Have other guests ever gotten mad at you, for something you did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We made someone mad at Test Track, probably more than once. Before the refurb, they would have everyone go stand in front of whichever set of doors. Most people tend to stay almost in a single file line to lne up there, it's not supposed to be a single file line you just needed to keep moving up to fill up all space. We would always follow everyone else until the CM made the announcement to please move forward and fill all available space. We would always wait for the people in front of us to fill in, but if they did not, we would move up and fill in that available space. Once, someone got mad. They didn't say anything to us but spoke very ill of us to the rest of their family. I don't know, even though we gave them time to move maybe we should've asked them politely to fill in the spaces, but the people in front of them hadn't moved, or the people in front of them either.:confused3

...and all the people who take non stop flash pics on HM…

I won't lie, I have thought of digging into my camera bag and taking out my serious flash and letting them see spots for a few minutes...then the rage subsides and remind myself that doing it intentionally is even more jerky. I take a deep breath and remember that if they are using a flash on a darkride, they are also going to have pretty crappy photos and I'm content with that small revenge.

That's funny.

My wife would have been scared to death if we were in with you on that one. She knows I would have been to tempted say something like "why is everyone getting on the sightseeing boat that comes right back to the same dock....?"

I'm surprised we weren't keel hauled!! I won't be making THAT mistake again :blush::smooth:

On our DCL cruise last summer, we were waiting to get off the ship in a port. That particular level was packed with people waiting. I decided to take my son with me to the women's restroom, which had quite a line going. We were patiently waiting our turn, when this lady at the sink makes eye contact with me and says to her neighbor, "If people didn't bring their SONS into the restroom it wouldn't be so packed!" As if it was full of little boys. Lol. We were the only ones. I proceeded to say, "I'm sorry, do you have a problem with me?" She yelled back, "Do you have a problem with ME?" I quickly said, "Yes, I do." Then moved on down the line. Outside while we were still waiting, she was glaring at me. Craziness.

I took my daughter to Disneyland Paris last October with my Mum, Dad, sister and brother in law. Unfortunately on our last day my daughter became really ill and couldn't stop being sick. She told me she wanted to go back to the park and having to check out the hotel we ventured back into the park with loads of carrier bags in our pockets just in case. Around lunch time my daughter was getting worse so we took her to the first aid point where they gave her some medicine. We was then walking down magic kingdom where my daughter was asleep in her buggy when the harvest parade came down the street which woke my daughter up. I took my daughter out the buggy so she could see the parade a bit better and she collapsed on me twice. I ran her back to the first aid point and she was unresponsive and the doctors there didn't know what was wrong. They phoned an ambulance and rushed her to the local hospital. A couple of hours of monitoring and some more medication they discharged her so we could get the Eurostar back home. We rushed back to Disneyland and into a burger place to get something to eat. We handed over our meal tickets and a women told us she wouldn't accept them, so we tried with another server who happily accepted them but the first women oversaw what was happening and started shouting at us in French. So the lady who accepted the vouchers started shouting back at her in French. I had no idea what they were saying but very calmly said to them both "I have been in the hospital for hours with my little girl, our train is due to depart soon can you please just let us eat" the lady who accepted the vouchers was lovely and told us not to worry and then explained that the vouchers were worth more money than the meals we ordered so threw in a buzz lightyear cup, Mickey lunch box, 3 x coffee cups, loads of ice creams and sweets for free :-)

Probably one of my biggest pet peeves, parents who bring their seriously ill children to a park to infect everyone else. I save and save and save to bring my entire family to Disney just to have someone make my family sick....granted, i'm in a place with thousands of people so I'm bound to be around sick people....but people that knowingly bring their sick child is careless, not only for your sick child but for others that have to come in contact with them. Please have respect for others.

Probably one of my biggest pet peeves, parents who bring their seriously ill children to a park to infect everyone else. I save and save and save to bring my entire family to Disney just to have someone make my family sick....granted, i'm in a place with thousands of people so I'm bound to be around sick people....but people that knowingly bring their sick child is careless, not only for your sick child but for others that have to come in contact with them. Please have respect for others.

I hear you, but not really the point of this thread.

We were staying at Sports and they didn't have a chain for the AK bus. We just missed the bus and we were second in line. While waiting someone decided that they didn't want to wait so they started a line next to us. This made me mad. Then out of the blue some elderly couple decided that two lines wasn't enough so they started their own third line. I was really ticked at this. When the bus finally came I was not letting these people cut so I ignored them and got on the bus when I know they thought I was going to let them go ahead of. They were po'ed and I didn't care.

My husband just reminded me of one! We were sitting out by the fountain outside Gaston's Tavern enjoying a delightful stein of LeFou's brew when I saw some children who were all in that fountain digging money out of the water. Now, this is something that does bother me because Disney takes all of that money and donates it to Give Kids the World. I got really irritated when one kid shows his mother the money he has taken out and she says, "Good for you. Is there a quarter in there?" And takes the money and puts it in this little coin purse. Seriously, lady? But, you know, maybe people don't realize that that money goes to charity. I decided to let her know. I was very polite and friendly, I think. At least, that was my intent. So I struck up a conversation with them and asked if they knew that the money in that fountain is collected and given to Give Kids the World. Then, I went on to tell them what all that charity does. The kids get this look on their face that shows that they were upset and shocked. The mother didn't. She asks me what my point is. I tell her that I didn't know if she knew that the money went to a charity. She responds that Disney makes enough money off of all of us and that they can give some of their own money if they don't like her kids taking a few coins out of the fountain. Wow. So I told her that if she was comfortable with her children taking money that was going to go to a charity for children with life threatening illnesses, that was her business and walked away. Maybe I should have minded my own business, but I really enjoyed my time with that charity when I was doing the college program and the thought of people taking money away from them... I don't know. It just really bothered me.

Ummm... In my opinion this is called stealing. Charity or not, the money didn't belong to them. Good for you for trying to give the mom the opportunity to do the right thing.

Jeeze lady complaining about the lady with the sick kid..what happened to a bit of compassion?? harsh very very harsh.. I hope you are never in the same situation one day and anyway...wayyyyyy off topic

Sure it is; for the other family with the sick kid . . . . .

thank you!! I agree, it totally is the point, this entire thread is about people doing things that get others mad. I'm just saying, this is something that I would be mad if I was near this child that was "collapsing" on it's mother....and the child "couldn't stop being sick". I can deal with people ramming their strollers into me, being impatient etc....but a person knowingly spreading germs while other families are trying to enjoy a very expensive vacation with their family, I can not. Sorry, I don't see where I'm off topic, but apologize if people think so. :confused3

Boy I upset a lady last year...but upon reflection..I think she was over acting a bit. I was in a long queue for soda and after purchasing it I took one step back wards and accidentally stood on her toe. I swear I hardly put any weight on it at all and Im not very heavy I instantly swung round and mega apologised...well this lady screams at the top of her lungs and falls to the ground writhing in pain...I was shocked !! all I did was lightly stand on her toe!! she continued to scream in pain " my toe my toe" after I apologized profusely...she still was yelling..at this point people were asking me what happened..I told the people I stood on her toe...they all too couldnt believe the fuss she was making..eventually I just walked away and people just stepped over the top of her and started ordering their sodas !! I sat and watched her though when I went outside and funny enough the minute I exited the place she made a miraculous recovery...no limp or anything! Im still blown away at her.

thank you!! I agree, it totally is the point, this entire thread is about people doing things that get others mad. I'm just saying, this is something that I would be mad if I was near this child that was "collapsing" on it's mother....and the child "couldn't stop being sick". I can deal with people ramming their strollers into me, being impatient etc....but a person knowingly spreading germs while other families are trying to enjoy a very expensive vacation with their family, I can not. Sorry, I don't see where I'm off topic, but apologize if people think so. :confused3
:offtopic:

One time at F&W at Epcot I was waiting in line to use the restroom. Three people back a very pg woman was deep breathing and rubbing her belly. I let her in front of me to use the restroom. She nearly cried she was so relieved. The lady behind me was very upset and said a very not very nice words under her breath while texting.

Offer to "switch" ("you go now and I'll go back to take your place") and fewer people get annoyed. :)

I sat and watched her though when I went outside and funny enough the minute I exited the place she made a miraculous recovery...no limp or anything! Im still blown away at her.

I thought maybe she had osteoporosis or something and you'd done some serious damage (doesn't take much, sometimes), but apparently not. :sad2:

Boy I upset a lady last year...but upon reflection..I think she was over acting a bit. I was in a long queue for soda and after purchasing it I took one step back wards and accidentally stood on her toe. I swear I hardly put any weight on it at all and Im not very heavy I instantly swung round and mega apologised...well this lady screams at the top of her lungs and falls to the ground writhing in pain...I was shocked !! all I did was lightly stand on her toe!! she continued to scream in pain " my toe my toe" after I apologized profusely...she still was yelling..at this point people were asking me what happened..I told the people I stood on her toe...they all too couldnt believe the fuss she was making..eventually I just walked away and people just stepped over the top of her and started ordering their sodas !! I sat and watched her though when I went outside and funny enough the minute I exited the place she made a miraculous recovery...no limp or anything! Im still blown away at her.

She wanted you too buy whatever she was in line for. Glad you, umm, stood your ground. ;-)

Was about to enter MK, realized my other half was not right behind me. So I let the family behind me pass me and go though admissions first because she somehow ended up behind them. Than my fiancé walks up and we are both about to scan our bans to enter and I hear. "To, hey ******* real nice to cut people at Disney World" I had no idea what she was talking about for a second because it took me by such surprise. Finally after having already entered I told her "I had just let another family pass me if she had not noticed, because my fiancé ended up behind them, I was not cutting, oh and nice language infront of your kids have a magical day"

In Sept last year my DS, DDIL and I were seated for FantasMIC! in the handicap area. DDIL is hearing impaired and would be using the reverse captioning once the show started. Two people sat beside us and the CM told them to move as the row was reserved seating for handicapped. They lit into us and the CM that we clearly did not need special seating and if we could sit there so could they. The CM just moved them along but it was unpleasant. I stopped my son from physically moving out of his seat to even approach the couple.

Cygnus, do you have asperger's syndrome?

(I'm not making fun of people with asperger's or any other spectrum-related disorder here. I just think the manifestation of clearly inappropriate behavior, followed by the repeated justification of such behavior, could be indicative of such a disorder)

As a mother of three children with Asperger's, now simply considered an autism spectrum disorder and I being one and the same with them, I can assure you that "clearly inappropriate behavior" "and repeated justification of such behavior" does not equal AS or any other autism spectrum disorder. Comments like that lead those who are not familiar with the spectrum believe that people on the spectrum are "inappropriate". I can assure you that my children and I are kind, considerate and thoughtful in fact I often get comments on how respectful my children are. Are social situations uncomfortable for us at time sure but that does not mean we are inappropriate. I know others on the spectrum as well and they are far from being "inappropriate". I request that you please think about how your comments sound to others before you make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter