• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have the fires deterred your upcoming DLR trip?

We are stuck btw a rock and a hard place. We have 3 little kids, youngest 6 months, and do NOT want them in this bad weather. But DH has the time off now and we most likely won't be able to go later...our tickets need to be used within 30 days. I am not familiar with the way the winds work down there BUT if they change direction, could that mean the skys may clear about DL? How long do you think the smoke and ash will remain in the sky above DL? Is this the beggining or what? I would like to see a webcam or pictures but we can't seem to find any.

we fly down from Sac on Friday am. I am hopeful that things will have settled down by then. I feel really bad for everyone down there in the middle of it all. I was bad when it was up here earlier this year. The smoke was awful and lots of activites were cancelled that were outdoors. Good luck in what ever you choose to do. I know it will be a hard choice.

Tracer, are you driving? Can you call and delay a day or two? KTLA is broadcasting all fire right now. I don't know that I would take little ones out tomorrow. Red flag warning tomorrow until at least 4 pm in many areas. I wish you well with whatever you decide!

Tracer, are you driving? Can you call and delay a day or two? KTLA is broadcasting all fire right now. I don't know that I would take little ones out tomorrow. Red flag warning tomorrow until at least 4 pm in many areas. I wish you well with whatever you decide!

Yes we are driving. Plan was to go to the parks tomorrow late afternoon/early evening, but we can wait to go until Monday to the park. We saw the reg flag warning until 4pm. I will check out KTLA on line. Thanks you so much.

I was looking at another board and someone who was at DL today took pictures of the smoke that was over the parks today and it looked horrible.

From your ticker it looks like you won't be leaving for 6 days? A lot can happen in those days in terms of air quality. :hug: to you. I hope you can figure out what to do.

When we were there in Feb 06, there were fires in the hills around Anaheim, I believe. It wasn't a very cough-y smoke. You could definitely smell it but that's about it.
100_3067.jpg

100_3072.jpg

I leave for my first DL trip on Tuesday for a week, the pilgrimage back "home" that I've waited for for a long time, and now all these poor people are in the middle of a disaster and I see that Disneyland is an unhealthy and uncomfortable place to be, and it does hurt, yeah. I was going to go into deterrment after feeling lost and hopeless all evening, but finding these posts are making me feel not so alone. thanks for the comparison photos Lyndsey, that's a seriously disturbing image but it doesn't look too bad in the park if these fires can get to that point. For now, I'll keep my chin up and my plans on track.

When we were there in Feb 06, there were fires in the hills around Anaheim, I believe. It wasn't a very cough-y smoke. You could definitely smell it but that's about it.
100_3067.jpg

100_3072.jpg

Were you there during the fires or a short time after? Did conditions improve during your stay? Thanks for sharing!

We were there when the fires started- things definitely got better during our 5 day stay. This was the worst day.

We fly down from Sacramento on Sunday. A good friend went down 3 days ago as part of the firefighter crews to help out. I-5 was closed when his crew drove down due to the fire in Sylmar.

Like others have posted, the tickets are purchased & hotels paid for, plus this is our only time off until Summer, so we're still going.

We fly down from Sacramento on Sunday. A good friend went down 3 days ago as part of the firefighter crews to help out. I-5 was closed when his crew drove down due to the fire in Sylmar.

Like others have posted, the tickets are purchased & hotels paid for, plus this is our only time off until Summer, so we're still going.

woo hoo Elk Grove :goodvibes

Have a safe and magical trip all you Elk Grove DISers from another Elk Grove DISer.

yes just cancelled our trip there for thanksgiving. I have kids with asthma and although it may be clear i'd rather just plan for December. I'm a DVC member so we can go anytime and have annual passes.

Our plans was to go for 3 days this upcoming weekend, but if air quality isstill bad this, weekend, then we'll just bypass it and head to the in laws place in AZ. A prayer for those who lost their homes. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter