:

EE - I got pretty light headed here.

I probably WON'T do ToT or EE again unless the ginger root pills seem to be working on rides that are easier for me to take - BTMR. Space Mountain

ToT - Yes (all rides that drop you straight down like that make me sick)
RnR - No
Dino - No
EE - Yes but after we rode it 3 times in a row

Love this thread because I love thrill rides, but with the onset of old age came blood pressure meds! :( I used to be fine with everything but certain rides now disagree at times.

ToT - still love it, no problem.
RnRC - depends ... sometimes fine ... I think it may also depend on hydration.
Dinosaur - have yet to do it.
EE - weird ... did it once with my DD and came off really woozy ... not sick to my stomach, but a bit light headed (unless that's just my M.O. :rotfl: ).

I would love to figure out a way to do these with no problems. Like I said, I wonder if a being slightly dehydrated can contribute to the motion sickness thing. One of my pills does say that it cause dizziness. Anybody have any thoughts?

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter